5.0 out of 5 stars The bees ........
This is awesome.

Published 14 months ago by Porterhouse_01

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality control is a problem
Published 6 months ago by Tom Mooney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The bees ........, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Severin 700 ml 500 Watts Induction Electric Milk Frother with Variable Temperature Control, White (Kitchen & Home)
This is awesome.

A few tips though, the more milk you put in the less it froths (obviously as it has more work to do to move the milk around) so A) first off don't put it on the hottest setting (you'll see why in a minute) B) when it's 'done' pour out some of the hot milk into your cup then put it on the hottest (or hotter) setting and put it on again. This time you'll get a lot more froth. Then spoon out the froth onto your cup. BINGO - a perfect Latte.

My only gripe is that given the cost, there are no spare 'whizzers' supplied and/or no links/info where to get them, so if you wash one down the drain - you're stuffed. However, they are magnetic so you might be lucky and not drop it down the PH.

5.0 out of 5 stars SEVERIN 9685 Milk Frother, 31 Dec 2013
The main reason I chose this, was because of the high capacity (it will froth 350ml)
This is my 3rd frother, and the other two, although decent, would only froth small quantities at one time, so I'd end up frothing two lots of milk, for my latte's.
Well, as I have mentioned, this will froth 350ml, which is well well enough for a latte or cappuchino etc. So on this alone, I was well impressed. Also, the jug lifts off completely and can be washed on it's own, or put in the dish-washer (you can't do this with most of em)
It's simple in operation, just put the frothing attachment into the jug, and away you go. If you want to just heat-up milk, there's a different attachment. It's quick and heats up the milk to a set temperature (there are 4 different settings).
All I would add, is that I have invested in a Plastic Picnic spoon to be able to scoop out the froth without scratching the interior of jug.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality control is a problem, 25 Jan 2014
Tom Mooney "Tommo" (Kilkenny) - See all my reviews
Had to send mine back as the stainless steel base was scratched and dented. The packaging was perfect so it was damaged when packed. Got a replacement a few days later and it too was damaged at the same place on the base. As the damage is less severe I'm keeping this one. Apart from the quality control issue, the unit makes great froth. Highly recommended but watch for damage!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our homemade latte is as good as you can buy anywhere now!, 12 Mar 2014
Sheila Sanderson (BANCHORY, Aberdeenshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Frothy milky drinks in a trice. This frother is every bit as good as the manufacturers promise. The jug rinses clean. It's perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually very good!, 9 Feb 2014
After a long debate whether there was any point in investing in yet another kitchen gadget which would not be used very often, we were pleasantly surprised how good this frother was. The whole family enjoys using it, and even more, it is easy to clean!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best!, 6 Feb 2014
I wore myself out, reading all the reviews for just about every milk frother on the market. Finally I went for this one because of it's larger capacity, and good reviews. I've not been disappointed. I use it with a Francis Francis Y3 coffee machine, and I like HOT cappuccino, and this delivers along with a gorgeous froth, and with plenty of hot milk for a large latte for my husband. My only criticism is that the cord could do with being about 15 cms. longer, as I can't put it where I would like it on the workbench, so have had to rearrange things, which isn't ideal, but it's worth it to enjoy barista style coffee at home. It's paid for itself already.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clever and mostly easy to live with, 6 Feb 2014
This is a clever, convenient and mostly hassle-free way of frothing and heating milk for making hot chocolate or coffees. Instead of being a brute force whisking machine it uses magnetism to rotate a small frother inside the stainless steel jug. A mixing spinner is also provided and both spinners clamp magnetically onto the rear for storage. The mains cable is not very long.

I found that the spinning frother which is held magnetically (surprisingly) came adrift more than once, as it’s not tremendously powerful and doesn’t like being swamped by a large portion of eg chocolate powder. Problem then is that you can’t see where the dislocated spinner’s got to, so you have to stop and empty the milk & powder into a jug… Care is needed not to overload it and I wonder if the larger-size jug can cope with anything other than heating milk without adding coffee or chocolate powder, cold milk shakes or syrups. Possibly better to make two smaller servings.

This 700ml size just about makes two mugs but it doesn’t always produce that much froth (crema) on its full setting. Depends on the milk and temperature I suppose. I’d also like the milk to be a tad hotter so that you can savour the drink longer, but on the other hand the very warm milk is drinkable immediately. I don’t know that you need all those temperature settings, but I look forward to trying cold milk shakes in the summer.

Most of all I like the convenience, it’s compact, quiet and cleverly designed. Unlike older generation milk frothers that had to be taken to bits to clean and were unreliable, this only has one moving part to clean, and the jug is dishwasher proof so it’s very easy to live with. I hope it’ll last a lot longer than its two predecessors as at nearly 90 it was not inexpensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 30 Jan 2014
I received the product for Christmas and the unit didn't froth the milk since day one, it only warmed it. I sent the unit back and got a replacement. The new unit worked fine producing an amazing delicious foam, but after a week it stopped frothing the milk again.
I've tried everything, even the suggestions from the producer (froth cold and then warm), but they didn't work. I sent the replacement unit back and asked for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous little milk machine!, 2 Jan 2014
I can confidently say this is one of the most satisfying purchases I have made for quite some time. Really pleased with it. Great for frothy coffees (I use a nespresso for the coffee) and the best hot chocolate! Magnetic stirrer stays in the jug when pouring, but I did find it sticks to spoons (used to aid pouring frothy milk). Machine is just the right size for a couple of cappuccinos or two generous size mugs of hot chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow hello cappuccino, horlicks hot chocolate, & banana milk shakes!, 21 Jan 2013
After a work colleague said how much he enjoyed his cappuccino we decided to get one ourselves.
The one he recommended was a different make but they only do one size.
We needed one for two large cups.
So after all the research we went for this one the severin. Its not made in china!
So we ordered on Saturday, it came on Monday.
So we had a cappuccino and finished off with a horlicks at bed time.
It does two large cappuccino's on the froth setting and two mugs of horlicks on the smooth setting.
I can only say it looks good on the work top, it's like my Merc, well made! It des the milk fabulously.
Expensive, well this was the cheapest supplier and just like the Merc, you get what you pay for.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›