5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant mouse - For everyone not only gamers
A little introduction about me and my previous mouse:
Published 23 months ago by TotallydubbedHD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad.
I have two main issues with this mouse.

The first is the weight, I'm used to a slightly heavier Logitech. There are add-on weights for this, but they are marginal.

The second is the led lights. I thought cool, let me change to red or purple. The wheel and the palm icon change but the DPI lights do not. How disappointing.

As a gaming mouse...
Published 10 months ago by JDD

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant mouse - For everyone not only gamers, 13 Jan 2013
TotallydubbedHD "Tech Reviewer" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Anker® 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC, 9 Programmable Buttons, Weight Tuning Cartridges, Omron Micro (Personal Computers)
A little introduction about me and my previous mouse:
I have owned and still own the Logitech MX revolution, which in my eyes is the best multimedia mouse out there in the market. For the last 2 years I've tried telling myself there could be another mouse out there - each time I've gone into a store and tried another mouse, my first reaction was "meh, nothing special" or "that razer mouse is way too expensive for what it offers".

The Anker mouse - Design:
The form factor is something I absolutely love. Very comfortable, and with the weights that you can adjust it can be customised to your liking.

Customisation:
This mouse can be customised, with up to 9 different keys - making it incredibly useful for any type of game. It also has a MACRO functionality that allows it to register your clicks and movements.
One of the main features of this mouse, and the eye candy behind it is the light colour on the anker logo - this can be changed to any colour of your preference, via the software provided.
The profile switching is also very useful with a button located at the bottom of the mouse, allowing you to switch between your two mouse profiles, very efficiently.

Accuracy and speed:
With an incredible 8000 DPI and 1000HZ polling rate, this mouse is one of the top dogs for precision. Although realistically I can't see anyone using it at 8000 DPI, and more like me at 2000 DPI, however the accuracy and response time of this mouse is outstanding. No lag, no input lag, no flaws, no jittery motion - in other words, it excels in doing what it is supposed to do.

Software:
The software is very good, and has no glitches. When you purchase the mouse it doesn't come with a CD, however it is downloadable online. Personally I prefer that as the latest drivers and softwares can always be found up-to-date online.

Now going into pros and cons:
It is very hard to find any problems with this mouse, as it is brilliant but if I have to be extremely picky, I can name a few.

Pros:
-Price
-Weight customisable
-Light customisable
-9 Buttons to customise
-Sensitivity
-Precision
-Form factor and design
-Grip on the left side by the thumb
-Excellent software
-Macro capabilities
-Great customer service by Anker & LaptopMate

Cons:
-Anker logo colour switch is hidden when in you, as you hand covers it - thus it would have been nice to be able to customise either/or the DPI switch and scroll wheel colours too.
-Profile switch is located at the bottom - realistically I much prefer this, however I know some might prefer it to be more accessible at the top of the mouse
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the DPI level on profile 1, but not profile 2
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the scrolling lines within Windows to level 8
-Overall cable length (could be an extra 0.5m longer)

Overall:
This mouse is outstanding, not only for the value of £25-30 (as I would gladly pay £50 for this mouse), but also for its functionalities and other capabilities.
It has now replaced my MX revolution as my main mouse. I absolutely love it, and NEVER would have thought a mouse could have swayed me off my beautiful MX, but this Anker did just that. Top marks to Anker 10/10, I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a mouse, not only gamers but multimedia users like myself that occasionally game.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just for gamers!, 17 Jan 2013
The review from TotallydubbedHD really covers all of the points and I would suggest anyone read this. I just wanted to add my own personal review of this product as I am very impressed after using it for a few days now.

First off, I'm not a gamer. However I have Anker products and this is a brand I trust, so getting this mouse as a replacement to my 'dumb' mouse was really an easy decision and I would recommend this to anyone.

While slightly larger than my old mouse it fits perfectly into the palm of my hand. The grip point by the thumb is a nice addition to ensure your thumb sits nicely in the right spot with the customisable buttons neatly resting above (the middle button above the thumb also has some ridges to help easily identify which button is which without looking). The mouse glides well over any surface and doesn't seem to collect grime on the pads as easily as my old mouse. As mentioned in TdHD's review the Anker logo light is completely customisable to be off or have different breathing speeds and colours. The other lights can only change colour (scroll wheel & DPI lights). While the mouse to me was a little light, the addition of a few supplied weights helped tailor this mouse to be just right for me which is a welcome option. Overall a well built, well designed quality mouse which has already raised a few glances and comments in my office.

As mentioned, I am not a PC gamer... But, I do use a PC a lot for Spreadsheets, VBA, all sorts of other stuff. Sometimes I demonstrate what I am doing and it's not easy to have the keyboard at hand. By changing the defaults of some of the button clicks I now have direct access to all of my needed tasks directly by my hand, i.e. highlight the text, click a button on the mouse - text is copied. Click a cell somewhere else, click another button - pasted. Fantastic! While I have no real use for the macro record button (hence why I changed the behaviour) I can see that this would be an excellent option for gamers to easily record a melee attack or any other multi-key stroke behaviour which could give an upper-hand in a game.

