5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the price.
I bought this 'Razer Deathadder 2013' in 17 Sep 2013. So far there are no problems with the mouse, literally nothing that has bugged me.

Published 10 months ago by Alvis

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag...
Published 3 days ago by Viper

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the price., 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)

The first day I got the mouse it took me around 2 days to get used to the shape, and when you do you really have a slight advantage over others. Within the box you get a disk which includes the 'Razer Synapse 2.0' where you can change your DPI settings from 100 to 6400. You can also switch off the lights from the program, and you can optimize your mouse for which mousepad it uses, ofcourse it has to be some sort of a razer mousepad.

I would definitely recommend this product, worth the price and is well built. It is strong. I have dropped it a few times and it is still going like it's new.

Pros:

Awesome 'click'
Very comfortable
Very smooth
Accurate
A lot of settings
2 buttons

Cons:

Right handed mouse (sorry left handers)
You will take 1 - 2 days to get used to the shape

This product is worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. The best gaming mouse and long-term investment for your PC., 6 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Hands down, the Razer Deathadder 2013 = the best multimedia mouse, I have ever used, and is not only optimal for gaming.

The reason I bought this mouse is because the cheap £10 mouse from Gigabyte after a few months decided to give up the use of of one of its thumb buttons and the sensitivity was not customisable enough for my liking.

This is the first Razer product I have ever bought. For the high, but surprisingly affordable price tag (considering all the other expensive gaming mice available), I expected a quality, premium product. I was not let down and it surpassed my high expectations by a long way. From the packaging, to the robust plastic unique material of the mouse itself, Razer justifies its premium brand selling point. As soon as I laid my right hand on the mouse (it is designed for a rightie, but I have tried and can be used with surprising comfort with a left hand) it fitted my hand - to use the cliche simile - like a glove. I have never experienced this level of instant comfort and relaxation of the hand muscles with any other mouse. The thumb buttons are, like the mouse as a whole, larger than most mice out there which is ideal for me because I hate small mice with midget sized buttons. The act of clicking has a perfect balanced feel of sensitivity and resistance. The mouse wheel is rubberized (and does not make a scratchy sound like some mice) like the two grips either side of the mouse and reinforce your grip on the device, which is most noticable while playing games. On the gaming side, performance in FPS games in particular have been massively more comfortable and successful in-game. It says in the description on the Razer website that it is designed for a palm grip (resting all the surface area of your palm and fingers on the mouse) however, I have often used a claw and fingertip grip equally as comfortably. I often change my grip as I go depending on the task. Lastly, this is an optical mouse, not a laser one, which is what I prefer after experiencing the superior accuracy and control of optical mice (yes the technology is older, but it is better in most gamers' opinions). Laser mice have in-built acceleration which does not result in a raw mouse input.

Now getting down to the Razer-exclusive features which really make this product worth the money. The device supports Razer's official native software Synapse 2.0 which you can download easily off their website. It comes with a bunch of very powerful customisable options to enable the user to personalise the mouse to their own taste, and all in an attractive user-friendly interface. Some options include the precision senstitivity adjustment slider, the lighting menu to switch off/on any of the two lights on the mouse, the mouse mat calibration option and the ability to map any of the buttons to a key function on the keyboard or in my case, use a thumb button as a sensitivity clutch (which is extremely useful in FPS games), just to name a few.

There is not much more to the mouse other than that, which is what I love about the mouse. It is not an overtly 'pimped' gaming mouse (to the point where if you turn off both the lights, it looks like an ordinary ergonomic mouse). So you can use it in public places or in the company of friends without being perceived as the stereotypical gaming nerd. I love the low-profile subtle design, but at the same time it is a beautiful device and enhances the look of your PC instantly. The cable is extremely high quality, boasting a braided cable and gold plated USB plug.

This is the kind of product which you can reliably say that, in the absence of any human carelessness such as dropping the mouse or spilling water on it, it will last a lifetime. This is true with most premium products and in this sense, even though you may pay a bit more in the short-term to BUY the device, you will SAVE money in the long-term by not having to continue buying replacements because of it breaking or becoming faulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beastly mouse, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
This mouse... It is something else... I mean... Right, I don't mean to joke or anything when I say this but:
Don't be thinking this mouse will feel cheap (the image may suggest so if you've never used one), the mouse has a lovely weight to it and it has an awesome surface.

Performance?

I went from Razer Abyssus (mirror) to this Deathadder 2013, and I've been destroying people on Battlefield now :D It is not even funny (from 10%-11% accuracy to 16% -> 23% area).

Notes:
If you're currently using a mouse which has a boat'esque ( [front____back_/ <-- like that) shaped rear end (facing your palm) that means your mouse "hop" pivot will feel a bit awkward as the Deathadder has a tail sort of thing going on, within one day you should be used to it.

