5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant mouse - For everyone not only gamers
A little introduction about me and my previous mouse:
Published 21 months ago by TotallydubbedHD

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE
first 20 mins was painful

the shape doesn't agree with my hand BUT not the reason for 1 star thats my fault not the mouse

the fault is that the mouse PULLS right when you go left so when your playing Dayz or games which require perfect shot or you lose out on 20 hours of work its F ing useless tryied on 2 pcs both do same

so faulty cheap...
Published 7 months ago by BrutalBran95

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant mouse - For everyone not only gamers, 13 Jan 2013
TotallydubbedHD (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Anker® 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC, 9 Programmable Buttons, Weight Tuning Cartridges, Omron Micro (Personal Computers)
A little introduction about me and my previous mouse:
I have owned and still own the Logitech MX revolution, which in my eyes is the best multimedia mouse out there in the market. For the last 2 years I've tried telling myself there could be another mouse out there - each time I've gone into a store and tried another mouse, my first reaction was "meh, nothing special" or "that razer mouse is way too expensive for what it offers".

The Anker mouse - Design:
The form factor is something I absolutely love. Very comfortable, and with the weights that you can adjust it can be customised to your liking.

Customisation:
This mouse can be customised, with up to 9 different keys - making it incredibly useful for any type of game. It also has a MACRO functionality that allows it to register your clicks and movements.
One of the main features of this mouse, and the eye candy behind it is the light colour on the anker logo - this can be changed to any colour of your preference, via the software provided.
The profile switching is also very useful with a button located at the bottom of the mouse, allowing you to switch between your two mouse profiles, very efficiently.

Accuracy and speed:
With an incredible 8000 DPI and 1000HZ polling rate, this mouse is one of the top dogs for precision. Although realistically I can't see anyone using it at 8000 DPI, and more like me at 2000 DPI, however the accuracy and response time of this mouse is outstanding. No lag, no input lag, no flaws, no jittery motion - in other words, it excels in doing what it is supposed to do.

Software:
The software is very good, and has no glitches. When you purchase the mouse it doesn't come with a CD, however it is downloadable online. Personally I prefer that as the latest drivers and softwares can always be found up-to-date online.

Now going into pros and cons:
It is very hard to find any problems with this mouse, as it is brilliant but if I have to be extremely picky, I can name a few.

Pros:
-Price
-Weight customisable
-Light customisable
-9 Buttons to customise
-Sensitivity
-Precision
-Form factor and design
-Grip on the left side by the thumb
-Excellent software
-Macro capabilities
-Great customer service by Anker & LaptopMate

Cons:
-Anker logo colour switch is hidden when in you, as you hand covers it - thus it would have been nice to be able to customise either/or the DPI switch and scroll wheel colours too.
-Profile switch is located at the bottom - realistically I much prefer this, however I know some might prefer it to be more accessible at the top of the mouse
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the DPI level on profile 1, but not profile 2
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the scrolling lines within Windows to level 8
-Overall cable length (could be an extra 0.5m longer)

Overall:
This mouse is outstanding, not only for the value of £25-30 (as I would gladly pay £50 for this mouse), but also for its functionalities and other capabilities.
It has now replaced my MX revolution as my main mouse. I absolutely love it, and NEVER would have thought a mouse could have swayed me off my beautiful MX, but this Anker did just that. Top marks to Anker 10/10, I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a mouse, not only gamers but multimedia users like myself that occasionally game.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just for gamers!, 17 Jan 2013
The review from TotallydubbedHD really covers all of the points and I would suggest anyone read this. I just wanted to add my own personal review of this product as I am very impressed after using it for a few days now.

First off, I'm not a gamer. However I have Anker products and this is a brand I trust, so getting this mouse as a replacement to my 'dumb' mouse was really an easy decision and I would recommend this to anyone.

