4.7 out of 5 stars14,792
Denomination: 50|Design Name: Christmas Lights|Change
Price:£50.00

on 30 May 2013
I purchased this gift certificate believingit would go straight to the person I purchased it for. Instead, it came to me and i had to forward it a number of times to get it to the correct individual. I'm so annoyed, I have decided that I will never use this process from Amazon again. I'm sure that some smart alec in you office will explain that it was I that made the error, but if the gift card didn't do what I expected, then the process is flawed. Incidently, I was required to input the recipients e-mail and as I say, the gift card came to me. VERY DISAPPOINTED.
on 1 December 2013
The 'upload your own photo' facility simply doesn't work, at least 90% of the time. You browse your files, pick a photo to upload, then it's "There was a problem ..." and it takes you back to Amazon's own naff designs. The message seems to be that they don't really want you to use your own. Sheer stubbornness keeps me plugging away till that 10% window arrives, but it's dispiriting. The thing is, it's been the same for three Christmases running. My connection is slow, but it upoads to Facebook etc OK. Why can't they do something about it?
on 24 July 2013
An ideal way of making sure friends and family get the gift or gifts they would like rather than agonising over what to buy them.

However it was spoilt for me by the inability to correctly process user supplied photos for certificates.

I made two attempts to order a printable gift certificate using my own picture.

On both occasions the certificate I downloaded had no picture at all, it was just a plain A4 certificate which spoilt the whole idea of using your own photo.

I definitely followed the procedure correctly and offered to supply screenshots of the various stages of the purchase.

There is obviously a software failure at the Amazon server.

Both orders had to be refunded and I will wait (more in hope than expectation) to see if they fix the fault before I try once more.
on 30 January 2012
Very quick & easy to order & print a gift certificate. Just what the recipient wanted. Greatly appreciated able to choose the book they wished for.
on 31 December 2011
Idea of this is great. Unfortunately for some reason I could not download and print the voucher. I contacted customer services and they were very helpful, providing me with two options, either a full refund or the voucher code. As I needed it for the next day I opted for the code n this occasion. I am sure it is a setting on our computer that is preventing us from downloading, but even my husband who works in ICT couldn't solve the problem.
on 8 February 2014
Fantastic, easy gift for anyone who loves online purchasing!!! I bought this as a last minute gift and it was pretty much instant! Print it out and you're done!
on 23 February 2013
I must say that I am a fan of the printable version of the Amazon gift card - it has the same advantage of the email version in that there are more price ranges to choose from (the actual gift card only has set amounts), easier to dispose of than the actual gift card and you can write your own message. It is more reliable in terms of delivery than the email version (which I have known to arrive several hours after requesting an email voucher). As long as the receipient is not fussy about presentation (because it doesn't always fit nicely in an envelope), the paper version is perfectly fine.

I will say however, that I only like to buy someone a voucher as a last resort - I like giving presents more. But the Amazon voucher can be used for anything on the website. I normally get a Kindle "Happy Reading" design for someone who likes their Kindle books. Although the voucher is not restricted to Kindle books and accessories, the design at least shows that I have intended the voucher for a specific purpose.

An ideal gift for those people it is a bit difficult to buy for or for those people who like specific items that it is easier for them to choose.
on 22 April 2014
I purchased this as I was looking for an Amazon gift card for a family member at Christmas. I never know what to get for this particular family member, so the best thing for someone who never hints at anything for gifts is to let them choose what to get for themselves.

This card was great, and the opportunity to add a photo made it better. It was displayed along with other Christmas cards in the sitting room.
on 6 August 2014
I love the idea of sending an electronic gift card, but for the life of me I could not work out how to email it to a friend (entering their email address as the recipient etc) I ended up sending it to myself and forwarding it which was less than ideal. Maybe I'm more technologically challenged than I thought, but I'm probably not alone and I have a sense that such basic steps should be far more intuitive.
on 4 October 2013
I was pondering what to get for a friend of mine for her 21st birthday. She's Norwegian but she lives and attends university in London. She has lots of varied interests, so of course I thought "hmm..perhaps some cash?", but like many others I feel like that's a very boring gift, so I went back to pondering the matter. I started browsing Amazon for some books which might interest her, or perhaps a game or something "arts and crafts"-ish, since she's into cosplay, but I still wasn't sure what to get her. Eventually I noticed you could get Amazon gift certificates, and since she's a uni student and therefore naturally falls into the category "poor student" I figured.. why not get her a gift certificate? It can be used either to get something for fun, or something useful! Like uni books! I decided to go for the British Flag-version since she's a huge fan of the UK and everything related to the UK.

And the best part about this certificate? You can print it at home and it looks great! Recommended to everyone who like me often wonders about about what to get someone for their birthday! :)