1,286 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars page turner, more a woman's book
really enjoyed it, candy floss for the brain, made me buy the previous three which are well written and have more substance
Published on 15 April 2013 by OKR7777

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
From the information given about the book I expected a story of the struggle to renovate a home in France and the trails and tribulations this produced,an area of interest for me as someone who has set up home here.The first few chapters lived up to expectation with some true to life descriptions of rural French life and of the characters one encounters, along with some...
Published on 26 April 2013 by Marie

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not enjoy it at all, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
Not enough of a story for me, in fact I was bored after the first two chapters but carried on until the end thinking it would get better but alas it did not.

5.0 out of 5 stars The French House, 9 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely love this author he seems to be able to read people's emotions , actions and words so accurately which is why his books are so interesting with a good sense of humour thrown in. It never gets too heavy and I'm sure half the population has been in some of the woes the characters have been though from time to time

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 14 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
Cannot express how much I enjoyed this book! I haven't read The Case of the Missing Boyfriend, however I felt emotionally attached to the characters right from the beginning, and loved the unpredictable storyline. I couldn't bear to put this book down and throughout my day would be looking forward to getting home to get stuck into it again! I would definitely recommend reading this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read!, 14 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
I read The French House in one day as once I started it I couldn't wait to see what happened to CC and Victor in France. I wasn't disappointed at all, loved the story and was sad when it came to an end! Am about to embark on more of Nick Alexander's work now, and am glad I discovered this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 13 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyable light "holiday read". Yet another good read. Onto the next one on the list. Keep them coming please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 13 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this sequel and the change of location. Well written and a good pace throughout. Love the characters

5.0 out of 5 stars Tres bon!, 12 April 2013
Dawneh (MERSEYSIDE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
The Case of the Missing Boyfriend was the first of Nick's books I ever read and so I was especially pleased when I discovered that it was to have a sequel. While I'm sure that The French House would stand up fine as a read on its own I think you certainly benefit from reading about the life of CC and her friends that lead up to this book.

As with its prequel The French House has its fair share of ups and downs, tears and laughs... and a few odd - and sometimes outright scary - characters.

I admired (and possibly envied) CC's brave choice to take a leap of faith and follow her heart and as such I certainly felt for her when several obstacles started getting in the way of the happy dream.

I love Nick's style of writing, he brings to life very believeable and human characters and makes us care for them with ease.

Already waiting for his next book... write faster man!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The French House, 4 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
The follow up book from The Missing Boyfriend, again was as good as the first book. I read this book in a day as I couldnt put it down I was totally hooked. A few shocks along the way just kept me riveted, and I would not have guessed the outcome. Absolutely loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
I have to admit I have become a bit of a Nick Alexander Addict! He has such an easy to read narrative that I seem to just get sucked in. I Pre ordered The French house, a first for me, after reading The case of the missing boyfriend and the Half Life of Hannah. I had to wait 3 whole weeks so I downloaded 50 reasons to say goodbye just to fill in the gap!
As you can imagine the book had quite a bit to live up to and I am thrilled to say I was not disappointed. The story is obviously based in a house in France but the idyllic picture on the cover hides the twists and turns that face CC,Victor and the lovely Mark (I want a Mark in my life please!!) Well life is just not that straight forward is it? So it was very refreshing to read a realistic start to a relationship with rather different ups and downs. The little twists (poor kittys) make for a great read. I lost sleep reading this, its a good job kindles run out of battery eventually!!
Well done Nick, can't wait for your next book. I have downloaded the 2nd in the 50 reasons series to tide me over for now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Nick Alexander, 3 April 2013
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
The main characters from The Case of the Missing Boyfriend return and don't disappoint on their second outing. I'd recommend reading TCotMB first - not because it's strictly necessary - just because two great books are better than one! In The French House, a wonderful combination of conventional and unconventional love stories play out around the central theme of the renovations of Victor's inherited house. Some relationships are more prominent than others but all are brought to life believably through beautifully written characters. A bit of romance, a bit of angst, a bit of intrigue, a lot of rain and a good helping of fun. An ideal book for lazing on a beach; whiling away a train journey (though be warned....you may miss your stop!), curling up on the sofa for a lazy afternoon or just snatching some 'me' time between the chores. I couldn't put it down!

The French House