4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Accomplished Debut
I've been keen to listen to Tom Odell' debut album since he won the Critics' Choice award at the BRIT Awards. The wait was worth it, as this is a good album, with some great tracks. Such is the strength of this album that you could imagine any of these songs being played on the radio.
The opening track 'Grow Old With Me' is very typical of the feel that is being...
Published 19 months ago by Sprootie

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen to
A lot of music critics where giving this great reviews so I purchased being curious and wanting to expand the musicians that I llisten to!
Not impressed on first listening but gave it a few more plays and it begins to grow on the listener. someone to watch for the future
Published 7 months ago by Mr. B. P. Fitzpatrick

‹ Previous | 114 15 1624 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Album, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful, soulful and engaging album. It grows on you with each listen. Will be interesting to see if he can continue to innovate as there are a lot of male singer song writers out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Odell...top man!, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Everything I have heard from Tom Odell I have loved, and this album is no exception. He is brilliant! Recommended listening...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Young singer song writer, 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
Excellent debut album from Tom Odell and I look forward to hearing much more from him in the future. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
Such a brilliant album, so great I have tickets for his tour in october!!!! Would reccomend it to any age!!! WELL DONE TOM ODELL!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Songs, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
A great cd full of memorable tunes with meaningful words.
I would recommend this cd, which is amazing for a debut album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 31 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
Cracking, cracking album, full of high points. It builds to a magnificent climax with "Sirens."

Reminds me a bit of Anthony & the Johnsons.

Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars I've fallen in love with piano all over again, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
I heard the songs that everyone has heard on the radio recently - 'Can't Pretend' and 'Another Love', and these are brilliant, but I implore you to listen to the hidden gems of this album. 'I Know' and the title track, 'Long Way Down', are pieces which I sincerely hope get the recognition they deserve, The tracks are quite samey, but I've found this with a lot of modern albums, albums in general actually, but it's no bad thing. Tracks on an album should fit together like a puzzle, flow, tell a story across the duration of that album. If you're in the mood for music by a certain artist, then a samey album is a very lovely thing indeed.

I found the album to have a raw quality which was just beautifully endearing. Some songs are catchier than others, some you will appreicate straight away, but as with a lot of music, the best songs are the ones you have to gnaw at first. 'Sirens' and 'Til I Lost' caused me to catch my breath and listen so deeply that I lost track of where I was in a daze. There is a feeling of timelessness that you just don't see enough of in music these days.

I do recommend this album, if you love piano, appreciate raw, natural talent, or even want to see what all the fuss is about - this man is just 22. Also, check out the omitted song - 'Stay with Me'... one of Odell's best in my opinion, and should have been included on the record.

5.0 out of 5 stars RETRO POP, 24 Aug. 2013
LIKE IT A LOT - A NEW ARTIST WITH A TRADITIONAL ROCK CONTENT;A GOOD ALBUM FOR ALL AGES.
GO AND BY IT

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good I Like Every Track!, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
Really love this album, I'd heard Can't Pretend and Another Love and then saw him this summer at Boardmasters in Newquay, then bought the CD on the strength of that. Several reviews have mentioned Coldplay but I don't really get that from it, he reminds me more of Ben Folds with the slightly unpolished production and lots of piano and drums. I bought the deluxe version which only costs a little bit more and has 5 extra tracks on. I can honestly say there isn't a track that I don't like; I Know, Sense (with the glorious humming!) and Till I Lost are my current favourites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds great, 19 Aug. 2013
I've only had chance to listen to this album once all the way through. Sounds good but will need a few more listens.

‹ Previous | 114 15 1624 | Next ›

Long Way Down
Long Way Down by Tom Odell (Audio CD - 2013)