4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 27 Dec 2013
This book is set out in a no nonsense language and covers all the areas required to promote your own band. To a degree it requires bands / publisists to emotionally disengage from the music and the process as a way of selling the music. I'm not deterimned to gain World recognition and domination for my music but this book gives enough tips and tricks to get a bit of a buzz going locally as well as more widely.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dog's B*llox!, 13 May 2013
Sat on a beach in Cape Verde reading this and taking notes on my Nexus of the myriad of innovative tips on offer in this exciting book for one of my (Ruby Satellite) Bands, Joe Symes & The Loving Kind, an original five-piece acoustic rock outfit from The City That Rocked The World!
Today, Liverpool, tomorrow the World - thanks for your marketing genius!
Phil Calland / rubysatellite@hotmail.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand and well worth reading!, 6 May 2013
Nina (Newport Pagnell, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Band Is A Virus - Expanded Edition (Kindle Edition)
I can highly recommend this book if you are wanting ideas on how to promote your music and the work involved.
I was looking for a book that would help me understand what marketing options are available for an independent artist. I am a singer/songwriter just starting out, a bit of a chocolate tea pot yet I have found it easy to understand and motivating.
Lots of ideas to put an action plan in place, then you got to work your socks off!
Good luck reaching for your star where anything is possible on planet Earth, a bit of research and knowledge goes a long way so happy reading!
Nina Santini :0)

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 8 Jan 2013
I'm always somewhat hesitant going into any kind of online marketing, music promotion or e-commerce books but I had heard a lot about "Your Band is a Virus" so I gave it a try. I'm glad I did. Besides the expected and necessary stuff about how to reach out to press, present yourself and so forth, it delivers on it's promise of "outside the box" information. The 'build a freelance army' info is something I never would have thought of, and I believe it would work extremely well. There's probably hundreds of clickable resources so I could practice as I read. The way it's written, too, won't infuriate musicians because it skips the promotional language and dogma, instead going for the no nonsense, casual and humorous style. I'd say this book could be a big help to any creative person or small business, and the industry interviews are quite good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Your Band Is A Virus - Expanded Edition (Kindle Edition)
Your Band Is A Virus, is a highly informative well written and researched book for anyone in a band wanting to promote to masses and make a true name for themselves. The book shows numerous great marketing strategies and exactly how best to make them work for you.