Installation was a simple plug and play, then off to the ianker website to download the latest drivers in order to customise the mouse. Once installed it's very intuitive to navigate and select what you want to change.

Ideal users - Obviously gamers. But I will add that anyone who uses keyboard shortcuts, precision software (i.e. photoshop for fine editing thanks to the higher DPI) or just anyone who wants to stand out a little more with a funky mouse sat on their desk will benefit from the features on offer with this mouse. Also of note is that you can have 2 different profiles, so whilst it's not a quick fix to change the weight of the mouse it's simple to setup a profile for 2 people who use a computer and each have your own personal settings configured. Another option would be to say have one profile setup for Windows general (copy, paste, windows button etc.) and another profile for Photoshop with buttons set for shortcuts to certain tasks (or for gamers, a Windows profile, and a WoW etc. profile).

Overall for the price this is on offer for I really don't think you could get much better... Even if you don't need the higher DPI rate (which other mice in this class are much more expensive), it's a useful ability to have. Especially with the toggle button to quickly go between 4 customisable made variables. I've used the word customisable a lot in this review, and this mouse is exactly that. With the ability to change the weight, lighting, button press functions, DPI, scroll speed/acceleration it really means you can do what you want,when you want. Kudos to Anker for the quality of the product in a price range that needs no second-thought on purchasing. Seriously, if you are reading this then you must be interested in the product (or looking for a mouse of sorts). You won't find anything better in it's class and I would suggest the 'Buy now' or 'Add to basket' button should be the next one you click.

Nearly forgot to mention, excellent service from LaptopMate! Product was well packaged and delivery was fast from the date of order.

At a request here are the options available to change the mouse buttons to act as:
Click
Right Click
Middle Button
Forward
Backward
Single Key (Select the keyboard key which should be triggered, eg the Windows button)
Combo Key (select a keyboard Combo to run, e.g. Ctrl B for bold)
Basic Options - Cut
- Volume Down
- Mute
- Mute Microphone
Macro - Macro Manager
- Macro # (you can select which pre-recorded macro should be performed)
DPI Switch
Macro Play
Macro Record
DPI +
DPI -
Profile Switch
Disable

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, has withstood a year of heavy use, fully functional on Linux without drivers., 29 Sep 2014
I've had this mouse for a little over a year now, and it still works pretty well. It's comfortable to use and works well even without a driver, as the profiles and settings are stored on the device itself, and not within software; this pleases me greatly as I use Linux most of the time. The only irritation is that the mouse requires windows software to configure, but that's a necessary evil that I'm happy to put up with.

This mouse loses a star, because the build quality isn't as good as I'd like. After a few months of gaming use, my middle mouse button no longer works upon being depressed. That is to say, it works for scrolling just fine, but it no longer acts as a middleclick. This is less of a problem for this mouse however, as there's a button right next to the middle mouse button, that I was able to set to act as a new middle mouse button.

Another instance of the build quality not living up to my expectations, is the middle button the /side/ of the mouse. This button has seen heavy daily use, as I use it as a push-to-talk key for a voice communication program. It still works well enough, but the button no longer makes a proper tactile 'click' when pressed, and requires much less force to press than it used to (it's been worn in, basically.)

Another issue, that doesn't affect me so much but may be a deciding factor for others, is that the software used to configure it doesn't work with macros properly. It may have been updated and fixed since I tried it some months ago, but the macros can't be manually defined; you have to record them by pressing buttons on the mouse, and you can't adjust the delay between actions either, despite the software showing you what the delay is.

Aside from these relatively minor issues it's a great mouse and as such it receives a solid 4 stars from me.

Additional information:
The lights can't be disabled, and the one behind the Anker logo can only be dimmed/colour changed, not turned off. Furthermore, the other lights can't change colour.

There's a button on the bottom of the mouse (non-programmable) that switches between the two profiles that the mouse can store on its hardware, if you'd rather not use one of the programmable buttons for that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 30 Jan 2014
I have two main issues with this mouse.

As a gaming mouse it;s functional and very programmable, I have yet to figure out if the programmability profiles are on the mouse or in the software. The reason this is important is because I use an HD KVM, and it does not see the mouse as a programmable entity through the KVM. Same as logitech. But if they are mouse based profiles then that does not matter.

The thumb switches could be a little higher. I'm a flat hander, meaning my fingers are flatter on the mouse buttons, and the mouse sits in my palm. That means the htumb buttons are in the idea holding spot which is not ideal.
If you are a claw mouser, holding the mouse with your curved fingers the thumb switches are just right, and your thumb tip will sit in the void.

