5.0 out of 5 stars A whole new take on travel literature
Jamie Alexander has managed to write a book that made me want to both hide and go exploring! The way he descibes his encounters is vivid and enlightening, and above all shows the humility a Westerner needs in the big bad world. A fantastic read, and you could probably put it down as educational as well.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great adventures and well written
I did enjoy this book but found it a bit disjointed. It isn't my favourite but, hey, who am I to talk. I am glad to read all the really good reviews and to see Jamie has changed many people's perspectives.
Published 19 months ago by Cocodemer

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole new take on travel literature, 29 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
It's all been said. A brilliant book. Incredibly well written. I couldn't put it down. Jamie Alexander is a born writer. His word pictures are as wonderful as the photos on his website. I feel so much better informed about those parts of the world that I will probably never visit. His understanding of the political situations in which he found himself belie his young age and he always had fun. Carry on travelling and writing Jamie

5.0 out of 5 stars one of those books..., 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
...that you just can't put down. Someone pops up out of nowhere and recommends it. And you think, I have a million and one other books on my "really should get round to reading these books" list. I don't know why but for some reason this one shot straight to the top. Real, honest, well written. An all round great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 12 Dec 2012
I read this book when I was meant to be writing my first assignment in my teacher training... This probably was not the best time to do this in hindsight, as not only could I not put it down, I now want to go travelling again and I still have 8 months of solid university left til I get my qualification!!!

This book is captivating, it grips you in Jamie's travels and makes you eager to see where he is off to next. This is not what you would expect to read from an early twenties travel story, he not only goes where others do not, he risks his life while doing it. If you love to travel and enjoy stories about different cultures and lifestyle then this book is definitely for you!

Absolutely brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book a great deal,it was hard to put down.It gave a good insight into the not so popular touristy parts of the world. What a brave young man to embark on such off the beaten track travels.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant travel book, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
Read this book whilst on holiday in Morocco. Very thought provoking and deep at times with a wicked sense of humour. Makes you think about the world around us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere like home, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
Excellent read. Interesting facts and details on places across the globe that'd I'd barely heard of before but would now love to visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not normal travel book, 6 Jan 2013
Katy (Essex, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
Very powerful insight into why people travel and a disillusion with the western lifestyle. Not what i expected but well worth the read. Brilliant critique of neo liberalism.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, 6 Jan 2013
C. Halshaw - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
I can't recommend this book enough! The author is fantastic at describing his experiences and thoughts and I couldn't put this down once I'd started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Travelogue, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nowhere Like Home (Kindle Edition)
This is a wonderful book recounting a young man's enviable adventures and learnings of the world. Highly recommended, I hope there's more on the way!

Nowhere Like Home