4.0 out of 5 stars great iron.
Love it. Would recommend this steam generator iron. Wouldn't buy any other than this. Highly recommend. Easy to purchase parts as well.
Published 11 months ago by debbie

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned due to fault
I had this iron for 3 months and loved it, very lightweight, quiet and worked very well. Unfortunately the steam function stopped working for no apparent reason, I had only used the iron a few times and followed all of the instructions and looked after it. Amazon were fantastic and arranged a collection the very next day and refunded my account. I have now purchased a...
Published 5 months ago by TraciV

4.0 out of 5 stars great iron., 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Morphy Richards Jet Steam 42234 Steam Generator Diamond Soleplate - Blue (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple ironing., 10 Jun 2013
Brilliant . Never done my ironing so quick. Hubby cotton shirt that is awful to iron, can't get the creases out. Well not anymore its a breeze. .so good it makes you want to do the ironing.(nearly).

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 21 July 2013
I have had a morphy richards jet stream before and was pleased with it
the new one is a lot lighter, and performs brilliantly.
i would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than an ordinary iron, 17 Aug 2013
V. Cavicchioli (UK) - See all my reviews
It does make ironing quicker, it is lightweight, easy to use and produces a decent amount of steam. Overall I am pleased with it but can't compare with other steam irons as this is my first one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 11 Oct 2013
How can anyone love their iron?! But this is is great - a huge improvement after my last stem generator iron - nice and quiet and doesn't drip water all the time. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars A great steam generator iron, 15 Aug 2013
My wife finds the iron a great help and has already recommended it to our friends.
This is the best iron we have had so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam iron, 21 Oct 2013
Very reasonably priced for a steam generator iron. It makes the task of ironing much easier and I would recommend it to anyone who irons regularly!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy glider, 26 July 2013
Very pleased with the steam generator. (If you can be pleased about ironing) certainly makes things a lot Easter than the old way. Good price

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 5 Jun 2014
Having just opened this product and done a pile of ironing I can say I'm impressed......super hot, super steamy and super fast, much quicker than my old iron.

My last iron was a Swan steam generator (4yrs old) and was a very good quality build, design and performing product. I went for this Morphy Richards iron because my Swan had recently dies and because of other reviews and the price was much reduced. To be honest when I opened the box I did think I'd made a mistake and there was a reason for the price reduction! On first glance it felt much lighter than my old iron, and felt lower quality as a result. Have since found ironing with a lighter iron is a benefit! It is a lot more plasticy than other out there and smaller than I thought. The dial is a bit low spec.

All that said and done, the iron uses water very sparingly yet produces loads of steam. Very simple to use too.

The only real negatives-
No handle....why? Makes moving/carrying it is definitely a two hand job and when full of water it's quite heavy. Carrying it after you've finished is slightly dangerous as without handles the iron could topple off its base (nothing really stopping it from doing so) and scald your hands/arms.

Cord gets noticeably v warm when ironing. Seems not much insulation.

Would recommend and am pleased with it in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB, 3 Nov 2013
I have to iron 5 shirts a week and it took me over an hour before I bought this iron.....now less time and less effort. Wish I bought one of these when I used to be in the military!!!!