5.0 out of 5 stars Huawei E5332 MiFi
Bought this to use with a Spanish sim while on holiday in Majorca. Much cheaper to use a local sim than use roaming on your own phone. Easy to set up, secure & you can have upto 8 devices connected at any one time. You will need to the carrier specific APN settings for the sim card provider you intend to use in the MiFi.
Use this link for a list of APN settings for...
Published 13 months ago by jba

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE Apple Macs do not connect.
Bought this mobile wifi after reading good reviews, BUT it is not compatible with Mac since they undated to Maverics. No mention of this anywhere. So I now have a useless device I need to return. Otherwise I am sure it does the job well.
Published 6 months ago by Jane Edmunds

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
I found this to be the ideal solution for getting connected while on my narrowboat. I never failed to connect though sometimes I needed to move it into the outside area of the boat. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must when travelling, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
Why didn't I buy this before? When travelling around Europe this little toy combined with a local data sim makes life a lot easier when out and about. Easy setup and good enough web interface that works well with the iPad. Definitely recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars works fine, 8 Aug 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
works fine. easy to use. on low coverage 3G areas it has difficulty in picking a good signal. battery doesn't last as announced.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works, 10 Sep 2013
Mr. John Adams (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
Ok, this is a bit of a mixed review as I originaly purchased this Modem from eZee trade for 42... That one was faulty, as when initialy charging, all the lights on the unit blinked, instead of just the Battery icon light.
There is no indication within the small "Quick Start" Guide, or anywhere online, as how long to charge before use!

I left it charging for about 4 hours, before realising that it was indeed faulty as it continualy blinked the whole 4 hours, and when I then unplugged it and switched the unit on, it almost immediatly switched itself off -- Indicating that it wasnt taking a charge, and that the battery was indeed faulty?

I then tried to return the item for a replacement, as I had already purchased the Three 3gb data sim for this unit,

B003Z0T3X2

and as soon as one inserts a data sim into these type of units, the sim is activated, and the data clock starts ticking away!
But I then seen that one is not offered a replacement, only a refund... so I filled out the forms online and printed out the return labling, and sent the unit back... and had to re-order again from the same seller/supplier.... only, the seller/supplier had now changed name ???

The new seller/supplier was now ETERNAL COMMUNICATIONS LTD, so I ordered another one from them for 46.99, while my return order was being proccessed for a refund.... and I now note that the seller/supplier has once again changed, this time to Verygood4u and selling the modem for 45.96... all very strange!

Anyway.... This review is based on the second one I purchased from ETERNAL COMMUNICATIONS LTD.

In the Box -
1/ The Modem
2/ Usb cable and UK plug to fit cable into to charge modem up, and/or use cable to connect to PC/usb slot.
3/ Quick Start Guide.

The modem reminds me of a Bar of Soap ;-) small and neat, fits well in the palm of your hand, and very light.
The cover on the back, that you remove to insert the battery and sim, is very thin, and is accessed by inserting your fingernail, or blunt knife edge, into a small cut out on one corner.
One must then follow all around the cover, still pushing your fingernail or knife all around the edge, until the cover slips off.

Putting back on the cover is done by simply clicking it back on again, as there are several "Lugs" that hold it in place.

The USB lead - Wow!.... This IS very small at approx 7" long.... The Modem just dangles from the lead when plugged in!
Just as well the Modem is very light!!! - Why these makers think a lead this short is "OK" is beyond me!

The Quick Start Guide.... as the title suggests, it really is Quick, but it gets you there? :-) showing how to connect to a PC as well as a games consul and tablet

I followed the steps once again within that Guide, and when I plugged it in to charge it up, only the battery indicator blinked,along with the WiFi icon, and this time the Signal icon was Red... which is normal since my sim wasnt inserted this time.

After approx an hour and half, the blinking stopped and I had a row of steady Greens...
So unplugged from the charger, and inserted my sim.

Take note on the inside of the back cover, you will see the SSID name, and Password.... note this down as you will need to enter these into whatever you will be connecting to.

In my case, I was going to use this with my iPhone, and Galaxy Tab, so I turned on the Modem, and I set my WiFi up on both the iPhone and Tab, and they both found the Modem straight away.... all I had to do was enter the password when asked to connect.... No fancy settings to enter whatsoever!

Both the iPhone and Tab will remember the password, and will always connect to the modem when in range... so no need to always having to enter the password whenever you use this modem.

I then used the Tab to go online to the THREE network page, and accessed my data usage section, and it clearly shows you there what your data plan is, and how much you have used, and how much data you have left.
But seeing as I purchased the Ready-to-go sim pre-loaded with 3gb of data, mines showed up as 3070m.... which was what I expected from a 3gb sim card.

The range of the Modem is pretty decent, as I use this at work and place the modem on the window cill so it picks up the maximum signal it can without being hampered with walls ect.
Speed wyes im not sure about, as Im sure this all depends on your chosen network, what time of day it is, and where you place your modem, and whether there is any obstructions that could hamper the signal?

But im very happy with the speed and signal I get, as others in my work who are on other networks seem to have all sorts of problems getting a signal in certain areas... thats why I chose THREE as they do have the best overall coverage, and is built on doing this sort of thing eh?

Only time will tell if this modem will continue to work as it should... having charged it up several more times, and seeing if the battery lasts as long over time.
But as of now, Im very pleased with this Modem, and more so that it works up to 8 different connections... one guy at work has a seperate sim for his Ipad, and a seperate sim for his phone - each costing him money... so he is about to order this modem and ditch one sim, and remove his data bolt on from the other, as this modem, along with the sepearate data only Sim, works out a helluva lot cheaper ;-)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about this unit that you are unsure of, and I will help out if I can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well even in low signal areas, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
This product works very well, good strong wifi single and picks up 3G singles even in low signal areas
The only downside is the back cover is hard to get on and off to change sims etc and is a bit flimsy

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobile Wi-fi, 31 Mar 2014
I. White "Wheelieman" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
I had been using a dongle with my laptop as we don't have broadband
Saw this as a more useable solution to my Wi-Fi problems
Works well and allows me to print wirelessly too

5.0 out of 5 stars great device, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
It works straight out of the box when the sim was inserted. connected couple of tablets, 2 phones and a laptop without any problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mobile wifi at home, abroad or in the car., 13 Mar 2014
somsoceel (Hvidovre, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
A great little gadget for anyone who uses Mobile Internet. Make sure you get the correct sized sim card, then you will be fine.

So far I've used it in the UK and Denmark, with the respective countries sim cards.

The facility to plug in an external aerial is very much appreciated. All too often you can be in a place with poor 3G coverage and the external aerial has so far given me nearly always 100% signal.

The device can be connected directly to you laptop using the USB connector. This will provide power to charge it up, as well as a method of connecting to the Internet. Alternatively plug it in to a suitable USB charger and place it in a place where the 3G signal is better, then use the WiFi to connect.

Performance will mostly be dictated by how good your signal is from the individual phone company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home wi-fi, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
This little devise has changed the way we use our computers and smartphone. Where we live we have no land line so now instead of swopping the mobile dongle round our various devices we simply switch on and the signal is there. The modem was easy to setup and within a couple of minutes we were in business. Really good and at a god price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huawei E5332 just so good, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem (Accessory)
My Brother told me about this product and all my exspectations for this is just come true and everybody i talk about these things i recommend this all in all i'm just a happy man now ; )

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›