5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the characterisation is excellent, which makes for a family saga you can get lost in.
It switches between wartime and present day, which gives more depth and I thought the period detail was well done. I was sad to finish it!
Published 20 months ago by jessica in darwin

3.0 out of 5 stars good holiday read
Having bought this because I frequenly visit Ibiza, where the story is set, it was disappointing to find some inaccuracies in descriptions of the island.
Published 15 months ago by Elaine Winter

3.0 out of 5 stars good holiday read, 15 April 2013
Elaine Winter - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read..!, 2 April 2013
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
I found "A Sister for Margot" thoroughly absorbing. The story had all the elements to keep me gripped: family saga over three generations; wartime background; strong characters; different locations and a mystery in the background that ties the story together. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I shall definitely be looking out for Emma Clark Lam's next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this author's debut novel. I found myself immersed in the lives of the different characters very quickly and then could not put the book (Kindle!) down. I particularly enjoyed the Ibiza scenes and the World War 2 sections had clearly been well researched. I look forward to Emma Clark Lam's next novel.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really liked it, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
Easy to get into, maintained my interest, and a good twist at the end. I struggled a bit keeping up with the relationships of the various characters but that's probably because I'm male. I'll definitely read the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A romantic novel with a twist, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
A very well written book following the lives of three generations of the same family and how they interlinked. I couldn't put it down and the ending was a surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific debut novel, 10 Jan 2013
Fitzy (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
A terrific Christmas holiday read (finished in 2 days flat) - a real page turner. I particularly loved the wartime sections and how these were interwoven with the modern settings. Intelligently plotted, engrossing period detail, and thoughtfully portrayed characters (I especially liked 'Gramps', Bella and Margot). Sibling tension, expat life and the tenseness of families with secrets is evocatively played out in Ibiza and England. If this was available as a paperback I would be discussing it at my next book club meeting - I will thoroughly recommend it to those who have a Kindle!

4.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good read, 8 Jan 2013
hairyZA (London, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
Although I kind of guessed part of how things would resolve themselves by the end if the book, I did find the characters totally believable and sympathetic.
I also enjoyed the plot and the jumps backwards and forwards in time between present day and the second world war as a way of gradually unfolding events and resolving situations.
I would recommend this book as a good holiday read and would happily try anything else written by Emma Clark Lam

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
Loved the story, in particular the depth of each and every character. Great observation and details which really brought the story alive! Looking forward to next novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating story, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. The plot was complex and I had to concentrate to remember how all the characters were connected (perhaps I am getting old…), but that made it all the more interesting, given its many layers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Page Turner, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Sister for Margot (Kindle Edition)
This was such an enjoyable read and the quality of the writing was what made it so. I could not put it down as the plot was so meaty with so many twists and turns. I am looking forward to Emma's next book as it is so good to find a new author with such talent.

A Sister for Margot