5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
An excellent book and much deeper and more engaging than you might otherwise assume. The characters are wonderful and I found myself very tied up in their lives. When I finished I even had a book hangover from the withdrawal, a superb summer read!
Published 14 months ago by Alex M

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I didn't like this book. Read about half of it then skimmed through the rest just to find out what happened at the end. And that was a massive disappointment. Most of the book I found unbelievable, Jo was a pain and I don't believe that Dean would ever have fallen for her. I have read Adele Parks books before and enjoyed them, but not this one, sorry.
Published 5 months ago by Beanie99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 6 July 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Kindle Edition)
I am going to keep this short and sweet because I don't want to reveal a single morsel of the plot, but please take my word for it as a die-hard Adele Parks fan that this really is one of her best books to date. I became hooked after someone lent me a battered copy of 'Playing Away' a few years ago and realised that I wasn't just reading any old chick-lit. Adele's books are raw, thrilling and always sensitively written and 'The State We're In' is no exception. Empathy with each and every character in the book, whether you like them or not, is simply impossible to avoid. I can't recommend this book highly enough. But when you've finished - please remember to #KeepTheSecret!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Kindle Edition)
5 stars because that is what this beautifully written book deserves. I loved all the characters. I literally could not put it down. Read it. No spoilers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Kindle Edition)
I stumbled on this book by chance and after reading many of the reviews decided to give it a try, I'm so glad I did. It was beautiful, such a well written and mesmerising story that I couldn't put it down and finished it in a few days. For anyone who likes to read about love I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best.., 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Paperback)
One of the best books I have ever read. I was genuinely gutted when I finished the book. An excellent plot throughout with lots of unexpected twists and turns. Finished it within a few days, too good to put down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Kindle Edition)
Loved it another great book from Adele parks she always leaves a final twist at the end I would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Kindle Edition)
Another great book by Adele Parks! Only negative was that it had to end. Already looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: The State We're In (Kindle Edition)
A great read with lots of twists and turns. Unpredictable and edgy. Difficult to put down a good holiday read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 15 April 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay....but not that amazing!, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: The State We're In (Kindle Edition)
This book just didn't sit right with me at all, I feel I've read a different book to the other reviewers. I found the characters totally unlikeable especially Jo who is spoilt, selfish and quite often ridiculous. I think this is actually Adele Parks' plan and you are then supposed to start to understand her and fall in love with her. Well I didn't, nor with any other of the 3 main characters, I started to a little with Dean....but not quite enough. The ending actually made me laugh, it was so forced and can't help thinking it was trying to match the oh so beautiful end to 'Me before you' but without Jojo Moyes' wonderful comedic and insightful writing it just didn't quite get there. Not for me.

The State We're In