5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the price.
I bought this 'Razer Deathadder 2013' in 17 Sep 2013. So far there are no problems with the mouse, literally nothing that has bugged me.

Published 9 months ago by Alvis

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but nowhere near nice enough for the price.
I've been looking for a gaming mouse to replace my ageing Logitech MX518 for a while and figured I'd take the plunge and try out my first Razer product.

The mouse is nice enough to hold (although the body plastic feels a little cheap), the sofware (Synapse 2.0) is decent and the sensitivity has been better and more adaptable than previous mice I've had for...
Published 9 months ago by James Arkle

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the price., 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)

The first day I got the mouse it took me around 2 days to get used to the shape, and when you do you really have a slight advantage over others. Within the box you get a disk which includes the 'Razer Synapse 2.0' where you can change your DPI settings from 100 to 6400. You can also switch off the lights from the program, and you can optimize your mouse for which mousepad it uses, ofcourse it has to be some sort of a razer mousepad.

I would definitely recommend this product, worth the price and is well built. It is strong. I have dropped it a few times and it is still going like it's new.

Pros:

Awesome 'click'
Very comfortable
Very smooth
Accurate
A lot of settings
2 buttons

Cons:

Right handed mouse (sorry left handers)
You will take 1 - 2 days to get used to the shape

This product is worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. The best gaming mouse and long-term investment for your PC., 6 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Hands down, the Razer Deathadder 2013 = the best multimedia mouse, I have ever used, and is not only optimal for gaming.

The reason I bought this mouse is because the cheap 10 mouse from Gigabyte after a few months decided to give up the use of of one of its thumb buttons and the sensitivity was not customisable enough for my liking.

This is the first Razer product I have ever bought. For the high, but surprisingly affordable price tag (considering all the other expensive gaming mice available), I expected a quality, premium product. I was not let down and it surpassed my high expectations by a long way. From the packaging, to the robust plastic unique material of the mouse itself, Razer justifies its premium brand selling point. As soon as I laid my right hand on the mouse (it is designed for a rightie, but I have tried and can be used with surprising comfort with a left hand) it fitted my hand - to use the cliche simile - like a glove. I have never experienced this level of instant comfort and relaxation of the hand muscles with any other mouse. The thumb buttons are, like the mouse as a whole, larger than most mice out there which is ideal for me because I hate small mice with midget sized buttons. The act of clicking has a perfect balanced feel of sensitivity and resistance. The mouse wheel is rubberized (and does not make a scratchy sound like some mice) like the two grips either side of the mouse and reinforce your grip on the device, which is most noticable while playing games. On the gaming side, performance in FPS games in particular have been massively more comfortable and successful in-game. It says in the description on the Razer website that it is designed for a palm grip (resting all the surface area of your palm and fingers on the mouse) however, I have often used a claw and fingertip grip equally as comfortably. I often change my grip as I go depending on the task. Lastly, this is an optical mouse, not a laser one, which is what I prefer after experiencing the superior accuracy and control of optical mice (yes the technology is older, but it is better in most gamers' opinions). Laser mice have in-built acceleration which does not result in a raw mouse input.

Now getting down to the Razer-exclusive features which really make this product worth the money. The device supports Razer's official native software Synapse 2.0 which you can download easily off their website. It comes with a bunch of very powerful customisable options to enable the user to personalise the mouse to their own taste, and all in an attractive user-friendly interface. Some options include the precision senstitivity adjustment slider, the lighting menu to switch off/on any of the two lights on the mouse, the mouse mat calibration option and the ability to map any of the buttons to a key function on the keyboard or in my case, use a thumb button as a sensitivity clutch (which is extremely useful in FPS games), just to name a few.

There is not much more to the mouse other than that, which is what I love about the mouse. It is not an overtly 'pimped' gaming mouse (to the point where if you turn off both the lights, it looks like an ordinary ergonomic mouse). So you can use it in public places or in the company of friends without being perceived as the stereotypical gaming nerd. I love the low-profile subtle design, but at the same time it is a beautiful device and enhances the look of your PC instantly. The cable is extremely high quality, boasting a braided cable and gold plated USB plug.

