on 21 May 2013
Spent quite a while choosing which tablet to buy and really glad decided on this one - does everything i need it to and at less than half the price of an ipad - which as far as i can tell would do nothing "extra" other than the apple specific apps. In reality i am not conscious if the screen is slightly lower pixels or whatever - it looks pretty good to me and i don't really believe that in every day use anyone would notice the difference. Apparently the quad processor means this is a good buy - i'm no technology epert but have found it very reponsive and quick when internet surfing and also quick for downloads and streaming - excellent!
on 19 April 2013
had a lot of people telling me to go for the google nexus or go for a kindle to get a good affordable tablet to use but i chose this one. took a little while for it to arrive from amazon but well worth the wait. all the reviews i looked at on youtube please dont believe. they go on about poor viewing angles but when i tried it for the first time i was amazed. good sound aswell and quick to load internet. brilliant for games / internet / watching movies and listening to music. battery life is very good and have had no problems with this little bundle of fun. highly recomend getting this tablet if you dont want to join the apple ipad brigade.
on 28 April 2014
The price on this tablet was very good, and for what little I wanted to use it for I thought it would be ideal.

I now use it all the time! The Lenovo Ideapad runs on the Android operating system, but is very intuitive and easy to use. I really liked the 9 inch screen as it's the perfect size for me. I find the 10 inch is a bit too big for my hands, and the screen on a 7 inch tablet is too small. Ran nicely right from the box.

A couple down sides: I have had this for almost a year and half and it's now running very slow. Getting rid of apps hasn't solved the problem so I'm worried this might be a bigger issue. The other issue was that I really struggled to find a case for this when I first bought it and had to go to ebay to find something (which worked out very nicely in the end). I'm not sure if that is still the case.

My partner has an iPad which he has had slightly longer than I have had the Ideapad and it doesn't seem to be having the same problems (but cost significantly more). I do not know if this is an issue for me only or if this is a greater issue, as my phone is about the same age and slowing down a lot as well.

I would still give this 4 stars as the problem is very new (within the last 3-4 weeks), but has been absolutely brilliant up to this point. A great choice if you don't want to shell out loads for a iPad or Galaxy.
on 9 September 2013
Im so glad i bought this tablet it does all the things I wanted it to do. Ive had no problems easy to use, what can i say, dont listen to the bad write ups. if you know what your doing in using the tablet you will be happy. ps I bought a blue tooth beat box speaker, it makes the music a videos sound so great.
on 6 February 2013
I was wary after the reviews I read but am glad I decided to buy. It's a brilliant tablet for the price and the screen is easily up to the job.
on 25 July 2013
The best tablet I've ever had, it's fast, no lag, clear and crisp screen, above-average performance, and battery life is very good. Also has a good set of speakers with good sound quality. If I have to be picky with something I would say the only thing I don't like about the tablet is the set of cameras, a poor front-facing camera of 1.3 megapixels, and a 3 megapixels at the back, but hey, I didn't buy the tablet to take photos, so that's a minor issue for me... I'm very happy with it!

If you are looking for a tablet and not a camera, then this tablet it's perfect for all your needs, from office work, as a reader, to watch videos, play games, and more. Since I have had the tablet, I had an update to android 4.1

Specifications for Lenovo IdeaPad A2109

9.0 inch 16:10, 1280x800 pixel, TN, glossy: yes

Harddisk
16 GB SSD, 16 GB

Connections
1 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, Audio Connections: 3.5 mm, Card Reader: microSD, Sensors: Brightness sensor,

Networking

Additional features
Webcam: 1.3 MP, Speakers: Stereo SRS , 12 Months Warranty

I hope this helps!... Thank you Amazon
on 24 September 2013
I am extremely pleased with my Lenovo tablet. When the tablet arrived I asked my son to set it up for me and sort of "teach" me how to use it. I am a 66 year old woman and although I am used to working with computers, I did need a little hand from my son who is a computer person. At first he was annoyed with me for deciding to buy a tablet without asking him and "was quite sure that I had made the wrong decision etc etc".

After setting up the tablet and using it for a little while he apologised and actually congratulated me for buying such a great tablet. A few days later I found out that he had bought the same tablet for his son.... and to me that says it all.....

I am pleased with it.
on 1 December 2013
My partner was looking for a tablet with a 9-10" screen. I saw this for £145 from Asda Direct. He is delighted with it. Easily connected to my router and doesn't loose wifi signal no matter where in the house. A very good product but a downside is the pre-installed trial Norton Security app (30 days) which is not the current version. There is an option to "renew" but charged at £1.49 per month. The updated version, Norton Mobile Security (12 month subscription), cannot be installed. My partner wants to use the Tablet for internet banking so needs internet security. Had to disable the now expired pre-installed app and download a product from a different company. Now awaiting refund from Norton. Annoying and a lot of hassle.
on 15 August 2013
Does what it should. Noted all the pro's and cons in my search for an affordable tablet and as I am not a teenager looking to flash brand names this product appeared to provide for my needs at the price I am willing to pay. I noted the black spots in the screen as mentioned by others but I noted them when picking up the tablet at an angle I couldn't possibly watch it at so no issue at all with that. I fell asleep with a video on and found that even after about 5 hours of play the battery was still at 67%. All in all I am happy with my purchase and would recommend it to others. I have only given it 4 stars just to be cautious as have only had it a few days; but thus far satisfied.
on 30 August 2014
This is my second lenovo. It's does the job and it.does it well. As for the screen it is not as bad as people say, what are they judging them on? It is ok. The audio is very good, best sounding tablet. Have ever heard. I purchased it as a warehouse deal so effectively used but for 90.00. Nothing can touch this tablet. It's a bit heavy, but with all lenovo product they are built to last, full metal construction. My k1 was dropped from the top of the stairs and it had a small dent. Excellent build. Buy one its worth every penny.