5.0 out of 5 stars Doubles the battery life
Read the other reviews but I can only add that it has extended the phone to 2 days for me. Couldn't have asked for more!
Published 20 months ago by GW

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened Morphie ?????? Shame.
Functionally the product works very well. However it's not been thought through properly.
Firstly the charging port for this is Mini USB. Why? Why not make it Lightning port like the iPhone5 has already? I suspect that may be down to royalties needing to be paid to Apple to use this design. However other people pay and use it so minus a star for that.
Next the...
Published 8 months ago by A. Cresswell

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened Morphie ?????? Shame., 3 July 2014
A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777 - Born again Diver" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Next the product is really awkward to get the Lightning connector into the phone from the pack and when you pull the phone in and out you stress the connector and it feels like it's going to break. Minus another star.
Lastly. I dropped it and it literally shattered and wires and everything parted company. Now I didn't expect the plastic to survive but the solder on the connector came away as well. It was really poorly made and wired. Not impressed at all. The annoying thing is I had one of the Morphie Juice packs for my 4s and it was brilliant. Shame. They are expensive and I bought it based on previous experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's useful but not perfect/the best one around, 13 Feb. 2015
This is the first battery case I got so I can't compare with other battery cases on the market but there are a few things that you would immediately notice... First things first, it does look good, quite cleverly designed down to the LED lights. It redirects speakers sound so your speakers a front facing (great for videos/audio without headphones) and the bottom section adds to your grip. It essentially converts your phone to Micro USB powered so no more scrambling for lightning cables.

The battery life extension is OK but probably up to 80% charged.

The bad...

Wish someone had made this more obvious but you will need a headphone adapter (mini extension cable) to put into the battery case because the headphone jack is partially blocked. This model does come with it, but mine broke down within 1-2 months of use and only got 1 side of the audio.

Occasionally the power pack doesn't seem to have any juice in it even though I just charged it. You will also find the "this accessory is not compatible" notification on the iPhone from time to time, you thought MFI would mean you don't see any of the notification. It doesn't work with all micro USB cables, most compatible with the one that comes with it but doesn't seem to work with AmazonBasics - it will keep connecting and disconnecting hence continuously vibrating.

The rubber materials also stains quite easily.

I got it as part of lightning deals but considering switching to other brands like ones recommended by the Wirecutter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doubles the battery life, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Battery Case for iPhone 5/5s in Metallic Black - MFi Approved (Wireless Phone Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely effective charging case that looks great!, 24 Feb. 2014
Tried ordering from a different sender (SunnyB) and had an infinite amount of problems. So I decided to pay a bit more and go direct to AmazonUK's centre.

So on to the main point of the review:

When the case arrived it was well packaged and easy enough to open. There's also a charge cable included (mini USB) and just FYI there's no plug only the charger but that wasn't an issue to me. It does add some size (you can definitely feel the difference) to the iPhone 5S but really that's exactly what you should expect with a battery pack case since it has to house so much power. So far I'm really enjoying it! It works excellent and does add a considerable amount of battery life to the iPhone. This makes using it for days in work no hassle and you don't have to worry at all about watching something completely killing the battery. I absolutely adore the colour! I think it look wonderful and really adds more character to the iPhone. One point I will make clear is that those of you considering purchasing it should note that it ISN'T matte but also neither is it shiny and cheap looking, it's pretty much a solid red (kind of between the two, closer to matte). I've not found that it restricts my phone signal at all, it seems pretty much the same as before. There also seem to be no signs of it being easy to scratch either so far which is great.

All in all I wholly endorse this charging case. Ver impressive and I can see it lasting a very long time!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this - your phone will slip right out of your hand!, 18 Jan. 2015
This is a VERY slippery cover. I've already dropped my phone too many times and now need to get a repair as the screen is damaged. It now sits in a cupboard. Expensive mistake. It's not just me, either - my husband tried it and the same thing happened to him. I also got it for my kids and my son dropped his in the sink. Way too slippery. Don't buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery case, a bit pricey, 25 Jan. 2015
I think this is an excellent battery pack for the iPhone 5 and 5s. It's thin for a battery case and it's relatively light. The case itself is relatively protective, but it probably wouldn't be adequate for drops of over a meter onto concrete.

The battery takes a couple of hours to charge and provides about 70% extra battery usually, which is very good compared to the advertised amount. This usually means that I don't have to charge my phone in there day - a huge benefit. The finish doesn't fade very easily and mine is till in almost pristine condition.

Overall, this is a great battery case which gets rid of a lot of the annoying battery problems with the iPhone 5s. It lasts about a day of moderate-heavy usage. The added bulk is annoying, but this is one of the thinner cases out there. It's a bit on the pricey side at full price, but it's usually cheaper on Amazon and is great value at around £45. I managed to get this on a lightning deal at £29 which is an excellent price and I would have happily paid more for this high quality battery pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, but wish i'd bought bigger one, 31 May 2013
the helium is ok, they claim it will charge the phone by 80% in practice this seems closer to 50-60%.

if i was buying again i'd get the air model offering up to 100% charge, or even the juicepack plus which offers up to 120%, so in practice maybe 1 full charge which would be useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful but slightly impractical, 12 Jan. 2014
Cristiano G. Betta (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The Mophie makes for a great case but it has it's impracticalities. It does protect your phone but annoyingly it does heat up quite a bit when discharging. Also the lack of Lightning port (it uses a Micro USB port) is quite annoying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt out charger, 16 Aug. 2014
Was soo happy with this products at first wen I got it but 4 months down the line my phone got sooo hot it was unreal and iv had trouble with the charger getting it In and now the charger inside the case as "burnt out" it's all melted inside..not happy at all....

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very happy, as a case it does do the job, 25 July 2014
I was led to by this battery case because it is the "official" partner of Apple. Not very happy, as a case it does do the job. As a battery it does not. I noticed it runs out quickly straight away but then thought I should test it. I fully charged the phone and the case, played music, checked emails did this and that... in 4 hours my phone's battery went to 99%.

So the "Additional 8 hours talktime and Internet use on 3G" and "Additional 10 hours on WiFi & 40 hours audio playback" statements are not true

I have bought cheaper battery cases here on amazon in the past for my iphone 4. I can assure you those £20 - £25 versions of some 4200mAh do much better job. The don't look any worse either (in terms of appearance design)