on 12 April 2013
Great product for a great price. Arrived in perfect condition within a couple of days. Amazing what you can get for your money these days.
on 3 June 2013
I bought this tablet, essentially for surfing and to replace my Kindle which is now a bit tired. I know Kindle offer a guarantee but as I have a rather tattered Mk1 Kindle, I thought I'd get a tablet that 'does a bit more' than just books (albeit not a lot more - I prefer doing most of my work on a laptop, still, sad as that may be!).

I'll start with the not-so-great:

If you're used to an iPad or Galaxy/other leading tablet, do NOT expect a lot from this - and be prepared to buy expandable memory if you want all your apps to work. It is roughly only 10% of the cost of an iPad though, so remember you get what you pay for.

Also, reminder this is a low-quality capacitative screen, if you're used to superAMOLED or Apple's Retina display, just remember this! If you're used to gorilla glass be aware the screen is plastic and may feel 'tacky' (you have to slide apps with the pad rather than the tip of your finger to get the best response out of it - or buy a rubber styus). Games like Fruit Ninja aren't that great on this tablet - so be aware of that if you are buying it as a cheap doesn't-matter-if-it-gets-dropped-tablet for children to play games on.

Battery life isn't long either - 4 hours if used and about 10 static, tops - happily it's a micro USB charger so if you've a bunch of other things that use micro USB chargers then you shouldn't get caught short (I like to charge mine in the car whenever I drive anywhere then it's 'topped up' when I get out.

Better bits:
Next day delivery! I ordered through Afunta UK and it arrived the very next morning. :)

The tablet handles a few simple apps well - I pretty much bought it as a cheap alternative to my Kindle, which has since died. That advantage of a tablet is you can read in the dark for a lot less money than an official Kindle!

Nice and light, about the same weight as my Kindle - so I was happy with that!

Not as bulky as larger tablets, and quite thin as well - I was expecting a cheap tablet to come in slightly chunkier build than it did, so was pleasantly surprised.

Going back to the screen, the capacitive screen has one advantage in that you can use it like an old school PDA and tap it with the blunt end of a biro or use it whilst wearing gloves if you like - nice if you're new to the technology like my parents are (or if like me you live in Wales and it decides to snow even in May!) NB on this, the stylus pictured is NOT INCLUDED.

Marmite bits (love or hate!):

4-way screen rotation - I've got a 'phablet' that only rotates 3 ways, I wasn't expecting expecting the screen of such a cheap tablet to orientate itself in any direction, tbh - so that was a nice surprise for me. It may annoy other people though so be wary

Unlock-to-camera option. This would be AMAZING if the tablet was dual camera, not sure if it's a feature on Allwinner's other offerings that do have a camera on the back and on the front. Unfortunately this tablet only has a camera on the screen side (ok for the generic 'Facetime' apps etc) but it sort of defeats the point of the feature if you then have to point the screen away from you to take a picture. If you're into spontaneous selfies though, then you'll like this feature. The downside if you're used to swiping to unlock in any direction you may end up accidentally unlocking the camera - particularly if you bear in mind the 4-way rotation the screen has. You can unlock to camera if you change the angle of the tablet when swiping.
There might be a way to turn it off but the instruction manual is minimal and it really isn't of massive bother to me so I've not tried looking.

No charging light. A lot of tablets, phones and phablets (and even laptops) often have a small light, or the screen lights up, whilst you're charging. This has nothing like that, so if you're reading in bed and then stick it on to charge before you put the lights out then it won't get on your nerves.

Wifi seems alright to me - though I notice other reviewers have complained. It's better at home wifi than commercial wifi though. There was an option for this with 3G

SUMMARY:

Start with low expectations and be surprised, rather than start with high expectations and be disappointed. At ~£30 I can afford to replace it yearly if I wanted, you could get one every year for 10 years before you've met the mean average cost of an iPad - I doubt an iPad will last 10 years (especially if Apple are against backwards compatibility). Snideness for snobbier tablets aside, if you don't need much out of your tablet then this one is great. If you're expecting it to get heavy usage though I might suggest you serve your search back for the market leaders anyway - the two really aren't comparable.
on 3 April 2013
the tablet is superb, the only downside is it isn't windows but my wife (who the tablet was for) has found operating platforms that work in the same way as microsoft word.
the tablet can do the same as my laptop but easier and lighter to carry about.

I gave it 5 stars because of the functions within it and it was so inexpensive that I got another one for myself.
the delivery was quick, it was a day earlier than expected and in perfect working order. My one on the other hand wouldn't power up so sent it back, got my refund and ordered another one that works perfectly.
on 29 December 2013
I brought 2 of these for my 5 and 4 year old sons for christmas. Thankfully i checked them before i wrapped them up for christmas. the chargers dont fit or work and the usb doesnt charge the tablet. They do have charge on them and will work for the first 3 times you switch them on. Apps were downloaded and the playstore was on there so i could download more apps but after the 3rd time of using the tablet and switching them on and off lines appeared on the screen and i could not charge them. this happened with both tablets.

Delivery was really fast, next day.

I do have to say on the positve that i reurned both the tablets to amazon and they have given me a full refund.

Please note that anyone can write a review on amazon even if they did not buy the product so dont be fooled like i was buy all the positive reviews that could have been writen by the seller.
on 5 January 2014
I bought this as an ebook reader (because they were the same price anyway) and thought 'why not get the extra functionality of a tablet?'

