Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 3 August 2014
I was expecting to find this book interesting and probably dip into it as bed time reading over a few nights. What an unexpected treat this book was! I actually couldn't put it down and read it into the wee small hours on a Saturday night! Reading this book is how you might imagine having a chat with Kate Humble would be! Warm, honest and entertaining! I do not have a TV and only vaguely remember her from the days of Animal Park so I bought this book on the merits of its subject matter alone and not her celebrity status! I was not disappointed and cannot recommend it enough. I hope she writes another!
on 2 April 2014
Living in the country with just two dogs and 6 hens plus a cockerel I was very keen to read this book. My idea of heaven would be to follow in Kate Humble's footsteps but, alas, money and age are against me! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about her exploits. It is so good to know that there are still people out there willing to carry on the old traditions, keeping them alive is vital. Her style of writing was so easy to read and yet very informative. Good luck Kate and Ludo. The book is a winner!
on 3 June 2013
I so enjoyed Kate's account of her (almost accidental) introduction to farming.Her love of animals and nature in general,her concern of the future for our beautiful planet was so real,and I imagine it was written straight from her heart.she is a beautiful women inside and out. I am sorry to have finished the book I wanted it to go on and on,please write another account of how you are succeeding with your venture as I know you will.
Alexandra Burgess ( Farmers Wife) Northamptonshire
on 6 November 2015
A good insightful narrative of the setting up of Kate and Ludo's enterprising farm venture.
The way Kate Humble tells the story is characteristic of her easy friendly style that comes across on screen however it flits lightly over some of the immensely tough core and engaging personality she must possess to have succeeded in bringing so many people together to make a going venture of the idea.
Thanks Kate, another book please ( when you have time!) .
on 19 June 2014
I bought this book believing it to be an autobiography of Kate Humble. This book is autobiographical but I was disappointed as it only detailed her farming attempts. It does not go into any details of her early upbringing or personal life. I did enjoy reading about her farm and how she developed it but I was disappointed overall.
on 10 December 2013
I purchased this book for my daughter who found herself in similar circumstances to Kate, brought up in the city and then moving to the country where the opportunity to purchase some acres arose and now has a menagerie of animals and meadows to make hay for fodder. I don't have feedback on the contents of the book so far.
on 8 June 2014
I have always liked Kate humble. She comes across on tv as such a nice person. Really enjoyed her book too and read it in 2 days. A great read, I want a farm!! It is very down to earth and she doesn't even mention all the amazing places she must visit on her presenting assignments. Read this book! Will make you smile.
on 25 November 2014
light book, much repetitive text and to be honest, it is rather boring!
on 19 April 2016
This book was a present for my wife which I have also now read. It is an enjoyable and entertaining book which brings out the personality of Kate and her love of nature. The ups and downs of setting up home on a Welsh farm as novices from London and their relationship with their neighbours.
on 7 December 2014
Really enjoyed this book from beginning to end. Would highly recommend. Hope kate keeps us up to date, but how she copes with all the tasks I don't know. Nice to know there are still people who care about animals and the environment.
Wishing her success in all her ventures
Sooey