on 25 April 2013
This is a great replacement for our old rice cooker which finally dies after about ten years of good service. The one complaint people seem to have (on this and other similar models) is that lots of starchy steam splutters out of the top of the hole in the lid and makes a terrible mess everywhere. I agree, this is a problem, but one we solved by simply folding up a piece of kitchen towel into quarters and resting it on top of the lid over the hole. This works really well to absorb all of the steam and there is no mess made. Thought I'd share that for other users of this kind of rice cooker! (We used to have the same problem with our old one except that its lid didn't fit as snugly and therefore the mess leaked down all the sides, onto the worktop and all over the floor - just as messy and much harder to fix!)
0Comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2013
I have had this product about 7 weeks and used it about 5 or 6 times. It suddenly stopped working today. I would not recommend this product.
on 23 October 2013
I recommand this product : is it quite large, cooked rice and dumpling with the plastic basket, works good !
at the moment nothing to say bad :D
on 19 January 2014
There is no option to give less than one star but my poor husband ordered this for his first effort at doing a Thai dinner and when it was set up, it just did not work! Faulty connection, possibly. What a disappointment as he'd bought it specially for that not! Always thought Russell Hobbs was a reliable make too.
on 30 September 2013
Worked ok, then started undercooking at 6 weeks and then the following week completely stopped working- not at all impressed
on 26 May 2014
In short.

This puts me off buying anything Russell Hobbs in the future.

First one lasted a month. Second one made it to ten months. There will not be a third.
on 14 June 2014
The only thing that was good about it, was that it turned on...steam leaking from every part except the hole which it was supposed to...takes longer to cook due to the same reason...
on 6 January 2016
I've had this for a couple of years now, and I have to say it has served me really well. The inside pan itself is starting to show some signs of wear and tear by now, but the thing works perfectly and cooks rice exactly as you want it.

EDIT:

I need to edit this review. For around £20 it's probably still an OK purchase, but it just died. And it didn't 'just' die - see for yourselves. I think whatever caused it to heat so much that metal melted is quite a worrying deficiency.
review image review image
on 28 February 2014
After lot of research selected this product after last (8years old) gave way. This item just stopped working after 10days. Will not turn on, changed the fuse with no luck. Amazon customer service was GREAT to get the refund.

Also, when the cooker is just keeping warm, I noticed the rice at the bottom of the pot gets slightly burned. I want a cooker to auto shut off after rice is cooked, but this item goes to the 'keep warm' mode and to switch off the unit, u need turn off from the mains…not convenient.
on 4 August 2014
This is the worst experience i have ever bad, it either burns the rice or is extremely undercooked, please avoid buying this, I've had many rice cookers none as bad as this I'm extremely upset and feel like my money has been waisted because this product is not cheap its a rip off please avoid!