4.0 out of 5 stars LIght mint but contains Sorbitol
Published 11 months ago by Chris Hoare

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent me item which was going to expired in 20 days
I have ordered wrigley extra white chewing gum and to my surprise they sent me the product which was going to expied in 20 days...
Published on 4 Oct 2011 by Shashi

4.0 out of 5 stars LIght mint but contains Sorbitol, 18 Aug 2013
Chris Hoare "Chris" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Wrigley Extra Ice White with Microgranules Sugarfree Chewing Gum 14 g (Pack of 30) (Grocery)
I buy a pack of 30 gum each month from Amazon to keep me ticking over at work. I have been trying my way around the Wrigley's range and made it Wrigley's Extra Ice white gum. My first choice before I started my odyssey was Spearmint (the green packs) which has a nice punch and a long flavour. Extra Ice White has a nice mellow mint flavour that lasts a fair amount of time; the micro-granules don't have a chalky texture and aren't really noticeable as you chew. No idea if they are having any impact on whitening my teeth; or if i really care about the whiteness of my molars) but the gum works.

So why only 4*s well Ice White is a good news bad news though; they use sorbitol as a sweetener which kills bacteria and so its great for your teeth the bad news though is quite bad - sorbitol is a mild laxative; so i'm alternating packs of icewhite with spearmint.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent me item which was going to expired in 20 days, 4 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste the same, half the price!, 6 July 2014
Same great taste but cheaper price! I'll happily chew a piece for 2 hours, the flavour lasts for ages! I've read the other reviews and I haven't had any issues they had. Expiry date? mine were fine.

Sorbitol as a laxative? I'm pretty sure i've read about this and although yes it's true, it is a laxative, the amount you'd have to chew is something like 5 packs in a day. That's 50 pellets of chewing gum. If you're chewing that much gum in one day then you're definitely chewing too much. Don't forget the idea is to chew after food/meals. If you're eating 50 times a day, your body can probably handle more than 50 pellets worth of laxative.