5.0 out of 5 stars Quality of the sole is superior to othere karrimor
Reasonably waterproof with a long lasting sole. I wore through other karrimors in a matter of a few months. Not much grip on wet or icy pavements.
Published 9 months ago by C T

1.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor Shoes Supplied By Sports Direct
There is little that I could add to the existing reviews concerning the Karrimor product, I agree they are very good shoes the supplier Sports Direct that is a different matter.

I buy quite a lot of products from the Amazon site but please be warned by my experience not to use Sports Direct they are rubbish at responding when they make a mistake.

One...
Published 9 months ago by David J Hyde

1.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor Shoes Supplied By Sports Direct, 4 Nov 2013

One pair of Karrimor shoes supplied as part of my recent order from Sports Direct were the wrong size and I have contacted Sports Direct via the Amazon site a number of times but no reply, in the end I complained to Amazon and they have raised an A to Z safe buying guarantee claim for me but still I wait.

All I want to do is send back the wrong size shoes that they sent to me in error and obtain a refund is that to much to ask for?

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but..., 15 April 2011
Johnnybluetime - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I mostly walk about seven miles a day, about five miles in open country and a mile or so on stoney tracks and I've worn these in most conditions including rain,mud and snow.These are great lightweight walking boots, the lightest I've ever worn, and extremely comfortable, too, pretty much straight from the box and to top it all they're genuinely waterproof.This is because the use light, very soft leather and lightweight moulded soles and they're lined with Gore-Tex. Overall they are the lightest, most comfortable and most waterproof walking boots I've ever owned.So, those are the pluses and up to a week ago that would've been my five star review.

And then half the sole completely came away from the right boot.Thankfully (?) I'd only owned them for 6 months so they were still well within guarantee, but I was absolutely stunned when I got home from a walk and realised what had happened.I wouldn't have expected that from a pair of boots costing 30 quid, let along 130.They were returned to Brasher who exchanged them without quibble, but also without explanation and when I checked on the internet I realised why - my problem does not seem to have been unique.I've worn the new pair (straight from the box) for 2 days now and both uppers are cut and scratched, presumably from bramble or gorse, so that soft leather does have a trade-off.If the soles stay on I'd give these boots five stars, but unfortunately there does seem to be a quality control issue with some pairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality of the sole is superior to othere karrimor, 27 Nov 2013
C T (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 24 May 2013
R. T. Millichamp (Hereford) - See all my reviews
Purchased these trainers having tried them on in Sports direct, my normal shoe size is 9 UK but were too small and they didn't have 10 UK,so ordered from Amazon... perfect fit. They are bog standard style, have Vibram soles and are waterproof/breathable. Very comfortable and value for money.
These are my first Karrimor purchase, so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended excellent, 9 Feb 2013
L.C "@@" (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
Superb bit of walking kit in my opinion at a very reasonable price...Others have had a bad time but shoes are shoes are shoes...these are for the everyday rough and tumble I just want them to give me that pleasure not to make a fashion statement..well worth having.. The retailer delivered in excellent time and I would order from them again without hesitation

4.0 out of 5 stars Its comfortable, 26 Jun 2014
Its good for walking and comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 April 2014
Used on a job that saw me on my feet all day. Very comfortable from the off and quite smart looking. Heartily recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 Jun 2011
After reading the only other review on these boots I just had to write my own. Three stars for this product is just a joke as they are by far the best pair of walking boots i have ever owned. Firstly, by the end of this month (June 11') I will have owned my pair for 4 years and the soles are stillsolidly bonded to the rest of the boot and always had been. Secondly, OF COURSE your leather boots are going to get scratched if you walk through brambles, kick a rock (accidentally or otherwise) ect. My brashers have a couple of scratches on them the same as my leather CAT boots I use for street/fashionable wear.
So to the performance of the Brashers these boots are VERY comfortable, straight out of the box after purchase, I walked for an hour and ten minutes over the moors surrounding Bolton with only a very slight amount of rubbing for the last ten minutes or so. The next outing consisted of 1 1/2 hr walk with nothing but smiles - they were broken in and feeling like a slipper! The grip on the superlight sole deserves a mention as I think they handle wet mud exceptionally well, if you walk in the UK you'll know that's a big plus. Whilst grassy, stoney surfaces are handled with ease, honestly a solid footing has never been wearing my Brashers. As for the boots ability to keep your feet dry. I have sat with my feet dangling in a local fishing pond on numerous ocassions, I have walked through huge puddles and stood stationary in streams and never once has a single drop of water come close to entering my boots. Of course the depth of the water cannot be any greater than the top of the boot, I'm not suggesting they are magic. The high quality leather is helped out by a Gore-tex lining which will ensure you have dry socks for years and years to come.
Quality and comfort, if you hike/walk - buy these boots!

5.0 out of 5 stars size 11, 13 Aug 2014
great fit and comfort

4.0 out of 5 stars A good shoe, 10 Jun 2013
Bought for my husband who had had several pairs of Karrimor walking shoes before but not this style. He wasn't sure at first but after a week they are worn in and really comfy.