This is the kind of product which you can reliably say that, in the absence of any human carelessness such as dropping the mouse or spilling water on it, it will last a lifetime. This is true with most premium products and in this sense, even though you may pay a bit more in the short-term to BUY the device, you will SAVE money in the long-term by not having to continue buying replacements because of it breaking or becoming faulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beastly mouse, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
This mouse... It is something else... I mean... Right, I don't mean to joke or anything when I say this but:
Don't be thinking this mouse will feel cheap (the image may suggest so if you've never used one), the mouse has a lovely weight to it and it has an awesome surface.

Performance?

I went from Razer Abyssus (mirror) to this Deathadder 2013, and I've been destroying people on Battlefield now :D It is not even funny (from 10%-11% accuracy to 16% -> 23% area).

Notes:
If you're currently using a mouse which has a boat'esque ( [front____back_/ <-- like that) shaped rear end (facing your palm) that means your mouse "hop" pivot will feel a bit awkward as the Deathadder has a tail sort of thing going on, within one day you should be used to it.

Now onto the important part: The click.

When I clicked it for the first time, it felt so good; my girlfriend was blown through the wall and the aftershock was felt in Madagascar. It's pretty damn nice.

Note about the seller:
Thee seller of this item is the Amazon Parcel God "Bubblewrapittus" him/herself. Not even a microbe had landed on the box containing the mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
No need to go in depth on this review;

This mouse fits your hand perfectly, and that is an understatement. You get the improved version of the mouse, meaning it has a new improved surface plus rubber side grips. Doesn't sound amazing? I've tried out the previous version of this mouse, and this blows it out the water.

It's Razer, so you know you're going to get awesome looking packaging and an awesome looking product. How does it look? I bought the Deathadder for its functionality and ergonomics as opposed to its looks, but even so, its looks gorgeous. There is backlighting on both the scroll wheel and Razer logo, both of which can be turned off if it suits you so via Synapse 2.0 (more about that in a minute). Personally, I like to be able to see where my mouse is when I play in the dark, and its look flipping awesome.

Snyapse 2.0: This is the software that pairs up with Razer devices and peripherals in order to optimise their use. Let me say first off: IT IS OPTIONAL. You can use the mouse offline or just plug-and-play. Many other people resent or dislike the software for various reasons, so let me repeat: if you don't like/want it, don't install/use it. Personally I like it, as it lets you change your DPI settings, Polling rate (i've yet to find out what that actually does) and record and dictate macros to the buttons on your mouse. There is also extra features e.g. you can calibrate your mouse to work with a Razer mousemat. Myself, I have the Goliathus Speed, and setting them up to work together took less than a second, so props to that!

Final say: most ergonomic mouse I have ever touched. At the end of the day, its a 50 mouse, so you have to be a keen PC user or Gamer to justify the price, and justify it you will! Razer has a reputation for being 'overpriced' and 'flashy', but I would argue that this mouse is 100% worth it and I would happily pay the price again and again. In terms of reliability, I have only enjoyed the privilege or using the Deathadder for about a week now, so I cannot really comment. Take the plunge and I assure you, you will not regret it :)

---UPDATE JUNE 2014---

After 10 months of heavy use, this mouse is still going strong! Everytime I use it, it is an absolute pleasure. I still concur that I would buy this mouse again if it was to break, as it is so nice to use. Still 100% recommended, I have no gripes or complaints! 5 STARS

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've owned 10/10, 25 Aug 2014
Watson (Nottinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Best mouse ever, I immediately loved this mouse not only for its great feel but for the response and excellent features. First of all the mouse doesn't pick up dirt and grime remaining visibly clean. The design is great not being covered with hundreds of buttons and looking just over the top like some high end ones. I play some games like league of legends for which the mouse is very accommodating for. There are two side buttons useful for binding your wards on or item actives :P without overbearing you with buttons.

