5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars again!
This is the fourth book of unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph and I've really enjoyed them all - therefore this is an edited version of my review of the second book in the series, as the format of the books is very similar.
Published on 4 Dec. 2012 by R. I. Gilliver

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite entertaining
I found this mildly amusing, but less so than I'd hoped. I think it was probably a mistake to split it up by topic, because it tends to emphasise how similar many of the letters are. Perhaps the Kindle version should be provided with a 'Shuffle' button, to provide a random selection.
Published on 17 April 2013 by J. Moody

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars again!, 4 Dec. 2012
R. I. Gilliver (Macclesfield, UK) - See all my reviews
There are some letters which are just humorous, some which lead up to a dreadful pun, and there are some that are so bigoted that it's difficult to believe that they have not been written in jest - but you fear they were not.
It's a very easy read, and at times laugh-out-loud funny. A great book for yourself or as a gift.
I think, in general, people who have read one or more of the others will be very pleased to read this new volume, indeed might even be looking forward to receiving this as a present.
There are possibly not quite as many laugh-out-loud moments compared with previous years - but still highly amusing...
...and so much more enjoyable than last year's corresponding volume from the Daily Mail (and that is because of content, not my views of the two news papers).

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagine my surprise, 19 Nov. 2012
A real treat and a must every year. Should keep it for Christmas but my husband gets when it arrives as I know how he enjoys it, If I had any will power it would make a great 'stocking filler'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read., 2 Dec. 2012
A book to "dip into" if you want a good laugh. Small enough to put in handbag to read in dentist/doctor/hospital waiting rooms.Will make you laugh out loud, surprising how many letters you seem to agree with!

5.0 out of 5 stars little gem, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Imagine My Surprise: Unpublished Letters to the Daily Telegraph (Telegraph Books) (Kindle Edition)
God bless the Telegraph readers; mad as snakes and sharp as tacks, the whole boiling of them. At this rate there won't be room in my coffin for my poor old corpse, as the list of books I plan to take into eternity is constantly augmented, and will include at least one of the Telegraph beauties or some people will find themselves seriously haunted.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute joy! the erudite comments and thoughts of the great British public are what most of us are thinking, 26 Oct. 2012
I do hope these books are going to continue year on year as they are such sheer joy to read

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem, 10 Jan. 2013
Three years ago I bought 'Am I alone in thinking' for my father's christmas present and for an 80 year old Telegraph reader this was such a hit that I have happily solved his annual gift problem by purchasing the latest offering each year. I must confess I do read it myself before gift wrapping it and this year's book is as good as ever. Anyone with an elderly relative who reads the Telegraph, here is your Xmas gift solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fan of these books., 13 Feb. 2013
Hugely funny letters to the Telegraph which sadly do not get printed in the daily papers. A 'laugh out loud' book. I always wish that I the skill to write such amusing letters but enjoy reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've ever wondered what sort of people write to newspapers then this is for you :), 11 Jan. 2015
Sarah Tipper (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Ever wondered what sort of people write to newspapers? I have. I often have an opinion about something but rarely can I be bothered to share it more widely. Luckily plenty of Daily Telegraph readers aren't reluctant to put pen to paper with their often unusual opinions and thoughts on very minor matters as well as the big questions of the day. This is a clever and funny book and I learnt a few new words. I read this in a single evening and will definitely buy more books from this successful series. It really dots about from the serious to the frivolous in a way which keeps you reading. It's got as many fruitcakes as a Mr Kipling warehouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shows how witty the public can be, 24 Dec. 2012
An excellent collection of unpublished letters to the Telegraph. I would say that because my letter is one of them!
Quickly delivered. A good gift idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 27 Jan. 2013
It's good to know there are so many witty and intelligent people out there in the Great British Public. Very funny and had us laughing out loud.