on 1 February 2015
I just bought this book January 2015 and saw there is a 2.0 version out which is only 300 long, doh! , I am still glad I got this book because it covers almost everything but the book drifts off subject and doesn't concentrate on getting a simple webservice running and expand explain later.

I am on chapter 9 and covered his examples and it less than clear cut. I had to go searching around GitHub to find the source code in Chapter 5,6,7 because I found it impossible to get the project working based on what he had in the book. He makes tons of use out of Nuget and his code/theory explanations are not sufficient . I finished a 700 page book on MVC by Apress and it was more clear cut.

To sum up I would recommend this book but writing style could have been improved and reduce the readers time having to go over what bit is what.
on 24 October 2013
I had this one on pre-order and was pleased to see it pop through the door this morning. Apress have a habit of getting great books out to market and this is not one of them - it's better than great, it's BRILLIANT.

You might ask why.

I find you can judge a book by a quick skim - open it at a random page and read what you find there. I just happen to choose the "performance" chapter, where the authors were discussing how to scale a web API using async controllers. It was brilliantly written, gave exactly the right depth of information with really good examples, and also introduced at least one tool I'd never heard of but that will become a staple in my toolbox (and I've been doing this a long, long time, my toolbox already has a lot of stuff in it).

I then chose another chapter at random, and again found some more superb content.

I write .NET code every day - I am an independent contractor and worked for Microsoft for nearly 10 years, so I know a thing or two about the .NET framework and I have to say that this is the single best book I've read on the subject (and I've not read it all yet). This one will be read cover to cover, and I can whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone wanting to write ASP.NET WebAPI. I don't have any affiliation with Apress or the authors.

Do yourself a favour and buy this book.

Thankyou Tugberk, Alexander and Ali. Your book rocks.
on 28 January 2014
Bought for my husband who's very pleased with the book. It's now his new bible lol. Just what he needed.