I saw some bad views for this item so hopefully I'll be able to clear up a few things. First things first, it's really not too shabby for the just under £40 I paid altogether. AS long as you don't have too much open it's operational. I've got the android office app running smoothly on there, several 3d games and a lot of PDFs. Too say the least it was money well spent.

The battery lasts for about 1:30 - 2:00 hrs with heavy use, but simply turning it down into aeroplane mode increases the battery considerably. It's definitely worth going through the settings and conserving the power as much as possible. The screen is the biggest killer taking up practically all the power so make sure you turn the backlight down.

Yet to root it and really mess with it but so far I am genuinely pleased with it. In my box I got A DC charger (although it happily charges from USB), a microUSB to USB cable and microUSB to USB converter. The last bit is interesting as I've had a mouse plugged into it and a memory stick and it run perfectly fine. The mouse was a little unresponsive but use-able.

For how much it cost me, it definitely does everything I want it to do for it's price. If it lasts a year I will be happy.

Just a little complaint but I'll give the Company the benefit of the doubt and that was how long it took to arrive. Almost a month. To be totally fair, I didn't get fast shipping, it was over Christmas and they did warn me it could take as much as that long. By chance it worked out fine anyway. Just a little heads up, because it isn't tracked I didn't get no warning that it was being posted through the door so luckily somebody was in.
on 28 May 2013
I was in search of an affordable Android tablet for my 15 month old son to keep him occupied whilst on a two week holiday (and on the flights back and forth). I was fully aware that the product would not have the same capabilities or speed as an ipad but i was looking for a tablet that could store and play cartoons, films and music to an adequate degree as well as having the ability to download some basic childrens apps.
I stumbled on this little gem of a product. Purchased in red at a reasonable £40.99 (minus P&P). When i received it, i did encounter a problem with the mains charger struggling to charge the tablet adequately- however a quick e-mail to the seller later and a replacement was quickly dispatched.
The tablet comes with integrated Wi-fi, attachable USB port (very clever), a lead that enables you to attach to a laptop via USB for data transfer and an SD card slot for added storage (fortunately i already had an 8GB SD card to expand the memory!)
So a few days later and i have successfully uploaded several Disney films, some cartoons & kids programmes, a couple of nursery albums and some basic kids apps for good measure!
I have given the product a basic road test over the few days and like many android products, the battery life is the only gripe (approx. 4 hours life of constant use). (A little tip: place in Aeroplane mode when wi-fi isn't required to conserve a little more battery!)
However, the High Def video player is an excellent feature (sure to keep the little one entertained while we are away) as well as the super sensitive touch screen for the apps.
All in all, happy with the service received (fast delivery, quickly rectifying the issue i encountered with the charger), the price of the product and its capabilities.
The true test however will be in the 2 week holiday itself.....
on 16 March 2013
I bought a similar product from Wise Technology in June 2012.

It became faulty after very little use in November 2012. After many emails they reluctantly asked me to return tablet for repair / replacement.

They received the tablet on 28th Jan. 2013 by tracked courier. 7 weeks later they claim they have sent 2 replacements but refuse to provide tracking information / proof of postage.

I complained to amazon who replied saying that it was out of their hands because it was outside of the 90 day a-z buying guarantee period and contact trading standards.

My 10 yr old daughter saved pocket money and birthday money to buy this tablet and is currently owed £124.99 by Wise Technology.

To make matters worse Amazon are currently fulfilling orders from wise technology despite their terrible feedback.

Last 30 days they have less than 90% feedback. This means that more than 1 in 10 customers who left a review have had cause to leave them bad feedback.

PLEASE BEWARE.
77 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2013
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter for her birthday so is being mainly used for apps and watching things had the product now a few day and i must say i very impress value for money is a understatment.

pros
1. picture is brill very clear
2. seem to be very quick
3. very user friendly (even for a 5 year old)
4. does everything and more that more expensive ones do
so please dont think you get what you play for.
5. not to heavy and a great size and thin

down side
1. battery life is great and will last for about 2 to 2 and a half hours but then again do i want my kid being on it all day lol
2. does feel a bit plasticie but what do you aspect and thats to me is me being really picky.
3. cheaper doesnt fit very well and you a oversea plug but they do supply adapeter again not a big problem

all over would recommend this everyone a must buy i'm all ready thinking about getting another one for my other half again must cheaper than a kindle at £40 i must admit so far just seem to good to be true and if anything does change with this product in the next few months i will add to this but i would say BUY ONE
on 3 June 2013
Bought this for my 5 year olds birthday as she's always playing on my phone and WOW!

Delivered quicker than I thought and easy to use, easy to set up. My LO hasn't put it down. Videos play great, the music is fab and she loves all the apps.

I will be buying another just for general web browsing. Would recommend to anyone looking for a cheap, basic tablet.
on 25 December 2012
7" inch Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A13 1.0GHz CPU (up to 1.5GHz maximumly)Processor Android 4.0.3 (Latest Ice Cream Sandwich OS) Tablet PC 4GB HDD 512MB WiFi MID Epad Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook by Dx-mall...The tablet arrived within three or four days of ordering. I had initial concerns about the quality of the screen as it appeared scratched and marked. I was assured(by quick response) that there was a protective film over the screen. It took a bit of finding but eventually peeled off to reveal a perfect screen. All the apps work well, the quality of playback is fantastic. The ease of set up was very user friendly and there seems to be no problems at all. Very pleased with the purchase so far and hope it continues to provide many hours of enjoyment.