5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo A2109 does the job
this tablet offers everything what you ask for, especially when it comes to gaming and internet experience ( social networking of course i.e.. Skype using the front face camera your going to love it <3 ), fantastic for what you pay for simple. Other things is the sound quality is excellent, puts a smile on your face whatever your listening to :).
Published 19 months ago by IDRIS BARACK

3.0 out of 5 stars Three stars = "It's ok" and that's how I feel about it
I've had this Lenovo for around 3 months now, and am coming to the conclusion that its a reasonable product for noobies to tablets but has a few distracting flaws - bought it impulsively on sight, well you know what they say about acting in haste....

What's good:
1) Screen size - Not too many 9" options out there, for those who find a 10" screen too...
Published 13 months ago by G. Palmer

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tablet, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Lenovo Ideapad A2109A 9 inch Tablet - Black (Nvidia Tegra 30 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 4.0) (Personal Computers)
Had this tablet for nearly a week now and I simply cannot fault it, the speed from the quad core beats others i've had, easy to use, but only a little disappointed because I cant seem to move apps from the internal storage to the external micro SD card which is a bit of a let down as this can be done on pretty much most android tablets/phones, apart from that very nice clean image and build.

4.0 out of 5 stars be aware, 22 April 2013
Purchased this idea tablet April 2013.I have to say for the price I cannot fault the product itself..easy to set up and use. Clarity is fantastic. However this product comes with a free Norton mobile 1 month subscription..which I activated ..and I also purchased a yearly subscription of Norton mobile at the same time as buying the product...in order to activate this once my free subscription had ran out. I have since had a refund for my yearly subscription.....this is because...this tablet is locked onto only wanting you to set up a monthly subscription with Norton at 2.49 per month...OK that is not expensive....Still more than paying 20.00 per year though. Also you can never remove the free Norton. Only disable it. After several attempts at trying to install the yearly subscription ....I telephoned lenova who informed me ...it is locked onto you only being able to have a direct debit for a monthly subscription. I have tried to find another yearly subscription for this product...very difficult...nothing seems compatible. So in the end...I was forced to purchase monthly Norton online.
I just think ...you should be informed of this when you purchase the product. On the box or otherwise.
Once again fantastic product , badly let down by being mislead about the internet security.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 May 2013
I have had this Lenovo for about a month now and so far not had any problems with it. It is very fast, the graphics are good.
Others have complained about the screen not having a very wide viewing angle but I would have to disagree. The screen looks good from all angles.
The gps works well in my car despite the heated windscreen which prevents the gps in my phone from working reliably.
Bluetooth and WiFi are also reliable.
The only component which lets it down is the low resolution camera which lacks any focus control and flash but I knew that before I bought it. The tablet has been very useful both at home and work.
I love it..

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good tablet for under 200, 20 Mar 2013
M. Phillips - See all my reviews
Love this tablet. Very fast for the price. Screen not amazing but also no where near as bad as web reviews make out. If you are not using it outside in the sun then you would probably not notice a huge difference between this and the Nexus 7. Would recommend. NB. Noticed amazon have hiked the price up 50 as popularity growing - PC world are currently doing it for 199 and there are discount codes on the web that will give you another 5% off that. I got one for 189! Bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mid size tablet., 17 Feb 2013
This is the first tablet and indeed the first Android device I have owned and generally I have to say I am quite pleased with it.
It came with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) installed but an update for 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) is available though it did take me several attempts for it to successfully download. It comes with many pre loaded apps and I have found it very intuitive to use.
I would recomend adding the Firefox browser as I often find that if a web page won't work fully on one browser it probably will on an other. Access to the sd card slot is hidden and a bit tricky which seems odd and the screen is ok but not as crisp as on my wifes Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. It does what I wanted it to and it seems good value. I've only had it for just over a month so I can't really coment on it's reliability.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon selling item as new when clearly wasnt., 24 Jan 2014
C. Jemson (Preston U.K.) - See all my reviews
I returned the item because it clearly wasnt new and I object to buying something that is sold as new without it being new. After a struggle with the seller [who offered me a reduction of 10%] I got my money back. Not one of Amazons best sales.
The Lenovo seemed good but I am not buying second hand as new.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet let down by appalling display/viewing angle, 16 Oct 2013
Dan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Thought this tablet was great, runs like a dream, very responsive, form factor's fine...only problem...the display.

After reading other reviews about the viewing angle being poor I wasn't too put off as I have a scroll excell(great little tablet) with poor viewing angles and am forgiving of tech - I don't need the latest and greatest as long as it does it's job.

Unfortunately, I'm surprised at just how bad this Lenevo's display is (for me at least - seems to be plenty of people that are happy with it - fair enough). This tablet can't be viewed straight/dead on without a darkening to the picture. In other words, the optimum viewing angle is at a 10-15 degrees tilt away from you in landscape. This wouldn't be too bad if one was to only ever use the screen in landscape as this is the angle/tilt you would naturally hold it at. However, the optimum angle (i.e. without any discolouration or brightness/contrast change or washout) is extremely narrow - so much so that even small movements make you aware of it constantly.

The problem is highlighted most in portrait mode. When viewing portrait, the viewing angle is so bad that one eye gets a different colour/tone/brightness than the other(!), giving the effect you're wearing a pair of those old 3d glasses?! You can solve this to some degree by tilting the tablet to the side more than you would naturally want to but this is just unacceptable for me. I've returned the tablet.

The only time this wasn't an issue is when viewing a pdf or book, black on white text. Movement of the tablet here didn't affect a typical page view. This problem does become highlighted with black text on white background if viewing a website as any imagery/graphics highlight the lack of quality in this display.

After going back over some of the other reviews, G. Palmer "gorpalm" sums it up in point 2 of his cons ('what's not so good') for this tab. I had read this before I purchased but presumed it would be okay - as I mentioned already have a 7inch tablet with not great viewing angles, I'm pretty forgiving with tech. I not only read these comments but looked up on the Lenevo Forums and some android forums before purchasing too - plenty of people happy with this tablet which almost makes me wonder if I had a dud. Either that or there are plenty of shills about. I'm surprised at just how many people have found this acceptable.

A shame as on all other points this tablet was great, a little heavy but that's not a problem, which has made me all the more annoyed I've felt it necessary to return!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb performance, fast response, well built, 8 Sep 2013
The IdeaTab is an excellent alternative to the more costly iPads and IPad mini - main benefits include
- performance - the IdeaTab has an excellent processor and is noticeably faster than our IPad from the same internet home set up
- build quality - easily as good as an IPad
- size - with 7" too small and the 10" too large sometimes for plane travel or commuting this is an excellent compromise
- cost - it is amazing value. It does everything that most users would ask of it

Downsides
The screen is perhaps not quite as responsive as the iPad which scrolls more smoothly - but its marginal and not a big deal for most applications

The Android v iPad platform question is another debate and I am not properly qualified to comment - aesthetically iPad has Android easily beaten - the main gripe I have is BBC IPlayer which does not allow downloading in the Android domain.

But that is not Android's fault (!) and if you want a good quality, fast tablet that does not cost a fortune this is the one to go for. Compared to Kindles and other smaller tablets it is amazing value. This is also rated highly on the Which guide which I would also check out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideapad, 18 Aug 2013
Didn't have to wait long after ordering the ideapad for it to arrive. After having an android phone found it very easy to set up, very pleased with it

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 29 May 2013
Pleased with product. Could be a little more user friendly for the none computer user that I would.d class myself.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 | Next ›