Great graphics, great single player campaign and even greater multiplayer gameplay.Only Killzone Shadow Fall for PS4 looks even better (Killzone 3, critics said that single player story was not as great as Killzone 2, but still a great game)
Published 15 months ago by Francisco Miguel Mendonça

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Had fun playing this, but found it a bit dark which put a strain on my eyes. Reasonable first person shooter.
Published 9 months ago by EEEE

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 8 Feb 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but has many issues, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Killzone 2: PlayStation 3 Essentials (PS3) (Video Game)
I have recently purchased a PS3 and had heard how good the Killzone games are. I am very disappointed in this game. The graphics look nice but after that it is all bad.

Firstly the controls are all over the place as if your character has drunk a whole bottle of vodka!

Secondly several times I thought the game had crashed only to realise that it was just terrible loading points.

Thirdly the story was weak. At no time did I care about my character.

I would not recommend this product even though it is now cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally the Killzone that really shows great graphics for real !, 2 Sep 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm..., 9 Aug 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Killzone 2: PlayStation 3 Essentials (PS3) (Video Game)
Well, it's not the original Killzone, that's for sure. This one has failed to draw me in, and I will look to sell. Ok, it has good graphics and AI, but that's not enough. The storyline and characters are lacking, and not a patch on the first Killzone. Same story for the locations: that was something I loved in the first, jungles here, beaches there, etc etc. Here its all set in drab cities, as far as I have got anyway. The weapons are pretty boring too. A few machine guns and pistols, that's about it. A few hours and frankly I've had enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 27 Mar 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Killzone 2: PlayStation 3 Essentials (PS3) (Video Game)
While I was part of the minority who thoroughly enjoyed the first Killzone, I have to say that Killzone 2 is a major leap forward for the franchise. Guerrilla has taken their FPS & made it a gritty, visceral experience that gave me an honest sensation of uneasiness about entering its fields of combat (yes, I almost felt afraid to enter the game it immersed me that much). They have achieved this not only with incredible graphics & environmental detail (from lingering dust in the air & your rifle scope after close explosions to rebar seen under bullet shattered concrete pillars), but they have succeeded in fleshing out the Helgast enemies. They are no longer just the 2 dimensional cardboard cutouts that pop out in fixed locations for me to shoot. From the opening speech of Helghast leader, Emperor Visari (again masterfully portrayed by Brian Cox) I knew this wasn't going to be any ordinary arcade shooter. Guerrilla has given us an enemy as tenacious & fanatical about fighting off invaders of their homeland as the SS was in the later days of World War II. They run & duck under cover when shot at and they cry out in pain when shot. The have become actual characters for me to know & fear. People who have long forsaken any diplomacy (I say people because I felt like I was fighting people, unlike other games such as COD4 online, while a superior game, still felt more like a game of tag) Alas, there is a little bit on the down side. Some of the in game dialogue did get a bit repetitive (Nice shot! yadda yadda) & somewhat juvenile. But even that wasn't enough for me to drop the score down a whole point. This is a game that deserve every one of its five stars from Playstation Magazine. To me, well worth the new release price.

Killzone 2: PlayStation 3 Essentials (PS3)
Killzone 2: PlayStation 3 Essentials (PS3) by Sony Computer Entertainment UK (PlayStation 3)