Top critical review
18 people found this helpful
Three stars = "It's ok" and that's how I feel about it
on 20 July 2013
I've had this Lenovo for around 3 months now, and am coming to the conclusion that its a reasonable product for noobies to tablets but has a few distracting flaws - bought it impulsively on sight, well you know what they say about acting in haste....
1) Screen size - Not too many 9" options out there, for those who find a 10" screen too big.
2) Value for money
3) Mini hdmi port
4) Expandable memory
5) Reasonable speakers (although rear facing)
6) Solid build and metal construction
What's not so good:
1) Had to do a full reset 2 months in as processor seemed to be slowing to a crawl and screen became quite unresponsive - Am waiting to see if it happens again
2) Viewing angle of screen - It IS odd, there are some blindspots where the screen becomes hazy and frankly unpleasant to view - See photo uploaded. If you're holding it in portrait mode, view angles from the right-side are very poor, and hazy; If you're holding it in landscape mode, you need to tilt the screen away from you slightly - If you hold it perpendicular to your eyes then that hazy effect occurs on a hair-trigger move of the screen.
3) Occasional screen "white-outs" - easily fixed by switching off and restarting but worrying
4) Ok it's not a premium product but interacting with this screen just doesn't have the good 'feel' to it compared to other products in the same price band - Almost a tactile thing, it's so hard to explain, but I've been happy to use my phone, my 7" google tablet, other peoples' 10 inch tablets for hours at a time - The Lenovo, really not so much. Hope I don't sound too much like a delicate princess with a pea problem with this point, I think most people wouldn't notice anything remiss.
5) Minor point - Micro-sd card slot is inconveniently behind a small hard-to-remove, easy-to-break/lose plastic panel (where the speakers and rear-camera are but seems to have no purpose but to cover the card slot).
So overall it's "OK", but if asked not something I'd recommend to friends.