While slightly larger than my old mouse it fits perfectly into the palm of my hand. The grip point by the thumb is a nice addition to ensure your thumb sits nicely in the right spot with the customisable buttons neatly resting above (the middle button above the thumb also has some ridges to help easily identify which button is which without looking). The mouse glides well over any surface and doesn't seem to collect grime on the pads as easily as my old mouse. As mentioned in TdHD's review the Anker logo light is completely customisable to be off or have different breathing speeds and colours. The other lights can only change colour (scroll wheel & DPI lights). While the mouse to me was a little light, the addition of a few supplied weights helped tailor this mouse to be just right for me which is a welcome option. Overall a well built, well designed quality mouse which has already raised a few glances and comments in my office.

As mentioned, I am not a PC gamer... But, I do use a PC a lot for Spreadsheets, VBA, all sorts of other stuff. Sometimes I demonstrate what I am doing and it's not easy to have the keyboard at hand. By changing the defaults of some of the button clicks I now have direct access to all of my needed tasks directly by my hand, i.e. highlight the text, click a button on the mouse - text is copied. Click a cell somewhere else, click another button - pasted. Fantastic! While I have no real use for the macro record button (hence why I changed the behaviour) I can see that this would be an excellent option for gamers to easily record a melee attack or any other multi-key stroke behaviour which could give an upper-hand in a game.

Installation was a simple plug and play, then off to the ianker website to download the latest drivers in order to customise the mouse. Once installed it's very intuitive to navigate and select what you want to change.

Ideal users - Obviously gamers. But I will add that anyone who uses keyboard shortcuts, precision software (i.e. photoshop for fine editing thanks to the higher DPI) or just anyone who wants to stand out a little more with a funky mouse sat on their desk will benefit from the features on offer with this mouse. Also of note is that you can have 2 different profiles, so whilst it's not a quick fix to change the weight of the mouse it's simple to setup a profile for 2 people who use a computer and each have your own personal settings configured. Another option would be to say have one profile setup for Windows general (copy, paste, windows button etc.) and another profile for Photoshop with buttons set for shortcuts to certain tasks (or for gamers, a Windows profile, and a WoW etc. profile).

Overall for the price this is on offer for I really don't think you could get much better... Even if you don't need the higher DPI rate (which other mice in this class are much more expensive), it's a useful ability to have. Especially with the toggle button to quickly go between 4 customisable made variables. I've used the word customisable a lot in this review, and this mouse is exactly that. With the ability to change the weight, lighting, button press functions, DPI, scroll speed/acceleration it really means you can do what you want,when you want. Kudos to Anker for the quality of the product in a price range that needs no second-thought on purchasing. Seriously, if you are reading this then you must be interested in the product (or looking for a mouse of sorts). You won't find anything better in it's class and I would suggest the 'Buy now' or 'Add to basket' button should be the next one you click.

Nearly forgot to mention, excellent service from LaptopMate! Product was well packaged and delivery was fast from the date of order.

At a request here are the options available to change the mouse buttons to act as:
Click
Right Click
Middle Button
Forward
Backward
Single Key (Select the keyboard key which should be triggered, eg the Windows button)
Combo Key (select a keyboard Combo to run, e.g. Ctrl B for bold)
Basic Options - Cut
- Volume Down
- Mute
- Mute Microphone
Macro - Macro Manager
- Macro # (you can select which pre-recorded macro should be performed)
DPI Switch
Macro Play
Macro Record
DPI +
DPI -
Profile Switch
Disable

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Jan 2014
There seems to mixed reviews about this mouse. I can assure you that is spot on works very well. If were going to be harsh then yes the buttons on the side, if you get your thumb underneath and try and push them upwards they do move slightly, people would call this poor build quality but if you don't they wont !! simple as that ! When using it properly they feel solid.
Also seen people moan about when their hand is on the mouse they cant see the logo lit up, well your going to put your hand on the mouse so its going to be pretty hard not too cover it up !
The shape of the mouse is excellent, if you do buy it, try taking your hand off and on it and see how every finger / part of the hand fits perfectly very very comfortable.
As for the jog wheel, mine works perfect, as does the whole thing and its took over 100 hours of battering on BF4 !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, has withstood a year of heavy use, fully functional on Linux without drivers., 29 Sep 2014
P. Verity ".P." (England, Hull) - See all my reviews
I've had this mouse for a little over a year now, and it still works pretty well. It's comfortable to use and works well even without a driver, as the profiles and settings are stored on the device itself, and not within software; this pleases me greatly as I use Linux most of the time. The only irritation is that the mouse requires windows software to configure, but that's a necessary evil that I'm happy to put up with.

