4.0 out of 5 stars A trying trip through France
This book was a little tedious at the begining but then I gradually warmed to the family and sympthised with the wife.
Published 11 months ago by Mrs Christine D Pleasants

1.0 out of 5 stars Self indulgent rubbish
This had a 5 star rating - but wonder who would give it 5 stars (the author and mates?)
The world's not short of travelling round France books - and it didn't need this one.
It witters self indulgently on about the author, his wife and their two children doing nothing much in France,
other it would appear than trying to see how many freebies they can gain...
Published 5 months ago by Ella

4.0 out of 5 stars A trying trip through France, 1 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious and heart-warming, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Ben Hatch has a fantastic knack of capturing everyday family events with witty observation that strikes a chord with the reader.

I am happily recommending this book to everyone I know who has ever been on a family holiday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Road to Rouen, 28 Jan 2014
Miss J. Desler "Jan the reader" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
If you have read his earlier book about his trip around the UK I recommend this one. It may put you off taking a similar trip, or may decide you to copy it, but you are there with the Hatch family all the way. A few times I went past my station on the Underground because I was too engrossed which is the mark of a good read in my books (no pun intended).

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly suprised, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
I don't normally read travel guides however after being followed by Ben hatch on twitter I thought I better read his book. A very funny book about his own French holiday with a family. It did remind me of childhood holidays in France so I could relate to this book. The funniest bit was the last few chapters about euro Disney just as i imagined it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed out loud!, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Laugh out loud funny! Lots of situations to relate to - Smuggling food into Disney had whole family in stitches! Great read, thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly engaging, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Paperback)
A thoroughly entertaining book,charming and witty, I know it's a cliché but I really could not put it down. I could not recommend it more, and would urge you to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top read, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
Great easy reading, anybody who has been through the journey to France with a young family on a self drive holiday can relate, although I follow Ben hatch on twitter it's the first book of his I've read and was not disappointed and will not be the last of his I read either

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book: it made me laugh out loud. As others have said, it's the story of a family trip to France to research a travel guide, but it goes much further than the initial premise. I laughed so much my husband asked me not to take my kindle with us when we went out in case I embarrassed him with my guffawing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant foray into what it means to be a family, 28 July 2013
Mrs. R. L. Dove (wakefield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
After reading his first book, I could not wait to again delve into the world of Ben, Dinah Charlie and Phoebe. I was not disappointed. Sometimes raw with emotion, always big on laughs, this book highlights the issues most families face: work, money, kids, career all set to the backdrop of France.

In some parts it was like reading about my own family and our struggles, hopes and fears and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I look forward to seeing just what the Hatch family do next.

1.0 out of 5 stars Self indulgent rubbish, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
other it would appear than trying to see how many freebies they can gain (posing as having a 'guidebook' publishing contract - which they don't) while going down to a mate's wedding. The family comes over as a bunch of freeloaders - now trying to get you to further subsidise them by flogging you a load of self serving drivel.

Road to Rouen