5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trail Shoe for Forestry Tracks and grass
These shes were a great buy at a great price. Lots of cushioning for heavier runners and lots of bounce too. They have really good grip on gravel tracks and grass but is not so good on mud. Fine on road sections too. I have had them for a month now and are my firm favourites for most of my training which totals around 20-25 miles a week.
Published 20 months ago by MacGanol

2.0 out of 5 stars Asics - Slippery devils...
Ordered these to run a mixture of Fell running, Forestry tracks and back roads.

The Good:

Nice looking shoe, not too heavy for X running shoes.

Excellent ventilation.

Very good traction in mud.

The Bad:

Serious problem on Wet Rocks...very slippery.

On wet concrete I would go so far as to say...
Published 17 months ago by Cg /¬¬/

2.0 out of 5 stars Asics - Slippery devils..., 9 Oct. 2013
Ordered these to run a mixture of Fell running, Forestry tracks and back roads.

The Good:

Nice looking shoe, not too heavy for X running shoes.

Excellent ventilation.

Very good traction in mud.

The Bad:

Serious problem on Wet Rocks...very slippery.

On wet concrete I would go so far as to say these will put you at serious risk of harm from slips and slides.

My Kitchen floor is made of Concrete with an smooth surface from years of wear, and with a tiny amount of moisture on the floor these shoes made loading and unloading a dishwasher into a job which put me a serious risk of falling over. Felt like I was standing on polished ice.

I've never experienced this with a trainer before, and in fact get better traction from my Cycling shoes.

They were fairly cheap when bought so I will be keeping them for Muddy tracks, but will not be buying again and will go back to Adidas.

2.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL, 5 Aug. 2013
TERRY W ROBERTS (HYTHE, KENT United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These trainers come up rather small be careful, a number of people on here have all had the same experience, I had to return mine and order the next size up, I am still waiting to see how that works out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trail Shoe for Forestry Tracks and grass, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Asics Men's Gel Enduro 8 M Trainer (Apparel)

3.0 out of 5 stars they need to get their sizing right, 12 Aug. 2013
after reading other reviews i ordered a half a size bigger than i normally do, when they came i tried them on and thought they were a bit tight but would give, they haven,t so please order at least a size bigger than you need, the problem is they have rounded a rounded front so rub on your big toe

4.0 out of 5 stars Light, good fit, 22 July 2013
Light trainers, great for running and a nice snug fit without being too tight.

Would recommend for light running or general fitness training.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, 28 May 2013
These are good trainers but I had to order a full size larger. ie I'm a UK size 10 in all shoes but these needed to be size 11. Even a 10.5 did not fit, so based on my experience it's best to go for a size larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the reviews, correct fit ordered, 4 Nov. 2013
I placed the order for two pairs of different sizes both with one size up after reading the reviews which indicated a numbers of customers experienced the size problem with this shoes. Both me and my son find the shoes comfortable and already clocked up over hundred miles in one week, now that the shoes are well run in and feels even more comfortable with firm support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and feels bouncy when running, 11 Oct. 2013
M. Crane (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I haven't had a dud yet from Asics Gel and this is about my 5th pair at this stage that I've bought online. If you haven't bought Asics before, its probably worth trying them on in the shop first off and from then on its idiot-proof!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Sept. 2013
These are great running shoes, I like how rugged they are as I often combine road running with cross country during the same workout, which means one mile I can be on the roads while the next mile I might be running on a narrow forest trail. Having only race/trained with them over a maximum of 12-13 miles I have no idea how good they will be for longer distances (Marathons etc). I'm already on my third pair of these, goes to show how much I like this particular model from Asics! These are probably not much good if you only do road running as they are designed for cross country and are a bit heavy (compared to road running shoes).

5.0 out of 5 stars great trainers, 4 Sept. 2013
this is the 3rd pair i have bought you get 1/2 sizes wide fitting.they fit very well recomend two anyone