This mouse loses a star, because the build quality isn't as good as I'd like. After a few months of gaming use, my middle mouse button no longer works upon being depressed. That is to say, it works for scrolling just fine, but it no longer acts as a middleclick. This is less of a problem for this mouse however, as there's a button right next to the middle mouse button, that I was able to set to act as a new middle mouse button.

Another instance of the build quality not living up to my expectations, is the middle button the /side/ of the mouse. This button has seen heavy daily use, as I use it as a push-to-talk key for a voice communication program. It still works well enough, but the button no longer makes a proper tactile 'click' when pressed, and requires much less force to press than it used to (it's been worn in, basically.)

Another issue, that doesn't affect me so much but may be a deciding factor for others, is that the software used to configure it doesn't work with macros properly. It may have been updated and fixed since I tried it some months ago, but the macros can't be manually defined; you have to record them by pressing buttons on the mouse, and you can't adjust the delay between actions either, despite the software showing you what the delay is.

Aside from these relatively minor issues it's a great mouse and as such it receives a solid 4 stars from me.

Additional information:
The lights can't be disabled, and the one behind the Anker logo can only be dimmed/colour changed, not turned off. Furthermore, the other lights can't change colour.

There's a button on the bottom of the mouse (non-programmable) that switches between the two profiles that the mouse can store on its hardware, if you'd rather not use one of the programmable buttons for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy anything else?, 23 Aug 2014
I have been using this mouse for 18 months now. Eighteen months of hard daily and nightly use.

Previously I had owned a succession of top of the range "gaming" mice from Razer, Logitech and Microsoft. Each one felt great when new, seeming well constructed and durable, each one gave up in less than a year.

So I had a choice, I could spend £60 - £80 on another supposedly brilliant mouse or just get something cheap.

This was the cheap option and it feels quite cheap, it's light, the plastics don't seem that nice, the thumb buttons jiggle about a bit and it has a massive glowing anchor on it.. but, it is brilliant.

As a mouse it is as fast and accurate as you could ever need, I've never once felt that it performed anything less than perfectly. It is every bit the mouse that my previous mice were with the main difference being that it still works.. After all this time of being hammered daily, it still works flawlessly.

Add to that, the software suite is top notch. I was really surprised by the quality and functionality of it. It works well, looks good and is completely stable, which is more than can be said for some of the more expensive brands *cough Razer*.

If this mouse had stopped working six months ago I would still have rated it highly but as it is, I can't see myself purchasing another brand in future. Over the months I have owned this mouse, Anker have developed into a trusted and even revered brand, a go to for hubs and battery packs, it does not surprise me one bit and I hope their success continues.

An excellent product at an excellent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT MOUSE, 8 Aug 2014
I`m not a pc gamer but thought id buy this anker mouse, and what a happy chappy I am. had it for couple of months now and I love it. I use the 9 programmable buttons for my audio use. for volume up/down. next track etc. I have large hands and it fits like a glove under my hand. so if you want a mouse gamer or just for using as a silver surfer such as I, then I 100% recommend this gaming mouse.
I will get another if and when needed. and at a great price.......happy days

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE, 27 Feb 2014
first 20 mins was painful

so faulty cheap Chinese DONT recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product so far!, 10 Oct 2014
Love this mouse. It works just as its supposed to, the light glow is fully customizable and also just feels so damn great to use. As someone who was looking for a better but cost affective solution from my old PS/2 mouse (Get me from the early 2000's!) this couldn't have been any better. It's a great start for a gaming setups and also holds its ground in games such as CS:GO and Quake Live. My only issue with this mouse is that the driver software is pretty bad... It looks like it was designed by a cheap third party developer who was pretty new to the software scene. The mouse pointer looks like it has been stolen from another game (WoW springs to mind) or from a free distributable art package and the overall UI just looks terrible. That said, I haven't had to go into the driver software at all really... I only wanted it to pulse purple instead of Blue.

