5.0 out of 5 stars Huawei E5332 MiFi
Bought this to use with a Spanish sim while on holiday in Majorca. Much cheaper to use a local sim than use roaming on your own phone. Easy to set up, secure & you can have upto 8 devices connected at any one time. You will need to the carrier specific APN settings for the sim card provider you intend to use in the MiFi.
Use this link for a list of APN settings for...
Published 12 months ago by jba

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE Apple Macs do not connect.
Bought this mobile wifi after reading good reviews, BUT it is not compatible with Mac since they undated to Maverics. No mention of this anywhere. So I now have a useless device I need to return. Otherwise I am sure it does the job well.
Published 5 months ago by Jane Edmunds

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars All the mobile Wi - Fi you will need, 28 Jan 2014
Alan (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
I agree with the previous ratings. It works well with my sims ( three different networks) placed in my Samsung Tab2, which will not work with a dongle. It's a little marvel. As to it being expensive. I costed roaming data on my phone with my service provider Orange UK, their rates are: 45.9p/MB or 500MB valid for 30 days @ 150,00, a 35% saving on standard rates , I'm not joking it's on their web site.

I will be in Cyprus for a two week stay and shall purchase a soeasy Tourist SIM from CYTA @ €2, + a 500mb data data bundle for €10.30 (thats €0,25/MB), add to this the cost of the Huawei E5332 @ 44.02. By my estimate the savings made on this visit alone will have paid for the unit three times over, and even more savings to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, 8 Jan 2014
Hugo Minney "hugie" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
Bought this to replace one I lost in a car crash. It does exactly the same - buy a cheap data only SIM, set up the laptop to connect to this network when available, then when you find yourself outside of WiFi reach, you have your own WiFi (of course you need a mobile signal for the network you have a SIM on).
Network ID and password are printed on the inside of the back cover so they are always there if someone wants to use your WiFi; charges from the same Micro USB as my phone; just gets on and behaves itself.
Would 4G be faster? Most places you can get 4G, you can also get WiFi, so I would have thought that would be pretty pointless. I'm satisfied with 3G. For me, it's only for emergencies

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
The device does what is is supposed to but doesn't get a particularly good signal compared to a mobile phone on the same network in the same location.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Neat Little Device!, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
This little device is exactly what I wanted. Easy to set up straight from the box; just insert a data card (mine is 3g also bought from Amazon)

I can't comment on the battery life as I haven't used it for extended periods but as it charges from USB it is not a problem. I shall just plug it into the car during a long journey or the PC if I am at home.

An immensely useful purchase keeping me 'in contact' wherever I end up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
Bought this to provide internet connection for my daughter (who has no landline). It works superbly, with a capped Tesco SIM, so she cannot run up a bill. The instructions do not explain how to find and set up the APN, but, you can find the APN via Google, and setting it up is straight forward (there is a wizard to guide you through the steps). Only negative is the ridiculously short USB cable, but, since she also has a Huawei phone (which is also excellent), she can just use the USB lead from that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than my rubbish broadband, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
Up and running in seconds with a Giffgaff data sim.
Battery life is good but it's new so there's no saying if it will last,

5.0 out of 5 stars good and nice product, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
good and nice product . Good battery life and good hspa+ connection speed. Veru compact size. I recommed.If you want you can change battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says in the tin, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
Used the E5332 in Tenerife via Vodafone SIM card perfect reception and ease of use on both iPad & iPhone - only downside is battery life but used it in apartment so left it on charge

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
easy to set up, good for anyone needing wifi when travelling, when not possible to connect to free wifi in coffee shops etc

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
The modem was exactly as stated. Charged up the battery inserted the SIM card and away it went. I have used it throughout the country and only problem I have had is with the network nothing to do with Modem. Have used it at group meetings and other members of the group were able to use it in the hotel bedrooms. Great little product.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›