4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read
As title of review says an enjoyable book and I dont even cycle ! Makes you want to buy a bike
Published 22 months ago by Mrs. Victoria M. T. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderately entertaining
Published 7 months ago by Gareth Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: I will stand in my house forever - Lands End to John O'Groats cycle ride (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonkers..., 7 May 2014
Love this book, quirky sense of humour, very funny, but also very real tale of a long long bike ride and the nonsense that goes on inside the head of a long distance cyclist!

4.0 out of 5 stars Original, 8 Dec 2013
There are lots of books out there about the cycling from one end of the country to the other. This one however, is original, funny and well worth the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 4 Dec 2013
The title of the book is quite random but then so is the author, in a good way. I really enjoyed this book and have since purchased Chris's next book as I like his witty style of writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A laugh aloud read., 29 Nov 2013
For anybody who enjoys touring by bike this book will tell you nothing you do not already know about the highs and lows of such adventures, but Chris`s dry humour will having you laughing out loud. Furthermore it may well inspire you to ensure that really do get more from life, but probably not by doing lejog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for anyone thinking of the end to end, 1 Oct 2013
The book gave a good summary of what it is like to complete the end to end interspersed with plenty of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 11 Sep 2013
I just couldn't put down it was funny and interesting. I would recommend it anyone who is thinking of doing end to end or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed Until Cried, 16 Jun 2013
I bought this book for my wife as she is going to do Lands End to John O Groats. She wasn't sure what this book would be like, and she wasn't keen on the bike buddy name initially....but all I can say is those concerns were very short lived. This book was a fantastic read, well written, funny, realistic but also a hint of stretched truth at times....but no matter what she loved it. She was literally crying while reading it, and she is now very sad that she has finished it! Great read - light-hearted & funny - highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Neither inspiring, nor truthful, 19 Jun 2014
In an attempt to be amusing the author has made up all sorts of tales. LEJOG is great, this book is not!

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderately entertaining, 13 April 2014
I found that this was quite an entertaining read, if at times a bit annoying. Why, for example, does he unfailingly have to call his cycling partner - and father-in;law - his "Bike Buddy"? Also, there are some incidents described in the book that patently could not have happened (such as an attempted murder on two farmers mistaken for burglars), and these detract from the supposedly factual nature of the narrative. Moreover, it is a book to be read rather than in any way a handbook for end-to-enders. The route as described is vague and there is really more about the relationship with B&B proprietors, his father-in-law and his blistered backside than about detailed itineraries or even descriptions of the scenery.