5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic
Published 18 months ago by tharding

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in its genre
I had high hopes buying this book - the title goes straight to the heart of the overeater but unfortunately, for me, it lost all credibility within the first few chapters. For a start, at the end of every couple of pages the author reiterates the title of the book,'Why do you overeat when all you want is to be slim?'. What is the purpose of this? To brainwash me...
Published on 22 Aug 2009 by Zola fan

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 13 Jun 2013
I have no words to describe the content of this wonderful book....because is so true and we read it over and over again and still learn new things everytime. My husband wanted to loose weight but diets have been a problem.He tried all sorts but like all diets, and although he is a keen runner it did not work very well....the middle bit is always very reluctant to go....middle age spread, whatever you call it...is simply depressing and not very flatering really! One day he read, in the Sun newspaper an article about someone in the same situation. I treated him to this book and it was the end of the extra flab!!!!!He lost 26lbs in 3 months, without starving and counting calories and without DIETING at all!.....and although I was ideal weight and size 8/10, size I lost 12 lbs and gain my waist back which it was expanding rapidly...NO MORE UNDOING THE JEANS BUTTON AFTER A MEAL... This is is not a diet book but teaches you to follow "a different approach to food" where you combine the right foods which works wonders. Not just you shed the pounds away, without realizing, but you regain your energy and health as you will be eating healthier in a regular basis.If anybody wants to loose weight, without diets just get this book and follow it and the extra pouds will fly away...and once you get into your ideal weight it will remain as long as you don't go back to your old habits very often. I can't recommend it highly enough. I do tell my customers about it, as I do have a ladies fashion business and "the middle age spread" is always the topic, and some of my customers are also extemely pleased with the results after they follow it....the recipe book is also great to compliment it, and a lot of the recipes are very tasty....but you soon learn how to create your own recipes with no effort.Hope my review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! The answer to your prayers!, 11 Dec 2012
Mrs. Lucy Piper (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Why Do You Overeat? When All You Want Is To Be Slim (Kindle Edition)
I have followed the Harcombe way of eating for a couple of years now, so I know it works (i now have a bmi of 20 thank you Zoe!)

I loved this book though as it deals with a lot of the emotional side of eating and talks about habits and conditioning.

It has all the info you need to change your life!

Give it a go you have nothing to lose but the wight!

5.0 out of 5 stars So clear and logical - Who needs another diet!, 11 Dec 2012
I have been following The Harcombe Diet for almost 3 years now.

I lost 43lbs in 9 months and have maintained a healthy weight for the last 2 years+

This book brilliantly and conversationally explains the hurdles to weight-loss and what you can do to overcome them. I have read this book a couple of times now and it has really cemented why I eat this way.

The book explains the science of why we overeat in a very accessible way and manages to do this without watering down the message

Very highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing way to eat, 10 Mar 2014
I stumbled across this book after seeing an allergist about chronic rhinitis who told me a more 'draconian' eating plan might be the way forward.

This way of eating has changed my life. I will be three weeks on plan tomorrow (10/03/14). Without trying to lose weight (but I did need to), I lost 8lb in the first week and then steady 2lbs a week taking me to a total of 12lb in 3wks.

My weight no longer fluctuates, I no longer have daily debilitating fatigue, my IBS problems are no more and my constant sneezing which previously required strong daily medication has only needed about 3 tablets over 3 weeks instead of 42!!!!

I'm seeing my allergist for patch testing next week but thanks to this eating plan I think I've narrowed down the triggers myself.

I am never hungry in between meals and have since bought the recipe book, worth every penny. My hubby and three year old daughter are loving it too. Who wouldn't love coconut curry, parsnip chips, Greek yoghurt with fresh fruit. I also find it impossible to over eat in this.

I see this as a lifestyle change for my family and I. Thank you Zoe for being so thorough and helping me understand so easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars changed my life!, 2 May 2013
this book honestly has changed my life! i have lose 2 stone in around 3 months and i look and feel fantastic, never again am i going to have to worry about weight problems, because this diet is so easy! because i no longer get food cravings, cant reccomend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 3 April 2013
Helped me a lot to lose weight , recommend it to everyone , after trying nearly every diet going , this eorks .

5.0 out of 5 stars The value of understanding your most basic activity, 11 Mar 2013
I am not overweight, or looking to lose any weight, but I found this book fabulous.

For me, it was fascinating to finally learn how my body uses the different food I put in it. Zoe has worked hard to distil the truth from a tangle of mixed messages, and explains it in a very understandable way.

The value for me in this book is in the awareness it brought me. We eat so much food made by other people, not knowing what's in it, that it's so wonder we can lose control over what it does to us.

This isn't an eating plan really (as I can't stand these), but rather it's helping eating education and advice. It showed me how I can tell myself stories that aren't true - in this case that I am at the peak of my health. I thought I was very healthy, but I was startled at the effect was on me of only eating "real food". First I felt dizzy and weak, despite eating plenty of good food. Then when that passed (after a few days), I felt fresher than ever, lighter in my head and mood, and much more conscious and deliberate about what I put in myself.

Thank you Zoe - this is valuable for anyone who eats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think !!, 18 Jan 2013
I read this book as a last ditch attempt to understand why I ate the way I did. I found the book to be very informative and written in an easy way to understand, even though there was a little technical jargon included I didn't feel that it was written in a patronising way. By the time I had finished the book I really felt I had read a book that finally understood my problem and taught me what I needed to do to alter my life. Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 7 Jun 2014
interesting and makes sense, flying in face of what we have been told for healthy eating. sugar is the evil food and carbs high in sugar . modern wheat that makes our bread releases energy in form of sugar fastest so you get sugar highs. what goes up must come down and you get sugar lows and hunger pains. Aim to get even sugar levels and you feel better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 6 April 2013
Saw this as a book review and it didn't disappoint. Easy to read and easy to follow instructions . Now just need to put the theory into practice