on 14 December 2012
As I've been to Barbados many times,I was sceptical about getting
Definitive Barbados; after all, what could they tell me about the island I
love, but I was curious. I'd been a fan of the website for several years, so
it was only natural to check out their first eBook. Definitive Barbados
promotes itself as a companion that allows the visitor to make the most of
their holiday, so that's where I started. Once I got the hang of the links
and how they worked, it was easy to click on what interested me and see
where it took me, checking out restaurants, beaches, water sports, etc. This
guide is very thorough and led me to several surprisingly new places which
then leads you to various options for booking. Everything is in one place
and saves a lot of time.
The hotel section is vast and there's so much in-depth information on there
which gives you some of the best places.

What I liked most about this guide is that everything is in one place via
links from the Contents Page; so you've got amazing maps which you don't
need to fold up again (five stars for that) - and sincere recommendations of
places to eat at the touch of a button; it's with me all the time on my
Kindle so there's nothing more to carry and I can check where I am and where
I'm going as I travel. Good one to have if you're planning to visit
Barbados and most of all it does what it says on the tin!
on 17 December 2012
Got this book for my boyfriend and I to start planning our romantic getaway to Barbados for next year.

It is spot on in terms of content - from where to book a party boat to relaxing sun spots on the beach, it has everything. Lots of detail and hints and tips!

The most interesting read is the reviews on the bars and restaurants; one which sounds a must is the Piano bar. Hearing what others have written is always useful when making pre bookings and planning a rough itinerary for the duration. The download for Kindle/ebook is perfect as we can take it with us for hints and tips on the go....

Perfect gift for planning a trip or inspiring someone to take a trip!!
on 27 January 2013
My hubby and I recieved this guide as a Christmas gift before going to Barbados for New Year and I have to say we found it really useful. The maps alone made it much easier to navigate the Island in the car we hired and as relatively independant travellers the [what I would call] 'insider' stuff about the quietest beaches was fabulous.
Sure there is a ton of info on line about the Island but that's only any good if you know what you're looking for.
I for one spend enough time online everyday at work.. I don't want to have to trawl through stuff at home.
We found two wonderful B&B's and our new all time favourite restaurant right on the beach and all right in the palm of your hand.
I would recommend it to anyone.. especially if you've never been to Barbados before...
on 12 December 2012
There's so much content in this ebook, advice and details on hundreds of places to go and things to do and its so easy to get around it - the menus are really helpful, it's alost like an app. The reviews of bars and restaurants are really helpful helping you decide where to go depending on your mood at the time. It's really well written too, informative but not dry. Top marks!
on 2 February 2015
Poor content, lots of relevant information missing and the electronic version difficult to navigate. The paper version may have been a better option.
on 9 October 2014
Lots of helpful information to plan a trip to Barbados. Because it's on the kindle version it will be easy to access while away.