4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy and it does the job!
Published 15 months ago by Annette Hogwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact
It what it says it is. NIce and small. I have used the bigger version and would prefer that. If you have big hands like mine then the constant rub with the dial below can be a problem.
Published 12 months ago by Baba Ijebu

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy and it does the job!, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tefal Express Compact GV7340 Steam Generator, 2200 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this based on Which and Amazon reviews after my previous Bosch Steam Generator gave up on me after 3 years. Very pleased with this so far, it's lighter than the Bosch and I like the clip to keep the iron in place when moving it around. Didn't realise the water tank wasn't removable, but it is very large so that's probably better, but disappointingly Tefal don't supply a jug, hence the 4 out of 5 stars. Also need to be careful with this on a "grid" style ironing board as steam does come through and spot the underside of the garment if you're not careful. But overall it heats up pretty quickly, generates loads of steam such that you don't need to keep your finger on the steam button all the time, and it also irons delicate items well with little or no steam if necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 10 Sep 2013
My wife is delighted with this Tefal steam generator (well, as delighted as she could be with a new iron??)
It heats up very quickly and produces an enormous of steam.
My shirts are now perfectly ironed even the pure cotton ones!
It has a clever clip that holds the iron securely to the base for storage, transport and when topping up etc.
Another clever feature is that the leads can be stowed tidily in the base unit.
Only time will tell how long this one lasts, as all our previous irons and steam generators before it, have died from limescale build up due to our hard Kent water!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long!, 7 May 2013
It's so good - lighter than my normal Tefal too. I have 100% cotton bedding which can be difficult to iron but with this it's done quickly and I just enjoy using it! I've used it to steam clothes on a hanger and that's great too. Saves messing about with fiddly tops etc. Worth it for me - I have arthritis in my hands and now they don't ache after my ironing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Jun 2013
I chose this iron on recommendation of a friend. She wasn't wrong! Excellent it gets through the ironing in half the time and you don't have to wait to refill the tank. Wouldn't be without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best steam generator/iron I've ever used, 11 Dec 2013
This product has been in use for a number of months now and I've got absolutely no complaints. The steam generator is ready in a matter of minutes and ensures a plentiful supply of steam to the iron at a high pressure. The iron glides through the toughest creases with ease - what more could you want. I use it in combination with a brabantia ironing board and together, the whole ironing experience has been taken to a new level. This product allows me to glide through my garments in minutes, not having to press hard or keep going over the same spot to get a crease out - huge time saving that's probably very underestimated.
The descaler has not yet asked me to clear it out, suggesting the water I'm using is relatively soft. I fill it with water from a tap fitted with a brita filter, which may be a reason for the lack of limescale deposits.
The product was initially purchased following a Best Buy rating from Which (2nd in the Steam Iron best buy tables at time of this review).

4.0 out of 5 stars FIRST CLASS, 11 Sep 2013
This generator replaced a leaking predecessor. Great iron, light but with powerful jet of steam. Cotton shirts that took lots of time and effort before are now crisp and fresh in seconds. One little problem is the dial seems to move very easily and can be caught when ironing, changing the setting from Cotton to Linen and then catching cotton garments because of the different heat settings. Just need to be careful and check often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, quick just a shame it doesn't actually do the ironing., 30 Sep 2013
I have purchased this item for a factory, we don't do a lot of ironing but when we do its all day so can be a nightmare refilling and weight wise for those using it but I have to say there's no such problems with this iron. A full tank lasts ages and its so light I can't say a bad word against it

4.0 out of 5 stars busy bee, 29 Aug 2013
I love this iron especially not having to take off the tank when it runs dry ,it is also very light and this is good for me as I have a frozen shoulder would recommend it to any body ,gets through the ironing in half the time

5.0 out of 5 stars No brainer, 1 Aug 2013
Do you enjoy beautiful walks in the countryside?
Is spending time with your kids important to you?
Are there a stack of books on your shelf, just waiting to be read?

Well, stop wasting your blinkin' time doing the ironing!

Get one of these and save yourself hours of grubby misery, sweating over a hot iron. Then use the time saved to learn Danish or something.

(Seriously, though. These are ace. It's my second one - the first died through user error and neglect - and I truly wouldn't be without it. Glides perfectly, steams viciously, a perfect machine.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Steam Generator Iron, 15 Jan 2014
Replaced a Morphy Richards used for a number of years and wished we had done so sooner. Very easy to use, glides across clothes items; simple to re-fill with water and lets you know when maintenance required.

Tefal Express Compact GV7340 Steam Generator, 2200 Watt