It is accurate. at 8200DPI it;s a little stupid, but with a UHD monitor on 4k res that will come into it's own.

Ok, but there are better ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars It looks good, it feels good, it's fast, but it lacks accuracy., 25 Jan 2014
I bought this because my HP VoodooDNA mouse had finally failed on me after years of constant use.

I needed a gaming mouse for speed, accuracy, comfort and plenty of buttons for my raiding characters on wow.

I use this mouse on a Razer Goliathus Speed Edition mouse mat (as I did with my old Voodoo).

The Anker is fast, looks good, feels comfortable after long use, has plenty of buttons to play with, but it lacks accuracy.
It's good for gaming (although you might want to scale up that life-saving button you have on wow, you know, the one button you have to click because your keybindings are all set for maximum dps).

It's not good for photoshop, it's just not accurate enough without having to play with the settings again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Jan 2014
There seems to mixed reviews about this mouse. I can assure you that is spot on works very well. If were going to be harsh then yes the buttons on the side, if you get your thumb underneath and try and push them upwards they do move slightly, people would call this poor build quality but if you don't they wont !! simple as that ! When using it properly they feel solid.
Also seen people moan about when their hand is on the mouse they cant see the logo lit up, well your going to put your hand on the mouse so its going to be pretty hard not too cover it up !
The shape of the mouse is excellent, if you do buy it, try taking your hand off and on it and see how every finger / part of the hand fits perfectly very very comfortable.
As for the jog wheel, mine works perfect, as does the whole thing and its took over 100 hours of battering on BF4 !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 Feb 2014
For the price it's OK. The quality isn't bad, about what you'd expect for £25. Performance wise it just doesn't feel quite right for me. It does look nice, so if that's important to you then you won't be disappointed, but I'd spend a few quid more on something better if you can.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rival to Razer, 5 Dec 2014
Scott Atkins - See all my reviews
This is a really good mouse. I bought this initially going for a cheap man's Razer mouse, as I needed a new one and couldn't afford it. I was very very impressed with the quality of this one. I wasn't expecting such a good mouse for the price. Nice adjustable weight, nice shape. Handles well, very responsive. There's just a couple of niggling issues I have with it however:

Firstly, the software that comes with the mouse conflicts with Windows a bit, every time you change something in the software, the mouse wheel resets to only 2 lines per scroll, no matter what it was before, forcing you to go into the Control Panel's mouse settings and change how the wheel works. This gets annoying when you're trying multiple settings to get used to the mouse. Checking on Google this has been reported to Anker for a long time now and they've made no effort to update their software to correct it.

Secondly, the 'extra' mouse buttons aren't extra buttons. They have to be bound to a keyboard key, which is quite frustrating as the point of having extra keys is so it doesn't duplicate a keyboard key. As I bought this mouse for gaming, I wanted the extra keys to be something unique I could bind to what I wanted without having to worry about how it conflicts with different games. Instead no matter what I set them to, it's going to impact different games in different ways, so either I reconfigure the controls for every single game, or just try not to accidentally brush the keys.

This second point is the reason I give this mouse 4 stars and not 5, cause it really is disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why buy anything else?, 23 Aug 2014
I have been using this mouse for 18 months now. Eighteen months of hard daily and nightly use.

Previously I had owned a succession of top of the range "gaming" mice from Razer, Logitech and Microsoft. Each one felt great when new, seeming well constructed and durable, each one gave up in less than a year.

So I had a choice, I could spend £60 - £80 on another supposedly brilliant mouse or just get something cheap.

This was the cheap option and it feels quite cheap, it's light, the plastics don't seem that nice, the thumb buttons jiggle about a bit and it has a massive glowing anchor on it.. but, it is brilliant.

As a mouse it is as fast and accurate as you could ever need, I've never once felt that it performed anything less than perfectly. It is every bit the mouse that my previous mice were with the main difference being that it still works.. After all this time of being hammered daily, it still works flawlessly.

Add to that, the software suite is top notch. I was really surprised by the quality and functionality of it. It works well, looks good and is completely stable, which is more than can be said for some of the more expensive brands *cough Razer*.

If this mouse had stopped working six months ago I would still have rated it highly, it's a truly excellent product at this price.

EDIT-----

At the twenty month mark my scroll wheel no longer clicks reliably and this mouse will now be relegated to backup status. It has performed very well in its time and has long outlived my expectations of it. Perhaps I will buy another.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, nothing special., 19 Jan 2014
Great mouse, the polling rate goes up to 1k(which can use cpu power, but is worth it.) and the mouse is comfy to hold.
My quarrels: The side buttons are cheap, takes a while to get used to them but when you do they're worth it. s and the light on the bottom is pretty pointless since your hand is covering it, could have put it at the side instead of the buttons.
Anker however is a great company, they take feedback well and regularly send free products to customers to try out(anker power user programme).