Conclusion: A great cheap mouse for gaming. Would recommend it to people who have very tight budgets or just aren't that bothered about their PC peripherals.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you paid for is not always the truth..., 30 Aug 2013
I am not a pro, so read this short review with a pinch of salt...
I was very optimistic when I ordered this mouse as a replacement for my CM Storm Sentinel Advance II. You probably ask why to replace my old mouse? The answer is simple CM Storm I am using right now is just way too big for my hand. As a heavy Battlefield 3 player I needed something which could give me edge over my opponents and this mouse was very promising...

Price and delivery:
Lets start from the beginning, the price... This mouse is just £25.99 delivered! How did they manage to do that I do not know, but for a mouse with state of the art Avago 9800 sensor is extremely good!

Packaging:
The packaging is good, a bit too glossy for me with a mouse on the top and something which looks a bit like a storm with blue lightnings. Inside you only find a mouse secured in a plastic packaging and some leaflets, which I have to admit I could not be asked to read, but there is no CD with drivers, so to release full potential of this mouse you need to go to iAnker website and download the software with the drivers. Not including the CD is actually a very good idea, as I cannot remember to use CD drivers last time as they are normally out of date.

A closer look:
The mouse itself has got braided cable and golden plated USB plug. It is relatively big being 127mm long, 70mm wide and 40mm tall, but still much smaller if you compare it to my CM Storm Sentinel II. It has a very ergonomic shape, very similar to Logitech G500 and it is profiled for right-handed people. It has got a very nice deep groove for your thumb which is rubberised. The material it is built from does not feel cheap except the thumb buttons, to which I will come back later. It has 9 fully programmable buttons (that included a clickable scroll), iAnker logo, which colour you can customise from the pallet of 16M colours, sensitivity indicator and blue glowing scroll. It has also got a weight system, which is very precise and consists 8 small weights, so you can really customise the weight of the mouse. I personally put them all in as like my mice heavy.

Software and drivers:
Software needs a bit of work. The icon of the mouse has not been cut out properly so it does not look good on your desktop. It has got only a few tabs with 2 profiles, that is unfortunately the maximum the mouse can store at a time, the rest of them need to be saved in a file on your PC, which I have found a bit annoying, as I like having a few different game profiles on the mouse, so I could change them on the fly... The most annoying thing I have found in the software was the inability to program simple keyboard key presses to mouse buttons. Let say you want "X" key under your middle thumb button on the mouse, you need to program a macro to get that working!

Gaming Experience:
Once you manage to create all macros for the buttons you want to use in the game you can start playing. I was really positively surprised, the gaming experience is really good, straight after swapping the mouse I managed to get to the top of the leaderboard in my team playing BF3 Noshar Canals 8 vs 8 Team Deathmatch! The aiming is very precise, if you use all the weights the mouse sits tight on your mousepad, there is no jitter when spinning around, so you just keep killing them enemies coming at you with no problems whatsoever. There is however one but! The thumb buttons I mentioned earlier, they are very flimsy, sticking out too much, feel very cheap, the click noise they make is horrible and the worst I kept pressing them all the time, when lifting the mouse! It is especially annoying, if you program something like medkit on one of them and instead of killing the opponent you accidentally throw him a medkit!?

Conclusion and bottom line:
Saying: "You get what you paid for" is not valid with this product at all, you definitely get much more than you paid for. This mouse fits perfectly into the market gap with the best performance vs price ratio you can imagine! If iAnker addresses all the problems I have mentioned here in their next mouse revision I definitely give it a go again, I would even pay another £10 extra to have better software and smaller, better quality thumb buttons. At the moment I will keep using my CM Storm Sentinel Advance II until Corsair Vengeance M65 arrives :)

Pros:
- price
- delivery time from Amazon
- 9 fully programmable buttons
- changeable colour schemes
- very ergonomic shape (right-handed users only)
- Avago 9800 sensor
- weight system

Cons:
- flimsy and cheap thumb buttons
- only 2 profiles can be saved on the mouse
- software really needs working on!

Thanks for reading chrisf4lc0n :)

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 12 May 2014
very good performance with this price, a little bit big, but it's ok for male's hand. fast speed good for game