4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good album - but it's far from perfection. I'd recommend a listen online before buying though
I'll start by saying that I know an awful lot of people have slated this album, criticising the change of style and the lack of effort put in (apparently didn't go into the studio with any written material at all). In this regard, I can see why people are frustrated, I am too - because if this is what they can do with little effort, then with more time, and respect...
Published on 12 Feb. 2013 by Mr. M. Rix

2.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Naughty
Back in 2004 when I first saw Hand of Blood on Scuzz TV, I was excited. I was excited about this band and I was excited to watch them grow. The first time I saw them they were supporting Funeral for a Friend in 2005, months before the release of their debut LP, The Poison which remains one of the finest metal albums of the 2000s.

When Scream Aim Fire was...
Published on 28 Mar. 2013 by ...

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 14 Feb. 2014
Love the band
love the cd
quick delivery and in great condition
the extra live trakcs are incredible well worth your money

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
This album is Amazing a definite must for any Bullet for my Valentine fans. The boys have produced another amazing album a definite must have

5.0 out of 5 stars BFMV, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
Friggin' love this CD. Am intensely glad I bought it. Have been a fan for a while and it appears Bullet can do no wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sell by date? Unlimited!, 21 Sept. 2013
Another YouTube discovery...Welsh metal band Bullet For My Valentine blasting out the AC/DC classic on Radio One's Live Lounge. The guys from Bridgend really do this 1977 number justice, no quarter given in this blisteringly full-on version. The smiles on the video reveal just how much they are enjoying a good old fashioned down home kick-ass rocker, "Rosie" isn't sophisticated, just great fun to play and to listen to. The band play really tight, everything is bang on, I'm sure Bon Scott would approve. Play it loud and "Come on Great Britain, bang your heads!!"

2.0 out of 5 stars A manifestation of BFMV's sell out side - From a true Bullet fan, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I love a lot of BFMV's songs, but there are plenty that I hate. I thought the way they left Ashes of the Innocent out of their "Scream Aim Fire" album as a bonus song, and made Scream Aim Fire the feature song, spoke for itself.

They have the talent to make fantastic metal music, but they seem to want to draw attention to their more generic MTV/Radio friendly songs. They have the ability, but their prime motive is to make what they think will appeal to the mainstream crowd.

This album lacks any sort of punch. I wasn't, at any point, feeling what I felt when listening to other Bullet albums.

I'm not going to review each track, but just to say that I'm thoroughly disappointed with this album. Matt Tucker's hair loss is a symbol of the loss of passion they ever had for making music. Now it's all about money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Temper Temper - DELUXE VERSION, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
My opinions on the songs as I listen to them.

Breaking Point - I actually quite like this sing. It's not as heavy as I thought it might be, but I personally don't mind. Not the most original lyrics though.

Truth Hurts - A bit slower than the previous song. Not bad, but not great. It's not very catchy, unfortunately.

Temper Temper - Since it's the album's title, I expected it to be one of the better songs. Again, it's not incredibly catchy on the whole, but I enjoyed the chorus.

P.O.W. - It starts quite slow, which surprised me. It might grow on me, but as for first impressions I've not hugely impressed.

Dirty Little Secret - See above.

Leech - The lyrics in the opening verse are terrible if you ask me. Actually... I don't really like the lyrics at all in this song. Not going to listen to this one again.

Dead to the World - Another slow one. Don't like this one either.

Riot - Yay a faster one! Just. I like the guitar; the lyrics aren't great again, but this one will probably grow on me too.

Saints & Sinners - See 'Truth Hurts'.

Tears Don't Fall part 2 - Since the first part isn't one of my favourite songs, I wasn't expecting this to be great. I can hear the similarities with the first one in the guitar, so it's not a bad song I don't think. Just not for me.

Livin' Life (on the edge of a knife) - Slow-ish again, but I could see myself liking this one. Wish it was a bit faster though.

Not Invincible - Definitely one of the best songs on the album - it's catchy (like most of their upbeat songs). I think the lyrics are better here.

Whole Lotta Rosie - I'll admit, I've never heard the AC/DC original, so I can't compare. However, this song certainly isn't for me. I don't like it at all.

Scream Aim Fire (Live at BBC Radio One) - It's a live version of one of their good songs. If you like live songs, you might like this. I don't.

On the whole, it's a slower album than normal. Nothing really stands out to me. The lyrics are dull and the songs repetitive. Not Invincible is probably the best song - shame it's only on the deluxe version. I'm not prepared to pay £9 for this though. I might get it second-hand one day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hugely disappointing., 10 May 2013
This review is from: Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I've loved BFMV since their beginning. Since their original BFMV EP I've seen them live 3 times and loved the first 2 albums. The 3rd Fever, was ok, it was still BFMV but felt a little 'pop' and cheesy, the hard riffs and solos were still there and so it was acceptable.

This album however is a huge disappointment and I have to say I was/am pretty gutted about it. It sounds like they've completely run out of lyrics, really struggling to think of anything clever and just stumped for what ever they could make rhyme and in many cases not even bothered to try and do that. I've heard better lyrics on the crud in the charts at the moment.

It made me have to listen back to the last 3 albums to make sure that they did indeed used to have 'it', and they certainly did! But here, it seems they have lost it. Sad times BFMV.

5.0 out of 5 stars music, 17 April 2013
This review is from: Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
My son;s favourite band so he was absolutely delighted with this. Excellent delivery and well worth the money. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 28 May 2013
Another great album from BMFV

Eventhough I have read several reviews of this album being softer than before, I bought it without questioning it, because the core enjoyment of BFMV for me is the attitude, the crisp music and the great vocals mixed into great tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!!, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
I find this album very easy to listen to. All songs very very good. Each track had it's own unique BFMV brilliance to it.
Another great album to my collection.
Don't hesitate getting this album.
Get it, you'll love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Temper Temper (Deluxe Version)
Temper Temper (Deluxe Version) by Bullet for My Valentine (Audio CD - 2013)