Published on 15 April 2012 by Matt Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars Disjointed assortment of essays
This is a collection of 20 short essays, based on Author Kay Jaybee's research with real people with real lives.
I downloaded it directly from Xcite Books, an easy process that take a few minutes and Hey Presto! You can start reading without waiting for the postman.
The essays vary in length from a few brief paragraphs to several pages.

As a...
Published on 24 May 2010 by Cara Sutra

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot recommend a better book for anyone wanting to start reading erotica., 15 April 2012
This review is from: The Collector (Paperback)
This really is a stunning set of stories! So diverse and yet all so enticing! Some are just plain kinky, some sweet, some are dark but all worth a read. My personal favourites were the `Treasure' and `Studio Girl' but that is because it touches my own preferred type of kink. But to state which story is your favourite seems so negative for it implies poorer stories but here each story has its unique beauty. There is the oddness of `Sweets' - which is a wonderful treat! There are some which are so short they are almost snippets of people's private affairs such as `Bad Behaviour', `The Candle Holder' and `Cupboard Lust'. Then there is `Executive School' less kink more character development - almost substance but nevertheless so arousing. The darker story of `Tequila' which has a wonderful final line which made me laugh out loud! Then there are those which have such wonderful descriptive power that they are so erotically charged such as, `Watching' and `Break Time'. These two are so hot!

These twenty stories are all penned by Kay Jaybee. Stories that she claims are overheard in coffee shops or on various modes of transport. I do not know how true this is but I know this lady can write. Her prose can be so descriptive and this is what makes this collection so wonderful. There is one story called `Late Developer' it is the least of the stories for erotic content yet for me it is the anchor of the collection. It makes me believe Kay Jaybee lurks in every coffee ready to pen her next story from overheard conversations. I for one will be on my own mission seeking out this Collector looking over my shoulder before I drink my next brew!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick Read, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Collector (2nd Edition) (Kindle Edition)
"I received this book as a review copy in return for an honest review"
The Collector by Kay Jaybee.
What can I say about Kay? Kay is a wonderfully talented writer that keeps you on the edge of your seat. The Collector is about a writer that goes out to collect stories for her manuscripts. She hangs out in the most public places and listens in on people's conversations. There are some wild and sexy tales in this collection. When I was reading them, I thought I had them figured out but then she blows my mind and it is so not what I thought. I was surprised to say the least. This book is a great collection of short stories that is in the brilliant mind of Kay Jaybee. Well done Kay, well done...

3.0 out of 5 stars Disjointed assortment of essays, 24 May 2010
This review is from: The Collector (Paperback)
The essays vary in length from a few brief paragraphs to several pages.

As a consequence they do not really engage the reader, finishing before they have got started, too often leaving me wondering what point was being made.

There are worthwhile exceptions, who would have thought liquorice allsorts could have been so erotic?
The subjects vary from straightforward romance to lesbian fantasies to mild BDSM so there is something for everyone's taste.

The longer essays are engaging and well crafted, giving sufficient detail and background for the reader to become immersed and titillated. I thought that one or two deserved to be expanded into novellas in their own right, rather than grouped in with the rather strange mix in this volume.

The overall feeling is of a disjointed, unconnected collection of stories and I have to say I was rather disappointed.

It will suit those looking for a quick saucy lunch time read instead of the dreary `red top' newspapers but sadly it wasn't my cup of tea.

ARRAY(0xb280303c)

The Collector (2nd Edition)
0.77