5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive, 30 Mar 2010
Mrs. L. M. King (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
A copy of this book was given to me when I started the implementation of a large project and I am very grateful for it - hence this review. I have rarely seen a book explain things so practically and I could imagine it being tremendously useful in a very wide range of situations. My opinion? Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best basic guide to Project Management I have read, 22 Feb 2010
This book is an excellent introduction to Project Management. It is simple, well laid out and can be digested in small chunks, exactly as you would wish to approach a project. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone wishing to develop an understanding of what project management is and how to go about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written book, 22 July 2013
This is a well written book that demystifies a lot of project management jargon and focuses on the essentials of delivering projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a Reference or Learning Aid, invaluable, 4 April 2013
This book is a concise easy to read guide to the essentials of Project Management. Richard's writing style is very personable. My girlfriend did an advanced diploma in Project Management a few years ago. I read all handouts/information provided my the college, including the recommended book which took around four pages to make one point. Myself and my girlfriend are agreed that all the principles of project management are covered here in a succinct and accessible manner. A book does not have to 500 long and jargon laden to be good.

Personally I found the book really helpful, I have completed a few projects without any formal training and subsequently read this book and it reaffirms all my beliefs. Now if I am working on a project and if I doubt myself in any moment I reference the book in my mind to ensure I am taking the right approach.

Project Management in its essence, is simple, for some people it comes naturally and can see things very clearly and others they need more formal training, whichever one you are you need to read the book, it has all you need as a quick reference or to help you understand Project Management, in a step by step approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Nov 2010
I found this to be immensely useful. It basically covers everything that you want from an introduction to project management. The templates supplied from the website are very good as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Project Managemnet step by step, 30 Oct 2009
A. Otter "Wambeast" (UK) - See all my reviews
A well written book starting at the basic level and working through a project using well thought out examples. building in complexity thorughout, an excellent choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, easy to follow, 8 Jan 2014
I thought this book was great. It's just the right amount of detail for anyone to pick up and has some great ideas in it. I found the flow of some of the material in the third section a little choppy, but not so much that it was confusing.

I think my only criticism was that the author only really used tables as planning tools - there are lots of other kinds of planning tools to use so it might have been nice to touch on some of those.

4.0 out of 5 stars I read it as my first book about project management and it gave me a good basis to then build up on with further reading ..., 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Project Management Step by Step: How to Plan and Manage a Highly Successful Project (Kindle Edition)
It's descriptive, but really sticks to the step by step approach and therefore fails to convey project management in real life. I read it as my first book about project management and it gave me a good basis to then build up on with further reading (possibly about project management but from different angles).

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain speaking book., 17 Jun 2014
Initially bought this book for a project management course I was doing. Although the price was extremely cheap I did not want to pay out for something that I might never use again. The book turned out to be a great asset, it laid things down in a simple way and made light work. I am so glad I did not pay out for the course recommended reading in this instance because this book pretty much covered what I needed.

Would I recommend the book... Absolutely. It was well worth the investment.

Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, fast delivery, 8 Jan 2014
Through Kindle the delivery was made immediately and the book is very interesting. I would recommend this seller and the book to.