5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely recommended to anyone!!, 15 Dec 2012
Extremely well-written and illustrated! A must-read for anyone interested in understanding the way our world functions. I was amazed at how it was able to present such a complex subject in such a simple intuitive and most importantly objective way. Easy to read.
These days it is critical that people become aware of the logic behind it since it basically governs our lives and restricts individuals in so many ways. And that logic is frightingly simple...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simply explained, 15 Dec 2012
R. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This would be good for someone who has no idea how economics works. But even through I knew more than most people, I picked up a bit of interesting history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 13 Nov 2012
E. Pollock (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I've dabbled with the idea of reading more about economics for years now. I find it a fascinating topic and one that is rarely understood with any real depth without having studied it.

There are many academic style text books out there, as well as a great deal of more accessible books (Tim Harford / Steven D. Levitt etc.) but all of them with a personal skew, selective arguments and presentations dependent on the author's particular bent. This book, or comic should I say, is an entirely different thing. I admit I have not yet finished it but I am thoroughly enjoying its concise yet thorough introduction to the 'dismal science'. It's a wonderfully comprehensive introduction to the basics of how money operates in western society, as well as a very effective political history where Western Europe and the USA is concerned. Adam Smith is well referenced, as are Marx and Engels in their quest for a very different, if largely unrealised kind of system and the twists and turns all of these different models take over subsequent decades and centuries even.

The book may be presented in comic form, but this only goes to tighten its impact and simplify the ease with which the reader can grasp the main concepts. It is easy to refresh on a topic as the subjects covered are well presented in bite size form, with constant reference to past topics already covered to help preserve a constant understanding of the models' development over many many years.

The author wisely reminds us from the off that he is merely presenting the different ideas here - without necessarily pushing in any one direction. This is very important as it becomes clear throughout that very few economic theorists have actually been successful in predicting the long term movement and impact of various monetary policies in the real world. This surely makes the public understanding of these issues even more urgent.

I heartily recommend this book to anyone remotely interested in how money operates on a global, national or local scale. I should also note that I have recently found a new comic presentation of the recent history of social security in the USA which is equally fascinating and can be found at the book's website.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for everyone, 8 Oct 2012
N. Dimou (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This was the first book I've read on the subject and it was wonderful. It looks perfect for beginners.

The chosen medium (comics instead of raw text) was amazingly good for the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is amazing!!, 19 Aug 2014
This book is amazing!!! It is super accessible - all the ideas are beautifully drawn out for you before your eyes in a very simple, straightforward manner. It takes a historical perspective and explains how these complicated systems have developed in response to, and building on, previous existing systems. I have recommended this book to everyone I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars understanding, 1 Feb 2014
A brilliant, objective summing up of an overwhelmingly vast subject, with clever, witty, explicative illustrations and cleat, concise texts. A great help to me

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!, 3 Jan 2014
Dr. N. Popovic (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Economix: How and Why Our Economy Works (and Doesn't Work), in Words and Pictures (Kindle Edition)
I was in two minds about buying a comic book on Economy and Economics and I am soooo glad I did! It is simply brilliant! I will be buying another two copies - I don't know yet for whom, but I am sure I will find somebody :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 1 Jan 2014
A. D. Thacker (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic work about the history of economics. Loved this book. Expect to read it many times. Deserves much more success

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Important Comic Ever Made, 8 Oct 2013
C. B. Shread "CBS" (Devon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This comic charts the incredible true story of modern society. Michael Goodwin has created a masterwork of education, you will learn so much, you will laugh, you will be shocked and you will be so thankful that you ever bothered reading a comic about economics. My friend downloaded this for free from a torrent site and has since become an evangelist of it, carrying a usb stick wherever he goes to give it to people; he demanded I read it because it was the best thing he had ever read, and I got a free copy. I haven't even finished it yet and I feel compelled to buy a hard copy so I can feel it and share it with friends and family, and keep it on my mantlepiece as a bastion of knowledge and understanding. Viva La Education Revolution!...

I've built this up way too much. Actually it's crap, don't bother buying it, just download it for free somewhere else if you must ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and food for thought, 23 April 2013
The book is written in a very easy way making concepts that seem complicated easy to understand. It' s a very good start to get a broad idea of the history of the global economy and gives incentives for more reading for everyone that wants to. A definite recommendation for everyone!!