5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss!
My last cheap-o steam gen iron broke after 20 months, so I hot footed it to Asda to get one in the same price range (£70) and it was just terrible, no more steam than a normal iron, no pressure, and the steam poured out of it for 30 seconds after pressing the steam button. I had visions of my three year old getting scolded. Back it went.

I really didn't want to...
Published 18 months ago by ws

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design poor quality
First one went wrong within 10 months contacted Morphy Richards who then told me Amazon had take over the guarantees' for the first year. Contacted Amazon who as usual gave a good service. The replacement arrived and within three weeks this went wrong with the steam button suck on. Changed to a Tefal pro express which is 1000 times better.
Published 12 months ago by Mr Derek A Bennion

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss!, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 42223 Pressurised Steam Generator Ceramic Soleplate - Plum/Black (Kitchen & Home)

I really didn't want to spend so much on a new iron but the reviews for this one attracted me and in the end I hit buy. It's been the best thing I ever did.

For starters it has a TWO year guarantee. You just need to register your purchase at Morphy Richards to get two years (otherwise its 12 months).

It looks the bees knees, it really does. But the looks refect equally impressive functions and performance.

The tank holds a huge amount of water which is brilliant. Okay, this does add to the weight of the tank part so you do need a decent ironing board or a table to put the tank on. Establised steam gen iron owners will already know about the tank/base's weight anyway.

The iron itself is very light with a fabric setting dial that isn't easily knocked, and a ceramic plate (much better than a metal one). It glides over fabric.

You don't need to buy those ridiculously expensive cartridges for softening the water. I think I must have spent £50 on those in 18 months with my last steam gen. I could have bought a decent steam gen in the first place for what it cost me! This steam gen iron has self cleaning functionality, an indicator to tell you it needs descaling, and a very easy action to manually rinse out the boiler when descaling is necessary.

The steam control panel is so easy. A central on/off button and to the left the indicator that it's switched on, an indicator that the water tank needs refilling, and an indicator to tell you that it needs descaling. On the right are three buttons for the three steam levels. Press the appropriate one and wait for the light to stop flashing and you're good to go!

Heat-up time is very fast, within a couple of minutes I'd say. Much faster than my last steam gen.

As for ironing time, what can I say? It wipes the floor with my last steam gen. I got through five seven kilo loads of ironing yesterday with no effort and every garment was a pleasure to iron. I zipped through it. I've never ironed anything so quickly!

I won't look back to the cheaper irons now, this is worth every penny I spent and at the current price it's an absolute bargain.

I love my new iron :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad design poor quality, 24 Mar. 2014
Mr Derek A Bennion (London, London, GB) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Spits, 27 Nov. 2013
For a brand new steam iron, this one spits water horribly. Instead of a steady flow of steam available after only a brief warm up, this one takes an age to get going and then I find water marks all over what I am ironing. Going to send it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 Irons in 8 months!!!, 26 Jun. 2014
My first time buying an expensive iron but decided to go for it at £139 because it sounded fab and my current cheap iron was useless. Was impressed at first, irons great and quick. A little splutter when on a low setting but that was only occasionally. The iron was also very very noisy when pumping water. However the real fail was the descaling of the iron. First it was far to tight for me to loosen so only my husband could unscrew the bolt to empty the water out. on the second descale the light never went off once we turned back on, it started pumping out steam without me touching it and then it stopped working all together, no steam. I returned after only 4 months and I received a replacement. 4 months later the exact same thing has happened. We are carrying out the descale exactly as described however it won't register on the iron and then the steam trigger has stopped working again. Very disappointed. I am returning item for a full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elaine Brown, 10 Aug. 2013
The iron is very stylish , very light and very easy to use with a good sized water tank. The various steam settings are very useful from fairly mild to being very powerful which is great for getting the tough creases out in jeans etc. i would definitely recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Jan. 2014
I purchased this iron to up date my old Morphy Richards steam iron , I chose this particular model due to the great reviews on here but am really disappointed with it . I find it heavy and its very fiddly to get the water tank out to refill . I often iron whilst watching TV and found this more difficult as the flex is shorter than my old one and its incredibly noisy which makes it difficult to hear the television . To get any steam you have to hold the button in on the handle and it still doesn't steam as well as my previous one , the tank also need filling regularly . I have it boxed ready to return , not worth the money despite being half price . Not recommended at all

1.0 out of 5 stars Not operational after 6 months......, 20 May 2014
Loved this purchase when I first bought it in from Currys December 2013, however now totally useless as it will not descale and as I cannot locate the receipt unfortunately it will be in the bin next week.

1.0 out of 5 stars Steam Button Stuck on 2nd time of using, 20 May 2014
Worked perfectly the first time, second time the steam button stayed on would not turn off and proceeded to spit and pour boiling water all over the place, I have ordered a replacement and hope it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it you wont regret it, 15 Aug. 2013
Has sailed through everything so far and I have ironed laundry, bedding, curtains and lately steamed the school blazers. Can iron so many garments before needing to refill the water and ironing is so much quicker as only need to iron one side. Wish I had got one years ago and not sure I will ever go back to a traditional iron.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great steam iron, 14 Aug. 2013
The only downside is the size for storage but other than that makes ironing effortless with its three steam settings and huge reservoir (hence the size). Makes ironing easy and quick. Also love the sole plate, glides.