on 7 April 2013
Good points: Small compact camera. Quick and easy to install, works well on my iPad2 and iPhone 3g. The picture quality is acceptable if viewing static objects.
Not so good: Very 'jerky' picture if there is a lot of movement.
More info: The Philips app allows 'free' unlimited viewing of the camera while using your home wi-fi. If out and about viewing is still unlimited but you are restricted to 5 minutes per view when using other wi-fi networks. You can pay for an up-grade if you want to increase your viewing time. You can also set up free alerts to notify you if there is any movement or sound. A nice iPad/iPhone 'toy' but it has its limitations and is expensive for what it is, if bought at full price!
on 7 June 2013
The InSight M100 is very straight forward to set up and connect to the App on an iPhone and/or Ipad. Just make sure you have a good strong wifi coverage in the location you are setting up. The quality of the footage is adequate in good light, and the sound quality is OK too.

I have been testing the Stem Izon as well, which is basically the same unit with different branding, and at a similar price. The Philips software and video storage however is MUCH better and without additional charge (unless you want a couple of extra features for which I have no need.)

The InSight automatically uploads and saves unlimited clips to your Dropbox for free, where you can view them or forward them at your leisure. (The Izon however limits you to just 25 video clips per day and if you fail to tell it to save them they automatically delete after 7 days! You can also only save a total of 100 clips to the stem cloud for free, and any more require you to subscribe)

So basically, InSight wins over Izon on several counts. (PS - I have no connection to either company!)
on 2 July 2014
Not at all impressed. Initially there were constant issues because it would not upload videos to dropbox as advertised. Then it transpired that there was a problem with the software/ app and dropbox. It took weeks for Philips to resolve this, but with minimal advice from that there was actually an issue. I had to scour websites and forums to find out. The support is best described as minimal, crap or disinterested.

I've had a constant issue where the camera goes offline, so is redundant unless you actually switch it off and on physically. Which defeats the object of having a camera you can see while away from home.

I've had NO advice from Philips on this problem, apart from a sparse 'have you updated the firmware' message on their forum. That was about it.

The app is hard to use, badly designed, slow as boots and counterintuitive.

For example there is an 'update firmware' button, but when activated it asks you for your URL....my url ? What on earth do they mean. When I asked Philips about this, they told me that you don't update the firmware via the 'update firmware' button (well silly me...) but elsewhere.

That was after their 'support' forum locked me out, told me to change password and then rejected the password they'd provided me with.

Don't try and use the live chat, they will make you fill out all your details and then blithely tell you 'There is noone here, try again later..'

I may have been unlucky but the device issues, the app, and primarily the utterly pathetic support means I'm sending it back and will avoid Philips like the plague in future.
on 10 July 2014
Total waste of money. I bought this from the apple shop because they said it would work to check up on my dog. Set up took forever and it constantly tells me that video streaming is not available. Considering my internet is good enough to watch TV with no problems at all I would have expected this to work. So far all I have is a picture of my coffee table. It also asked me to update the software on the item on the same day as buying it - so was it old stock? If so why was it being sold at full price? Don't waste your money on this.
on 7 October 2015
I bought a number of these, not through Amazon.

I cannot recommend these cameras as I haven't got a single one to register online. We have tried both the Android and the IOS solutions to no avail.

Absolute garbage. After my experience with this and with Philips Networked Audio products I don't think I will be buying anything by Philips in the future.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2014
Great product. Was easy to install, even easy to move about update them on new hubs. No cons at all.

Current glitch it doesn't automatically save any movements caught on camera, onto Drop BoxM. Philips say they are investigating, so wait for this to be fixed before buying, as it is integral to the product package imho
on 23 February 2014
Ideal for internal security monitoring. Once set hip fairly reliable. Back up superb to Dropbox, so even if stolen the back up is retained. Off Site so to speak.
on 2 March 2014
Does what it says. Gives me a view of the room when I log into it but the software loads a little slow but its good
on 7 February 2014
This item worked fine up until Feb this year now canot reset k marks can I return only bought in June 13 I have three othe ones they work fine km23758@gmail.com
on 3 May 2014
was delighted with this product gives peace of mind when we are away from home. It is so versatile can be placed anywhere