on 17 December 2013
My little girl loved every chair that she tried in the last months. But mum and dad did a lot of research based on security criteria (lateral impact, frontal impact, etc). We watched a lot of movies (maybe to much :)) and read more than 200 reviews in the last 3 months. The price was also a decision factor but not the most important one. We made a big excel table with the info aout all the non-Isofix car seats on the market wit more than 1+ in ADAC chart. BeSafe iZi Kid X3, Britax Safefix Plus, Maxi Cosi Tobi and Cybex Juno.

BeSafe iZi Kid X3 was a little bit too expensive even thou it performed well in the ADAC tests (youtube), Maxi Cosi had crash issues (on lateral impact) and Cybex Juno 2 was perfect for frontal collision (check "front seat vs rear seat" movies on youtube). We didn't know what to expect from our little girl in a Juno car seat with a safety cushion and we didn't had the chance to test it. So, we decided to go on Britax. Because the SafefixPlus was not at sale anymore, so we switched to King and we are very pleased with our decision (so far). Youtube movies shows a good lateral protection for the head and that matter to us, even if the little one can't see all the the lateral window without bending over. The car seat feats perfectly in a Mazda, Skoda and a Renault Clio and it took me less than 10 minutes/car to fix it.
on 30 January 2016
Have used this car seat for a few years and it works fine. The front padded part of the seat moves forward and you connect the back part as simply as clicking the seat belt in and tightening a bit. Then you push the front part to connect the seat together.

However, there is a bit of a design flaw at actually being able to move the front part of the seat forward in the first place. There are levers, but clicking these on their own doesn't work. You have to pull the front whilst pressing the levers and use a bit of jiggling and strength to get it to come open... it's really not easy to do.

You also have to move a set of wheels inside manually in order to balance the front part, whilst trying to connect the seat belt.

As for safety, it feel secure, but being cheap... how would it stand up to a crash?

I doubt I would buy one of these again as it is just too difficult to get it in and out... but if you are just going to buy it and leave it in, then it is not a bad car seat... average in my opinion.
on 14 April 2014
We already have one of these seats for our two year old and so this was out first choice for our 1 year old. Very easy to install and secure, also very east to take out to move to another seat it another car if needs be. Covers come off easily for washing which is a bonus! Would def recommend. My lg was 1 when she went into it and my lb will be around the same age when he starts to use it.
on 2 January 2014
It can be quite hard to get the straps tight enough, I have to really pull hard to get the straps to tighten a little and even at that unless I keep pulling, there will be room for my girl to work her arms free. It's not a huge issue for me as I am able to manage it but I think an older person such as a grandparent collecting their grandchildren from chreche etc might struggle with it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2014
My 11 month old has been in this seat for a month and absolutely loves it. The seat is sturdy and deep side wings. A little cushion in the fabric for sitting which some other seats don't have. She falls asleep in almost every trip and the recline is nice and easy, pulled from the front. There has never been any crying in the car. She is happy and safe in this seat.
on 16 March 2014
I've bought several products from Römer-Britax and this, as the previous ones, didn't let me down. The quality is amazing and you get the feeling that you're baby is comfortable and safe.
on 22 November 2013
The car seat is wonderful. Soft, comfortable, solid and safe. Our son is 1 year old, sitting with pleasure in it. From the first time he sat - quickly fell asleep. It is true that the car seat weighs a lot, but if you do not need to move it to another car-this is not a problem. Not very satisfied from recline position, but I think that it is enough.
I am happy with the purchase, I paid a pretty low price as I order when it was available.
on 23 January 2014
The installation was very easy and secure. It look and feels very comfortable,
If I had to put one downside is that the recline is somewhat limited.
on 27 March 2014
Fast delivery, The car seat quality is very good and have the option to pull back to help the child sleep more comfortable.
I highly recommend it!
on 22 March 2016
This is a good product, but we had two and the foam around the back of the head did get away on both! so not sure if I would purchase again.