on 28 November 2013
First things first; I could not put this trilogy down. It's writing style is simple, almost like a written version of a comic book (graphic novel, if you prefer), with fast paced, descriptive text and simple, punchy (occasionally corny) dialogue. But there is a problem, The author sought to include too much in each book and no hints were provided for the twists and turns which took place. This meant that ultimately the reader was unable to fully engage with the plot.

The author clearly is a man with very vivid imagination, with some very interesting concepts, but in this case he has tried to shoehorn too much into three books. There are probably six or seven novels contained within this trilogy, but by the third book (Trans-Human) too much was going on unexplained for the reader to follow.

This story would have benefited from more care and attention by the author.
on 9 January 2013
Really enjoyed this series. Well written and interesting storyline. The story line of the first of the trilogy reminded me of Blood Music by Greg Bear. Bear is one of my favourite authors, but I did feel that the Post Human books were finished off more neatly than Bear books.
on 30 January 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend and was initially sceptical, i have to say that i was completely blown away by the trilogy, really easy to read and to follow with some genius ideas! I'll be following this author and look forward to future books, by far one of the best books i have read! There's something for all scifi lovers out there, nano tech, androids, terraforming but all explained in a way that anyone would be able to understand, plus there were points in the book where i was genuinely surprised, which is rare for me.

I can't recommend this trilogy enough!
on 19 January 2013
I downloaded this book cause I was intrigued about the storyline and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Very good storyline, twists...I recommend it!
on 30 November 2013
Enjoyed the series of books. They're fast flowing and easy to read but underneath it all is a thought provoking future which makes you think and see the world today a little differently.

It's not easy to write futuristic books because they either become medieval or gothic parodies or just ridiculously unbelievable.I think this series is pretty good even if there are some outlandish events.
on 2 December 2013
Picked up as a whim at 99p and was pleasantly surprised at this fast paced well written trilogy. It was easy reading, yet thought provoking and hard to put down. I see book 4 is out so off to purchase and start reading right now.

I love finding a new quality author - keep em coming!
on 15 March 2014
Simpson takes us on a whirl wind ride, and I mean whirl wind! It feels like a space opera at an unbelievable pace, a pace that batters you from one theory to another. This trilogy is worth the read, the writing flows and even with the fast pace there is time to care about the characters. Enjoy!
on 21 February 2013
I wanted to try something different so thought i'd try some Sci-fi, this was brilliant, each part of the trilogy got better and better, hopefully more will come....my only criticism is the cover picture, it just doesnt do it justice.
on 20 June 2014
A thoroughly engrossing and thought provoking book. Makes you think about our technological future and decisions that will have to be made but more than that it's a good read.
on 12 December 2013
I have just finished reading this series and a. back in a suddenly duller world. I am a science fiction reader for more than 45 years and this is very good . looki g for more