Now onto the important part: The click.

When I clicked it for the first time, it felt so good; my girlfriend was blown through the wall and the aftershock was felt in Madagascar. It's pretty damn nice.

Note about the seller:
Thee seller of this item is the Amazon Parcel God "Bubblewrapittus" him/herself. Not even a microbe had landed on the box containing the mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Mouse, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Hands down. This is probably the best mouse I've used in my life. I was always more of a Logitech fan but this mouse is changing my mind. I'm not really a gamer although I do play games from time to time. As a digital designer, I got this mouse purely for my work.

This mouse should be coupled with a decent mouse mat to fully enjoy it. Yes, it does track on my table and I'm sure it would track on your's too but it's a lot easier to glide it if you have a decent mat. I got a Steelseries QCK mouse mat since I read online that it works really well with Deathadder and you know what, it does!

Overall the Razer Deathadder has a good build quality and it feels solid in my hand. The pulsing green Razer logo is a nice touch too. Before buying, I thought that it might be a bit too bright for my liking but it just nice, subtle and makes it easier to grab the mouse if it's dark in your room.

P.S I don't tend to leave reviews but this time I really wanted to show my appreciation to Razer.
If you're in doubt, don't be! Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
No need to go in depth on this review;

This mouse fits your hand perfectly, and that is an understatement. You get the improved version of the mouse, meaning it has a new improved surface plus rubber side grips. Doesn't sound amazing? I've tried out the previous version of this mouse, and this blows it out the water.

It's Razer, so you know you're going to get awesome looking packaging and an awesome looking product. How does it look? I bought the Deathadder for its functionality and ergonomics as opposed to its looks, but even so, its looks gorgeous. There is backlighting on both the scroll wheel and Razer logo, both of which can be turned off if it suits you so via Synapse 2.0 (more about that in a minute). Personally, I like to be able to see where my mouse is when I play in the dark, and its look flipping awesome.

Snyapse 2.0: This is the software that pairs up with Razer devices and peripherals in order to optimise their use. Let me say first off: IT IS OPTIONAL. You can use the mouse offline or just plug-and-play. Many other people resent or dislike the software for various reasons, so let me repeat: if you don't like/want it, don't install/use it. Personally I like it, as it lets you change your DPI settings, Polling rate (i've yet to find out what that actually does) and record and dictate macros to the buttons on your mouse. There is also extra features e.g. you can calibrate your mouse to work with a Razer mousemat. Myself, I have the Goliathus Speed, and setting them up to work together took less than a second, so props to that!

Final say: most ergonomic mouse I have ever touched. At the end of the day, its a £50 mouse, so you have to be a keen PC user or Gamer to justify the price, and justify it you will! Razer has a reputation for being 'overpriced' and 'flashy', but I would argue that this mouse is 100% worth it and I would happily pay the price again and again. In terms of reliability, I have only enjoyed the privilege or using the Deathadder for about a week now, so I cannot really comment. Take the plunge and I assure you, you will not regret it :)

---UPDATE JUNE 2014---

After 10 months of heavy use, this mouse is still going strong! Everytime I use it, it is an absolute pleasure. I still concur that I would buy this mouse again if it was to break, as it is so nice to use. Still 100% recommended, I have no gripes or complaints! 5 STARS

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag..., 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I have been through loads of mice trying to find the right one for me and my large hands. The Deathadder seems to top polls of best gaming mice all of the time so I decided to give it a go. I picked up the 2013 version, it is certainly a nice looking mouse and the sensor is superb, the ergonomics are pretty nice and the chunky side buttons are easy to find in the heat of the moment. The grippy rubber on the sides is also a nice touch. So there's the good bits...

The Bad? This mouse is the cheapest feeling product I have ever owned, I have an old Gigabyte mouse that cost me £10 years ago and the build quality on that is miles ahead of the Deathadder, and it still works perfectly. I am writing this review the day my Deathadder 2013 has kicked the bucket (Scroll wheel has given up) but I'm not mad, I knew it wouldn't be long until it broke. If Razer are charging premium prices for this stuff, they need to seriously up the quality, because this just doesn't cut it compared to the competition. The next thing is the lack of buttons, I got used to dedicated DPI change buttons and I really missed this feature when I switched to the Deathadder. I am now back to using my Roccat Kone XTD. With its extra buttons and side clicking scroll wheel, it is far more functional than the Deathadder. It also feels like a nice premium product.

