on 23 April 2013
What can I say about this puzzle board it's brilliant the best one I have had and I have had a couple of others but nothing like this one.i would buy another one when needed,
on 28 February 2013
I am very happy with this puzzle board. It is light and easy to store and the right size for 1000 piece puzzles.
on 30 April 2013
For some strange reason this puzzle board does not appear when searching initially; it is necessary to take an interest in a much more expensive item to find this offered as an alternative. If all you want is a flat, smooth, wrinkle-free, adequately sized surface on which to assemble standard 1000 piece puzzles this cannot be bettered. The Gibson board is superb for sliding under a settee or bed when in between uses. The stiff packing also acts as a cover to keep dust at bay.
on 28 August 2013
Even at quite an angle the pieces stay on the board and can be moved easily from room to room if required. Would recommend.
on 30 June 2015
My wife and i enjoy making puzzles and we have a save a puzzle that you can zip shut like a very large briefcase, the only problem it is heavy, and if you can imagine 2 Puzzle boards of this review joined in the middle so you can fold it in half, then you see the problem.
This is ideal as it is lighter than the other board and has a raised edge.
I found that the puzzle did slide a little and the edge could of been a little more defined to stop the puzzle going over the edge.
The only other drawback with this board is, that once you have started a puzzle you have to have somewhere to lay it flat that wont be vulnerable to someone walking past and knocking it flying.
Still a very good puzzle board and at a reasonable price.
on 6 November 2013
useful for people who like working on puzzles and have fun with family or alone can be used for years
on 5 April 2014
The vast majority of European 1000 jigsaws will SQUEEZE onto this board, but life would be so much easier with an extra inch around the sides.

The front fabric holds the pieces well, whist also allowing you to slide them. I'm not a fan of the blue colour, but to be fair it does provide high contrast so that you can see you pieces very well against it. I also like the way the edge of the board tapers gently up, so that you can slide pieces off.

The rear is slightly padded and covered with a different leatherette fabric.

The board is surprisingly lightweight, yet sturdy enough to be held at one end. I do worry that it might warp over time.

The finishing is immaculate.

The price I think is very fair and I would have given 5 stars had it not been for the size. With the slightly larger Jigthings Jigsort 1000 costing nearly twice as much, surely there is scope for more of a compromise.
on 6 June 2013
I have several puzzles that I have not done because had no table top space to do the puzzles, this is great
on 5 December 2015
I love Gibson’s jigsaws on which I have invested a small fortune over the years, but am not so keen on this board, which I bought on impulse, without reading the full description.

In fairness, I guess I am too used to the advantages of my ‘PortaPuzzle’, with the flaps providing an area where you can keep some of your pieces as you puzzle(!) over them and the whole thing closes, with Velcro, safely keeping the jigsaw under wraps & away from the elements. I just assumed that they all worked in a similar fashion.

This is a board for simply making the jigsaw up on.
It is of reasonable sturdiness and is designed for standard jigsaws up to 1000 pieces, 73 cm x 51 cm.
Lightly padded, one side is in a black plastic-type finish, the other is a bright royal blue velvet-type finish, which, when brand new, does help to stop the puzzle sliding if held at a slight angle, but this has not proved to be the case as the pile flattens with use. Also, the brushed effect is hard to keep clear of dust speckles, when part way through a puzzle.
The board has a raised edge, which creates a slight well for the jigsaw to sit in, but there is little space to put jigsaw pieces on, until you get near the end as the advertising picture suggests. This means that a large table is required, to provide a natural surround in my case.
But, it all comes down to how you do your jigsaws, I guess?
Friends have various sorters to hand with theirs, when space is minimal.

In practice, I only use this puzzle board to transfer my latest completed jigsaw onto for display & photography purposes before making the agonising decision to break it up and put it back in its box!

Having said all of that, I bought mine on Amazon discount at a fraction of the RRP and an extra bonus was the large piece of cardboard that pads out the packing because I was able to transfer my latest, just finished, favourite place jigsaw onto it to glue and keep forever!

If I was buying another, I would choose this one which is the super-duper, updated version of my old faithful and, currently, in at similar money in terms of RRP.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 23 April 2015
bought for my elderly mother. It is good in most ways but could do with more of a raised edge to stop the pieces being swept off by her sleeve. Also could have been a little bigger but all in all a good purchase