5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the price.
I bought this 'Razer Deathadder 2013' in 17 Sep 2013. So far there are no problems with the mouse, literally nothing that has bugged me.

Published 18 months ago by Alvis

3.0 out of 5 stars The cons not mentioned
Like you, I myself, looked through numerous written and video reviews to try and find possible negatives about this mouse that could affect me. But none really looked into the negatives in detail.

I am very picky about my mouse, esp for FPS gaming and in order for me to consider it I must see it has comfort and accuracy.
Therefore, I narrowed down my...
Published 16 months ago by J Hoolin

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the price., 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)

The first day I got the mouse it took me around 2 days to get used to the shape, and when you do you really have a slight advantage over others. Within the box you get a disk which includes the 'Razer Synapse 2.0' where you can change your DPI settings from 100 to 6400. You can also switch off the lights from the program, and you can optimize your mouse for which mousepad it uses, ofcourse it has to be some sort of a razer mousepad.

I would definitely recommend this product, worth the price and is well built. It is strong. I have dropped it a few times and it is still going like it's new.

Pros:

Awesome 'click'
Very comfortable
Very smooth
Accurate
A lot of settings
2 buttons

Cons:

Right handed mouse (sorry left handers)
You will take 1 - 2 days to get used to the shape

This product is worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beastly mouse, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
This mouse... It is something else... I mean... Right, I don't mean to joke or anything when I say this but:
Don't be thinking this mouse will feel cheap (the image may suggest so if you've never used one), the mouse has a lovely weight to it and it has an awesome surface.

Performance?

I went from Razer Abyssus (mirror) to this Deathadder 2013, and I've been destroying people on Battlefield now :D It is not even funny (from 10%-11% accuracy to 16% -> 23% area).

Notes:
If you're currently using a mouse which has a boat'esque ( [front____back_/ <-- like that) shaped rear end (facing your palm) that means your mouse "hop" pivot will feel a bit awkward as the Deathadder has a tail sort of thing going on, within one day you should be used to it.

Now onto the important part: The click.

When I clicked it for the first time, it felt so good; my girlfriend was blown through the wall and the aftershock was felt in Madagascar. It's pretty damn nice.

Note about the seller:
Thee seller of this item is the Amazon Parcel God "Bubblewrapittus" him/herself. Not even a microbe had landed on the box containing the mouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, precise and ergonomic. This has replaced my Magic Mouse and Trackpad, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Before I start this, let me just say I'm not a gamer. I use a Mac at home along with all the gubbings. Trackpad, magic mouse, apple keyboard etc. But they have since been banished to the spares box. I never thought I'd use something so 'plastic' as my main mouse but it is simply excellent. Once you've got the sensitivity settings configured for your needs, it's simply the only mouse you'd want to use. It is as described a right handed ergonomic mouse. Very comfortable with a relaxed grip. I've not tried any other Razer mice but if they're anything like this, give them a go. I also bought the Razer Sphex mouse mat to go with it and they're a great pairing.

If I had a gripe, I'd have to say the build quality could be better but this would probably add to the weight. I ordered a 2nd mouse for work to use with my Windows PC and the quality was poor. Noisy scroll wheel & the feel and touch was off. It seemed pre-used. Plus, the surface had a scratch which allowed the LED light to emit through it. But great service from Amazon as always and I received my replacement the next day.

Oh..a second gripe is that the Synapse software saves your settings in the cloud. If you plan on using this at work, check with your IT dept if they allow 3rd party software to be installed and if it can get out to the cloud through your corporate internet proxy server. You'll need it to configure the sensitivity levels. I'm still working on a hack to allow the software to access the web from my corporate network..

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. The best gaming mouse and long-term investment for your PC., 6 April 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Hands down, the Razer Deathadder 2013 = the best multimedia mouse, I have ever used, and is not only optimal for gaming.

The reason I bought this mouse is because the cheap £10 mouse from Gigabyte after a few months decided to give up the use of of one of its thumb buttons and the sensitivity was not customisable enough for my liking.

This is the first Razer product I have ever bought. For the high, but surprisingly affordable price tag (considering all the other expensive gaming mice available), I expected a quality, premium product. I was not let down and it surpassed my high expectations by a long way. From the packaging, to the robust plastic unique material of the mouse itself, Razer justifies its premium brand selling point. As soon as I laid my right hand on the mouse (it is designed for a rightie, but I have tried and can be used with surprising comfort with a left hand) it fitted my hand - to use the cliche simile - like a glove. I have never experienced this level of instant comfort and relaxation of the hand muscles with any other mouse. The thumb buttons are, like the mouse as a whole, larger than most mice out there which is ideal for me because I hate small mice with midget sized buttons. The act of clicking has a perfect balanced feel of sensitivity and resistance. The mouse wheel is rubberized (and does not make a scratchy sound like some mice) like the two grips either side of the mouse and reinforce your grip on the device, which is most noticable while playing games. On the gaming side, performance in FPS games in particular have been massively more comfortable and successful in-game. It says in the description on the Razer website that it is designed for a palm grip (resting all the surface area of your palm and fingers on the mouse) however, I have often used a claw and fingertip grip equally as comfortably. I often change my grip as I go depending on the task. Lastly, this is an optical mouse, not a laser one, which is what I prefer after experiencing the superior accuracy and control of optical mice (yes the technology is older, but it is better in most gamers' opinions). Laser mice have in-built acceleration which does not result in a raw mouse input.

Now getting down to the Razer-exclusive features which really make this product worth the money. The device supports Razer's official native software Synapse 2.0 which you can download easily off their website. It comes with a bunch of very powerful customisable options to enable the user to personalise the mouse to their own taste, and all in an attractive user-friendly interface. Some options include the precision senstitivity adjustment slider, the lighting menu to switch off/on any of the two lights on the mouse, the mouse mat calibration option and the ability to map any of the buttons to a key function on the keyboard or in my case, use a thumb button as a sensitivity clutch (which is extremely useful in FPS games), just to name a few.

There is not much more to the mouse other than that, which is what I love about the mouse. It is not an overtly 'pimped' gaming mouse (to the point where if you turn off both the lights, it looks like an ordinary ergonomic mouse). So you can use it in public places or in the company of friends without being perceived as the stereotypical gaming nerd. I love the low-profile subtle design, but at the same time it is a beautiful device and enhances the look of your PC instantly. The cable is extremely high quality, boasting a braided cable and gold plated USB plug.

This is the kind of product which you can reliably say that, in the absence of any human carelessness such as dropping the mouse or spilling water on it, it will last a lifetime. This is true with most premium products and in this sense, even though you may pay a bit more in the short-term to BUY the device, you will SAVE money in the long-term by not having to continue buying replacements because of it breaking or becoming faulty.

3.0 out of 5 stars The cons not mentioned, 23 Jan. 2014
J Hoolin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)

Therefore, I narrowed down my choices to optical mouses. Mouses with optical sensors are essential for building muscle memory in fps games because there is no acceleration. This principle applies to entry level player all the way up to the pros.
Since the Avago S3988 optical sensor in the Razer DA13 is one of the best out there I'll move on to the comfort.

The mouse has a unique shape that will require users with no previous experience of the Razer DA lineup a day or two to adjust to. I don't feel it is suitable for palm grip but claw and finger tip users will feel fine. Full palm grip users will probably need to adjust to a hybrid between the palm and claw.

Secondly, the mouse feet are very small (see customer image) thus it does not produce a smooth glide. You will notice it straight away if you never used Razer DA lineups before because no other gaming mouse on the market have mouse feet as small as these.

Finally, there is no on-board memory. It is very inconvenient thus uncomfortable in a different way. Other decent gaming mouse brands (even budget brands) offer on-board memory with 5 custom profiles as standard.

Below are imperfections I had not related to performance.

1) Mouse shell/casing: Feels brittle thus not the best plastic.
2) Scroll wheel: Squeaky when scrolled up.
3) Scroll wheel: LED not symmetrical. I.e, thick LED stripe on right side and thin LED stripe on left side. I tried pushing the rubber more to the right but no luck. It was a bad cut out of the scroll wheel.
4) Scroll wheel: Very dim LED even in the dark. It was more like a weak Tritium illumination like those used in dive watches that light up in the dark but even darker.

If Razer asked me how to improve the DA13 I will give them 3 points.
On-board memory, two extra buttons before scroll wheel for dpi etc and bigger teflon/PTFE feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Mouse, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Hands down. This is probably the best mouse I've used in my life. I was always more of a Logitech fan but this mouse is changing my mind. I'm not really a gamer although I do play games from time to time. As a digital designer, I got this mouse purely for my work.

This mouse should be coupled with a decent mouse mat to fully enjoy it. Yes, it does track on my table and I'm sure it would track on your's too but it's a lot easier to glide it if you have a decent mat. I got a Steelseries QCK mouse mat since I read online that it works really well with Deathadder and you know what, it does!

Overall the Razer Deathadder has a good build quality and it feels solid in my hand. The pulsing green Razer logo is a nice touch too. Before buying, I thought that it might be a bit too bright for my liking but it just nice, subtle and makes it easier to grab the mouse if it's dark in your room.

P.S I don't tend to leave reviews but this time I really wanted to show my appreciation to Razer.
If you're in doubt, don't be! Get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse; poor Mac software, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I love the look and feel of this mouse. I bought it because I wanted something better than the Magic Mouse for gaming on my Mac, and this is better in every way for that. In fact, it's just become my regular mouse, though I do miss the touch features of the MM.

I also like the amount of options there are in the settings app, 'Razer Synapse 2.0', but this is also the major downside to this mouse (for me):

You NEED to run this software, it REQUIRES that you create an account and it is UGLY as sin.

Even the little menu bar icon stands out too much: It's too large and neon green. The app itself is clearly designed for l33t Windows gamerz who would buy a mouse called a 'Death Adder' in the first place, so perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised. It also wants to update itself regularly, like all good Windows apps.

Honestly, I put this app out of my mind and I'm okay with it, but if I had known that this was a part of the deal before I bought the mouse I may have tried another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great investment for your computer., 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this as an upgrade to my previous mouse, I was sceptical about this due to the price but, I decided to go with it anyway hoping not to regret it.
Started using it straight away once it arrived and I have to say the quality is really good, the shell is very smooth and comfortable while in your hand the 2 buttons on the side are really handy if you are as lazy as me when on the internet to get back a back you just click on of the buttons. The reaction and speed of the mouse is really good for the fps games, but it also has a lot of control even with the speed. The mouse wheel is silent when scrolling down but when you are scrolling up it makes a sneaking noise, but I'm not to bothered about that.
Overall it is a fantastic product from Razer. Money well spent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not live up to the legends. "God tier" my ass., 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Disappointed. Mouse feet have come off and absolutely no help from Razer. New Teflon feet cost £20 to buy and get shipped over. Had to buy teflon tape and super glue it to the bottom of the mouse.

The software is disgraceful, there should be no need whatsoever for me to connect to the internet every time I want to use the mouse. It keeps resetting itself and giving me 2000DPI with maxiumum acceleration.

Utterly appalled at this mouse.

On a personal level, I find the mouse a little on the large size and it's not very comfortable for those that prefer a claw grip (which I find gives me slightly better control over my click timing). I also feel like the throw of the click is a little on the long side.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, poor build quality., 19 April 2015
A. J. Wheadon "wheadna" (Winchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
For a ~£50 mouse, the first thing that struck me upon opening the box was how cheap it felt. It fits nicely in my hand and is light and responsive, but the rubber grips on either side don't sit flush with the curve of the mouse, and so constantly threaten to start peeling away if they get caught. The same goes for the buttons themselves, which sit on top of the mouse rather than within it. Given how weak the plastic feels, I could see the entire button breaking if one was unfortunate enough to get something stuck underneath it. Luckily this has not happened yet. Additionally the lack of a side scroll on the wheel is a bit of a disappointment. None of these would really matter all that much, but given the cost of the mouse I would expect better build quality.
These concerns were recently realised when, after less than a year of ownership the mouse fell off my desk and immediately ceased working. It was not a particularly hard drop, and as someone for whom this it a relatively recent occurrence I have never had a mouse break from being dropped before.
The good news is that while it worked, it was a very good mouse. It took a while to get used to the size (it is rather big), but once I had I found its accuracy and ease of use greater than other gaming mice I have tried and the side buttons are very well placed and easy to hit. The software is decent enough for setting it up, though I have occasionally had to disable it due to it seeming to be incompatible with certain applications.
Purely as a mouse, there is an awful lot to recommend it, but it confirmed my worries about the durability of Razer products (I have several friends who have all ceased using them due to their short lifespan), and I would certainly say it is a bad use of money for anyone who is concerned about that.

Razer Deathadder Ergonomic Gaming Mouse