5.0 out of 5 stars Great All in One Touch Screen
Published 13 months ago by Huw Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Windows 8
Published 10 months ago by AdamB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great All in One Touch Screen, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Samsung DP500A2A 21.5 inch Touchscreen All-in-One PC (Intel Core i5 3470T 2.9GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Professional) (Personal Computers)
I was initially concerned about all the negative press for Windows 8 when considering getting a new PC. However this elegant All-in-One is what Windows 8 was designed for. It's a fabulous experience and you have to use the touchscreen to get the most out of the device. It performs as good as it looks and the only difficulty is the length of time it takes to get Windows 8 set up from scratch, although it is fairly straight forward to get it done but when complete it's worth it.
Pros: aesthetic looks, great wireless mouse and keypad (that fits nicely beneath the stand when not in use), responsive touch screen, brilliant ease of use once set up. Price: I paid just under 700 for i5, 2.GHz, Windows 8 Pro with 4GB RAM. That's the same as a MS Surface Pro with better key pad and much bigger touch screen (OK but it isn't a tablet). The amount of space it has freed up from having fewer wires and no workstation is a huge plus too
Cons: The price seems to have gone up to 835 since I purchased it?? Sound from the speakers isn't brilliant (better through earphones)
If you have a conventional PC and want to fast forward to a much better PC experience get this one. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with SAmsung all in one, 19 May 2013
I am still getting used to using the Samsung but that is more to do with the Windows 8 software which is taking a lot of getting used to. The computer looks great and is very tidy, only one cable for power or 2 if you use a cable instead of wifi for internet. I am impressed how stable it is on its legs, which are a nice retro look, as I thought it might be a bit wobbley but it is very solid on its legs and you can tilt the screen to improve viewing angle. So far we have not found anything negative about the computer and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars early days but liking it so far., 12 Oct 2013
This is a sturdy all-in-one pc . the touch screen is responsive although I haven't really explored the hand gesture interface yet. Still getting used to not having to close applications and other new stuff with Win8. Still like to go to desktop and see where all my stuff is.
As for buying from Amazon - no problems at all- delivered in good time to rural Ireland. Overall very pleased with purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great All In One, 20 Nov 2013
I was in need of an update to a 7yr old computer, but was cautious of the 'trend' for the All In One Touchscreen until there was a good selection and number to chose from.. Eventually after Days\Weeks\Months of research and price comparisons I opted for this one...

And I am Very Glad I did..!

We've had this just over two weeks and everything is working fantastically. If you are not computer savvy the 'From the box' settings are absolutely fine for starting and exploring Win 8. (Remember to update to 8.1 though). It is intuitive, simple, Fast and packed full of features...

As I am a bit of computer wiz, I wanted more form my windows and after two days of fiddling and frustration Win 8 is now running exactly as I like... (8.1 update removes Norton.. hooray)

The Pc is fast,
The touchscreen is responsive, sharp and bright,
The gesture control is actually more useful than I thought it would be,
The Camera is a bit on the poor side, you need ALLOT of light for Skype calls and such,
The sound is good,
Samsung is a name I trust and my other Samsung gadgets all sync with this easily..
The Samsung 'Support' and features are useful and do not bloat the system at all..

I bought this while on 'Offer', watch the prices as you don't want to be paying anything over 700, there are other higher spec systems out there for that...

Does everything a computer should do and then some... Great All In One.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Windows 8, 1 Nov 2013
Get used to seeing the rotating swirly pattern as your brand new i5 computer pauses for yet another minute whilst it decides what to do next. Something is very, very wrong with this system. I am hoping that installing the 125 updates and the Windows 8.1 upgrade will make this into a usable computer, but at the moment I wish I had stuck with my 4 year old Windows 7 Acer with a Dual-core processor as it is much, much more responsive. I am told that other Windows 8 users do not have this problem, so maybe I am unlucky, but this system is really awful at the moment. P.S. I work in IT.

Things have improved since Windows 8.1 upgrade and all updates have now been applied. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the computer as such.

4.0 out of 5 stars PC Station for work, 7 Nov 2013
nice unit - tidy space saver, so far a good fast and reliable unit, watch out apple & old style PC

4.0 out of 5 stars New toy, 27 Mar 2014
I like the touch screen and clear monitor. I am still finding things that surprise me, and it is full of apps, something for everyone. I have had trouble with setting up accounts with passwords etc, probably because I am not very tech-savvy. That said, I'm well pleased so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC!, 7 Mar 2014
This is the best computer I have had, simple to set up and once you get used to windows 8 it performs above expectations. you will need to download windows 8.1 but this does not seem to be a problem for this all in one computer. Samsung seem to have got it right on this one. I have used it now for about a month and can't fault it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 5 Feb 2014
I love my computer! This is a beautiful piece of equipment. I may not be as technical as others who have reviewed this product before, but it suits all my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant buy, 15 Jan 2014
Love samsung they just keep getting better and better and the after service is second to none, however windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to