So, a mixed bag, if this mouse was £20, I'd recommend it to everybody, but at this price, for this quality? Well that's up to you guys. Personally for this kind of money I would recommend looking at the Corsair M65. I loved mine, it is a premium mouse with an excellent sensor and a build quality far out of reach of Razers current efforts. Not sure where I'll go from here, maybe Logitech G502, but I won't be buying a Razer product again unless things change, nice branding alone isn't enough. Disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, precise and ergonomic. This has replaced my Magic Mouse and Trackpad, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Before I start this, let me just say I'm not a gamer. I use a Mac at home along with all the gubbings. Trackpad, magic mouse, apple keyboard etc. But they have since been banished to the spares box. I never thought I'd use something so 'plastic' as my main mouse but it is simply excellent. Once you've got the sensitivity settings configured for your needs, it's simply the only mouse you'd want to use. It is as described a right handed ergonomic mouse. Very comfortable with a relaxed grip. I've not tried any other Razer mice but if they're anything like this, give them a go. I also bought the Razer Sphex mouse mat to go with it and they're a great pairing.

If I had a gripe, I'd have to say the build quality could be better but this would probably add to the weight. I ordered a 2nd mouse for work to use with my Windows PC and the quality was poor. Noisy scroll wheel & the feel and touch was off. It seemed pre-used. Plus, the surface had a scratch which allowed the LED light to emit through it. But great service from Amazon as always and I received my replacement the next day.

Oh..a second gripe is that the Synapse software saves your settings in the cloud. If you plan on using this at work, check with your IT dept if they allow 3rd party software to be installed and if it can get out to the cloud through your corporate internet proxy server. You'll need it to configure the sensitivity levels. I'm still working on a hack to allow the software to access the web from my corporate network..

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacing the Microsoft Intellimouse 2.0, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
With my new laptop experiencing serial difficulties with Bluetooth connections, I decided it was time to replace my much loved Microsoft Intellimouse 2.0. With Microsoft having replaced that model at least four times, and now not making anything similar at all, that proved quite difficult.

Eventually, I decided to plumb for this mouse and I think I probably made the right choice, even if it's not perfect. Use of a pair of vernier callipers tells me that this mouse has the exact same dimensions as my old one but it feels smaller. I suspect this may be due to the subtly different shape, with my little finger splayed more. It is also, of course, lighter than my old mouse since it doesn't contain any batteries. I have to say that I actually miss that weight but I suspect I'm probably in a minority in liking my tools to have a bit of weight behind them.

The five button layout is familiar from my old mouse but I do miss the sideways scroll feature of the middle button on the Intellimouse. Although this mouse can be used in a plug and play way it's also possible to download configuration software (Razer Synapse) from the manufacturer's website. Sadly this can't add the sideways scrolling function that I miss but it does at least allow me to turn off the obnoxious glowing light.

Overall, this feels like a fairly well made peripheral and it's to be recommended to anyone wanting an ergonomic mouse that doesn't need all of the macro buttons present on many 'gaming' mice (I do feel like the big manufacturers are ignoring a sizeable market here). Unfortunately, if you need your mouse to be wireless then you'll need to keep looking further but this is at least unobtrusive (or can be made to be so after downloading that configuration software).

2.0 out of 5 stars One of the most grossly overrated products on the internet., 13 Oct 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
One of the most grossly overrated products on the internet.

This mouse is truly average for gaming mouse. Why does it have a less than average score? Because right now it costs £50 and you can get something just as good for £25 - 30.

Size:
The mouse is incredibly small compared to other gaming mice - right now I am using the Logitech G500s and I would say the Deathadder is only about 75% the size of it. As someone who likes to rest their whole hand on a mouse, this is impossible with the Deathadder (average build 23yo male).

Software:
The software is pretty annoying and you have to make an account to get the drivers, which is a pet hate of mine.
I like Razer generally and I have a Razer mousemat. The software with the Deathadder lets you configure to your mousemat... Makes no difference at all.

Build:
This mouse is SO LIGHT which doesn't suit my personal play style at all. I like to use a high DPI with a heavy mouse so it is easier to control more minute movements. Otherwise, the quality of materials is quite good - best part of the mouse.

While my dislike for this mouse is partly personal preference, it is impossible to deny that this is overpriced, even if the mouse is exactly what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've owned 10/10, 25 Aug 2014
Watson (Nottinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Best mouse ever, I immediately loved this mouse not only for its great feel but for the response and excellent features. First of all the mouse doesn't pick up dirt and grime remaining visibly clean. The design is great not being covered with hundreds of buttons and looking just over the top like some high end ones. I play some games like league of legends for which the mouse is very accommodating for. There are two side buttons useful for binding your wards on or item actives :P without overbearing you with buttons.

The click is also very crisp and the feel of the mouse is nice for your hand. My hands are relatively small though but im sure it would be right for any hand shape within reason. A simple design with top technology. Had it for several months now no problems at all what so ever. The price is amazing for what you get. Looks wise it looks a handsome mouse the green symbol you see glows off and on and the cable going to the usb port is of good quality covered with some sort of fabric material which seems less impervious to cuts than a rubber counter part. The cable is a sensible length not to long, not too short. They seem to have thought of everything.

Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse