9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
on 18 October 2013
Overall this is a great camera with superfast 1080 50p high quality video. The camera feels a little bit too plastic - an odd thing to say maybe but for the price I would like a better feel. However:
1. It is light - so maybe the plastic construction is bearable
2. XLR mic input is very convenient and the MIOC/Line mixing control is easy and reliable.
3. Auto / ,manual switching is very good and there is a host of controls to allow fine adjustment using the lens ring. Depth of field is easily achieved in manual mode which looks great for amateur dramatics recordjing
4. No ND filter built in is a disappointment - minus 1 star
5. Lens cap fits so poorly I have lost it and have battled for weeks to replace it -£32 !!!! from Panasonic
6. Start up is swift and recording to 2 SDHC cards a great feeling of security
7. Quality is very very good and Panasonic is to be congratulated on delivering such a high quality product for the price
It would be great if I could locate a carry case for this camera - so far the only offering costs around £220 from US.
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
on 27 July 2013
This camcorder has been great so far! It's light and comfortable to hold for starters, and everything you need from the iris to the focus is easily accessible without having to go into the menu's, which are also very user friendly! The quality is very smooth and warm, definitely full-HD! I definitely recommend this camcorder, especially for the price!