5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 20 Feb 2013
This was a really good book for wpf 4.5. If you are looking to get up to speed quickly then this is the book for you. My edition did not have any errors in.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent reference, 4 Mar 2014
Steve Jones "stevej" (Fairford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro WPF 4.5 in C#: Windows Presentation Foundation in .NET 4.5 (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after having programmed WPF and C# for a few years so use it as a reference, digging into specific chapters as I need them, but I feel it would be a good learning book as well. The examples don't get bogged down in complexity or assume particular patterns like MVVM, which is refreshing.

As an aside, after buying it I noticed how many books my wife (a web developer) and I have by Matthew MacDonald, which has to be a good recommendation!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well designed and easy for the starter., 15 Dec 2013
Being new to WPF, I feared that the book may be dipping ahead of where I should start. But it goes from the beginning, at first delving into some relevant history of widows development and showing what progress WPF brings into the UI field. It then covers fundamentals and takes you up to mid-level. And all this in a very readable prose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book on WPF, 6 Oct 2013
Hi,

I just finished "Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Framework by Apress", now I am about a quarter way through this book "Pro WPF 4.5 in C#" and thought I would give my 2/cents.

Its definitely a good book but I did already cover some of the topics in my previous book. The first 6 chapters for me have been just a breeze since I already know the topics. The book is 1000 pages but not all of it is a tough nut exactly. Maybe a smaller WPF expert book continuing on from a base knowledge might have been an option?

The print in my book looked like it ran out of ink. I contacted Amazon and they gave me a partial refund. It was a bit of a surprise to see a lot of the diagrams greyed out. I have come across no errors in the book (unlike my previous book). Anyway, I intend to read from start to finish but maybe for the average C# developer this WPF book is not too difficult.

My only complaint/idea ... They could have incorporated examples as a mainstay. Covering a topic with a bit of theory and building up an example in Visual Studio is my preference. Once I get something working and read a bit about it I'm happy. WPF 4.5 in C# is more of a read and there are lots of things/techniques that I (or any other programmer) won't use .

Get the book ? Yeah go for it. Its well written and comprehensive.