The click is also very crisp and the feel of the mouse is nice for your hand. My hands are relatively small though but im sure it would be right for any hand shape within reason. A simple design with top technology. Had it for several months now no problems at all what so ever. The price is amazing for what you get. Looks wise it looks a handsome mouse the green symbol you see glows off and on and the cable going to the usb port is of good quality covered with some sort of fabric material which seems less impervious to cuts than a rubber counter part. The cable is a sensible length not to long, not too short. They seem to have thought of everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars which unfortunately died a painful death after several years of loyal service and the ..., 18 Aug 2014
J. Perryman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this to replace my previous Deathadder, which unfortunately died a painful death after several years of loyal service and the new model feels remarkably similar. The tactile feedback on the buttons is great, it's accurate and overall it feels very ergonomic.
I have pretty huge hands (oversized bear claws) and most gaming mice tend to leave me a bit sore after several hours of play, but I've had the Deathadder for a couple of weeks now and I have yet to experience any wrist cramp or a sore clicky finger (that's the technical term).

I do a lot of gaming (and I mean *a lot*), everything from FPS to simulators and RTS and the Deathadder performs admirably no matter what I throw at it. It never ever lags, even when elbow deep in of the most adrenalin fuelled twitch shooters.

I can't see myself ever switching from Deathadders. True, they are a bit on the expensive side, but as far as gaming mice go the build quality is unmatched, in my humble opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, have been using deathadder from 2007. Why here is so expensive, for the same price I can buy 3, 3 Sep 2014
Great month

I have used deathadder for 7 years now.

Do not understand why it is so expensive here.

I normally buy from the largest IT retail website in China, www.jd.com.

I can buy two 6400dpi deathadder for less than 45.

I can buy four 1800dpi 2014 deathadder for less than 48.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was then shown how amazing the Razer Tiamat 7, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
at first I was not a believer in anything Razer....

I was then shown how amazing the Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset was and I brought one. I love it, I will buy the next version, and I will never change headset again if I can help it.

Then I was shown how amazing the Razer Blackwidow was and replaced my G19 with a Blackwidow. Again I wont be going back any time soon.

Now my mouse broke has broken, I was a faithful R.A.T 7 user for the last 4 years and I love that mouse! but I thought id give Razer a try and its incredible, It feels so light in my hand, I have ultimate control and I didn't think that a light mouse was any good for me, and I loved being able to change the weight in the R.A.T 7 but now I see It really does not need changing. Its just so accurate. It fills my hand and its really increased the accuracy of my shots on bf4.

Get one, you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deathadder 2013, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I bought the Razer Deathadder when I felt my, then, current gaming mouse, Gigabyte Sim, was on its way out. I researched the mice I was considering, including the Mad Catz R.A.T 9, and posted online forums for help. In the end Deathadder it was. And I was not disapointed,
The packaging is fantastic when it arrives and the feel of the mouse in your hands is outstanding, this FEELS like a premium product because it is a premium product,
Size wise the mouse id very comfortable and I do not have massive hands, the scroll wheel and Razer logo glow green, and this cannot be changed to another colour if your current rig is perhaps tuned to blue as mine is. However this does not detract from this mouse being a great piece of kit.
The optics must be a step up here vs the aging Gigabtye as my accuracy in FPS, like Battlefield, increased from the first game using the Deathadder.

My honest advice on this is 10/10 a superb gaming mouse and a great addition to any PC gamers rig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Quality, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I owned the older deathadder for a number of years and decided I had to replace it, being so happy with that I naturally ordered the latest deathadder and expected pretty much what I had before, but i was very wrong....

The latest model absolutely blew me away, the weight, the feel, the grips, the cord, the wheel etc etc everything about this mouse is utter class and it looks sexy too. It glides over the mousemat so smoothly it is an absolute pleasure to use.

If you are wondering wether or not to buy this mouse please dont hesistate, I can guarantee you will not be dissapointed.

Typical razer product , it just oozes quality, even down to the packaging!

Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse