5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
This digital photo frame is just perfect - fantastic clarity - easy to use, just put all your pictures on an SD card and insert - so simple. Love the fact that I can either have slide shows but these become additive to watch or choose a different photo for a different day.
Published 13 months ago by Fi Fi

3.0 out of 5 stars Very poor instructions, rather limited modes
Published 7 months ago by emmcol

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 1 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars perfecto photo frame, 25 Jun. 2013
very stylish and holds a remarkable amount of photos. She loved it,a terrific surprise gift that got me mega points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Photo Frame, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Koolertron 8 Inch LCD Widescreen (4:3) Digital Photo Frame Video Player Music Player HD 800*600 High Resolution SD/MMC/MS - USB Slots (White) as Xmas Birthday Gift (Electronics)
I was looking for a replacement for my digital photo frame which had stopped working. I particularly wanted a frame that takes what I would call normal size photos with a ratio of 4:3, as opposed to the previous frame I had which was widescreen and the photos had to be "trimmed" to fit as I did not want black bars at the top and bottom. I found this frame and thought it sounded good. It was quite a bit more expensive than I had intended to pay but it's definitely worth paying more as the quality is just fantastic and far superior to my previous frame. I haven't yet tried out all the functions as I just wanted a photo frame that plays photos in order so I cannot comment on the sound quality etc. As well as the size of the photos, the quality was my number one priority and the pictures on this are the best I have seen on a digital photo frame. I have my photos on an SD card which is then inserted into the frame and stays in the frame but there is an internal memory as well. I have about 200 quite large resolution photos on the card which still has plenty of space to add more. The only thing I did change on the frame was the transition function so that the photos just fade in and out as I didn't want any fancy or weird transitions such as pixilations or curtains opening or closing. But that's just a personal choice. I have had this frame for a couple of weeks now and I’m very happy with it and would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 1 Jan. 2014
Given as a gift for christmas, they are very impressed with all the functions that it does and the quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars 50th anniversary, 29 April 2014
I bought this as a 50th anniversary gift for my sister and husband along with a usb memory stick which I put family photographs through the years. It was very easy to set up the clock/calendar etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but very basic, 29 Aug. 2014
Positives- easy to use, bright and rather high resolution screen, easy set up although poor instructions.
Easy to load photos onto the SD card, no formatting is required. Remember to load them in the order that you want them to be displayed.

Negatives- rather cheap looking Chinese product with NO random slideshow option. The photos are kept being displayed in the same order. There is only a random option for the photo transition.
The buttons for the remote are difficult to press for an older person (I got this for my 74 year old mother).

Overall, good for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 25 Feb. 2014
I bought a sandstrom one before Christmas and it worked for all of 2 minutes before breaking. This one... spot on. Perfect. Lovely screen, easy set up. Strongly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture Frame, 1 Feb. 2014
I had no clue to the type of picture quality I would expect for a electronic picture frame, I Looked at different reviews for different products and this one had no bad reviews. when I got the frame and viewed the pictures I was very impressed with the quality, I tried some of the features, like the movie player, as long as the movie was taken by a decent camera or camcorder the picture quality is fine, but I cant say that the sound is high quality, although its not bad as you wouldn't be watching a long movie, It could just be however because I was playing videos from a camera and the microphone on cameras are not great.

I didn't give this a five star because of the sound quality, however I am comparing it against a Tablet and the movies I viewed were taken from a camera. I would say if you buy this you wont be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very poor instructions, rather limited modes, 11 Jun. 2014
It took me hours to work out why the device was squeezing vertical format photos into horizontal format (or vice versa if the device were the other way round). This can be avoided, but the instructions don't tell you how, and it's not the default. And you have a slide show running and want to enter Set Up? Guess what button you press? I still haven't worked out why some photos zoom in (automatically) and others don't. Doubtless this can be altered too, but don't bother to consult the instructions.
Also I would have thought that 3:2 photos (which all mine are) would be displayed with black bars. They're not, they expand to fill the picture, so you lose the ends or edges.
The display itself is excellent, provided you look straight at it. There's not much leeway.
Pity there's no random-play slideshow.
If you have a number of folders on your USB stick (and presumably on your memory card, which I don't use), you can't tell the thing to stick to specific folders. So on your USB stick you may have a folder of pics of your children, which you want everyone to see, and another of racy pics of your wife, which you don't want everyone to see. Beware: the frame will play them all. And you can't stop it, except by removing the folder.

Edit:
I have now discovered that you CAN select one folder. But how to do it? It's surreal. First of course you have to insert your USB stick. That means the thing will immediately start playing and if you do nothing, it will play everything on the stick. If you want to select one folder, guess what? You have to select 'Movie' (?!). That will get you a menu in which 'photos' is highlighted. You don't want that, you want 'files' which is only named when you select it (!!). But it's on the right. When you do select it, it will show you the folders. Select the one you want, then select the first picture on it, and it will give you a continuous slide show of this folder only. But there is absolutely nothing in the instructions to tell you this. I just found out by pressing buttons at random.

5.0 out of 5 stars capable little frame offering good value for money, 5 Jan. 2015
Bought this for my mother, it was easy to set up (trial and error mostly due to engrish manual), works a treat, images are clear and options like calendar, alarm and scheduled shut down/start up nice to have. It's not the best digital picture frame out there but for £45 it lets you find out if you want to spend more on a bigger better one later on. The remote makes it easier to set up and is a nice feature. She's very pleased with it and the usb stick option means she doesn't need a card reader added to her machine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›