5.0 out of 5 stars Viveza - An easy to use guide
Like many other photographers in the digital age, taking the photos is only half the story. Improvements can be made back home using Photoshop and Lightroom and recently there are a number of plug ins and filters available for these products to help your processing. But which ones to buy !!!
I have been using Lightroom a lot recently and after purchasing Viveza 2...
Published on 6 Dec 2012 by G Kirkby

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 18 months ago by Techrod

5.0 out of 5 stars Viveza - An easy to use guide, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Viveza: The Secret to Creating Breathtaking Photography (The Lightweight Photographer Books) (Kindle Edition)
I have been using Lightroom a lot recently and after purchasing Viveza 2 (which gets really good reviews), I started studying some of the information available on the internet to try and get the most out of the software. This book was recommended and it seemed worth trying at such a reasonable cost.
I found it really useful to quickly learn the basics of the Viveza software, the different features are explained clearly in the first part of the book. The later part of the book contains example photos with step by step guides as to how to improve them (the photos are available for downloading). With the explanations at each stage I quickly found myself making adjustments and seeing the improvements in the photos with each change.
Having learned how to use the software I am now making improvements to a number of my photos.

If you have the Nik Viveza software I really recommend this book to help you quickly get the best out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robins New Book, 2 Dec 2012
I would like to be the first to review this new book by Robin, I have known him for a few years now after I had a days training in Photoshop and Lightroom, which I found most interesting and rewarding.
As a member of his website I have downloaded and used his Photoshop help files and some of his new techniques on his Blog also, which are great as I can test them out in two windows on my 27" Mac. One window is open with the pdf file and the other window Open in Photoshop.
This is a great way as you are not having to look through the pages of a book then trying it out on the screen, because they are both on the screen together it is much easier and quicker to learn the methods Robin sets out.
This new book is exactly the same I downloaded the Kindle reader from the Amazon website and then download Robins book, I can now read his book on Kindle whilst using the Viveza Nik Software in Lightroom. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and inspiring, 23 Mar 2014
Well written book, really brings out the potential of the software, and leads to a step jump in photo quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 4 Mar 2014
I have read two other books on NIK software and I found them heavy reading, but THIS is great!!
Plain talking and idiot proof(it would have to be I'm reading it)

Robin the workflow directions were so easy to understand and got to the point and in a way that I now understand
Viveza and am looking forward to trying your advice on my own photographs. This is a MUST read!!

Many thanks
David

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written., 7 Feb 2014
K. Cadman (UK) - See all my reviews
Any one wishing to use viveza2 software should read this well written ebook.
Clearly explains all the interface menu/controls and gives working examples one can follow along with via the actual examples being available to download from the authors website.

5.0 out of 5 stars viveza, 3 Feb 2014
Mr. Donald Crabtree (west yorks . uk) - See all my reviews
these series are good, and well described by this british writer , i have read a few of his books and they are good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good guide, 9 Jan 2014
Tried the NIK plugin package and had a look at this book in digital form to see what more I could do with Viveza. It is a good useful insight into making good use of the plugin and clarifies using a number of the available editing approaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective., 9 Dec 2013
I. Jamieson "Grumps" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
If like me you are new to Viveza, this book is for you. Robin sets out his book in a logical easy to follow format, avoiding waffle and jargon. I used an image of my own, similar to the beach shot in the book and followed the techniques with slight variations to suit my own image, the end results blew me away.Viveza is not difficult to learn but it pays to learn it properly, this book ticks all the boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great guide and simple to follow, 14 Aug 2014
This is a great guide, unfortunately by the time I found this in the kindle store I'd had Vicenza and played with it lots already but this would have taught me what I learned manually a lot quicker. Well written and great worked examples.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Jun 2013
A reasonably comprehensive though short review of Viveza2's controls with before/after illustrations and just three worked examples. Examples were all landscapes so look elsewhere for other photography types. Text was uninspiring, in stark contrast to the 'breathtaking' adjective in the title, and also suffered from a few editorial oversights. I don't feel I learnt anything that I couldn't using the free tutorials on the Nik site or even some of the more detailed reviews. Kindle as always is not a great format for photography books as it doesn't anchor text and images very well.