4.4 out of 5 stars1,288
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 7 September 2015
Good enjoyable fantasy. Far fetched enough to keep you enthralled throughout. very ' Gaiman'. the characters were full and felt known. Five stars for a happier ending for the main character who hadn't had a happy childhood but then I'm a romantic!
on 2 September 2015
It's been a long time since I read such a wonderful book. Took me back to many of the amazing fantasy stories of my childhood - 'The Owl Service' and 'Over Sea Under Stone' for example. So brilliant I am reading it out loud to my teenage children.
on 21 August 2015
I loved this book, it's been an age since a book has captured me as much as this, now I want to read everything Neil Gaiman has written, it's easy to read, but too old for a child and maybe too young for an adult, but I'm a grandma and loved it.
on 3 August 2015
It took me, a 75 year old, several pages to realise that I had bought a children's book. However, I always finish what I start, and quite enjoyed the tale of white witches and evil monsters. Not really for adults but I bet your kids will love it.
on 14 June 2014
Not what I would normally have picked to read but recommended by my school English department and I enjoyed it. Not a book for those who do not want to be left thinking. Husband didn't enjoy it which for me is another recommendation in itself.
on 13 November 2015
This book sums up the mind of an imaginative child with his special inner thoughts and adventures. The characters are beautifully rounded and believable - whether they existed only in his mind or not. It held my attention from start to finish.
on 30 August 2015
Neil Gaiman already has an unparalleled reputation as a prodigious talent in fantasy storymaking.
This original and evocative tale takes you along an absorbing journey in which you feel real participation.
I thoroughly recommend it.
on 18 August 2014
Another stunning book from Neil Gaiman, what more did you expect?

I've been a fan of Neil Gaiman most of my life, or at least since I read my first book as an early teenager. But it was The Graveyard Book that had me hooked. That book never fails to move me (the poem at the end gets me every time) and to be honest, I've never found another book that did the same thing.

The Ocean at the End of the Lane comes close though. I've never read an author that captures so clearly what it's like to be a child (I'm still young enough to remember, I would argue!) and the innocence of that short time period, and just what we lose when we move to adulthood.

Gripping, tragic, sad, happy, moving. I was a fan before I read this book and I'm a bigger fan now. Thanks for another great read Mr Gaiman.
on 7 August 2015
I am fairly new to this author and I must say I think his imagination is amazing. I enjoyed the story and found it intriguing but somehow felt a vague sense of unfinished business. I just wanted to know more about ... well everything really.
on 4 July 2013
Another wonderful story from the gifted pen of Neil Gaiman; beautifully written but certainly not a story for children alone. It has echoes of the fantastic Sandman comics stories and pulls and pushes at the emotions. Strongly recommended!