Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£3.21

on 4 December 2012
I loved this book and couldn't put it down. The amount of detail included in the story was so you felt like you were actually there with the characters I learnt stuff about Camden Town that i had never heard about before! I laughed at the English slang in the story - it was exactly like we speak, and for an American to write detail like that showed a lot of research had gone into the book. There was everything in the story, action, violence, romance, suspense.... you name it this book contains it.

The scary part of the book is at the end of it when you find out how many of the characters really exist and what evil there is in the world and how helpless the rest of us are against it.
on 1 December 2012
Best selling lesbian fiction author, forty four year old Yalen Martinez, is ex CIA. She has fans all over the world. She's single and has been since her long term relationship broke up two years previously.

Yalen's best friends have been trying to fix her up with blind dates. She just isn't interested in the types of women her friends find for her. She decides to use a dating website to find her ideal woman. When Yalen meets Emily, she thinks she may just have found a woman she wants to get to know better. She begins to have feelings for her. When Yalen discovers she's been the victim of an online dating scam, she's devastated, then the hurt turns to anger. She's so angry that she will stop at nothing to track Emily down.

First of all, Yalen needs to find who the woman is in the photo Emily provided. She quickly finds out that the photo is that of twenty nine year old Briana Latham, an ex Victoria's Secret model. It doesn't take much to find Briana's address in Tennessee. Yalen books a flight having no clue as to what she is going to say to Briana. She only hopes Briana doesn't see her as some sort of maniac.

Yalen needn't have worried, when the two women meet, there is an immediate attraction, which Yalen won't take any further due to the age difference between them.

When Yalen finds a connection between Briana and Emily, she is even more determined to solve the online dating scam. Together Yalen and Briana set off for London, England

It's in England that Yalen and Briana discover that things are far worse than a dating scam. Their lives are in danger when they find themselves embroiled in the dealings of an international, multi million dollar Russian mafia syndicate, involving human sex trafficking, computer viruses, treason, as well as the online dating scam. Murder and mayhem are an everyday occurrence. Amongst all these things emerges a true love that cannot be shaken.

This book is an edge of the seat page turner from start to finish. There is so much crammed in to it, it's hard to categorize. There is adventure, action, crime, mystery, intrigue, suspense, it's a thriller and a romance too.

The story begins in the USA and carries on in England. Trin Denise has done a humongous amount of research for this book. It really shows through. As well as being a jolly good read, I've also learned a lot too.

Although this book is a work of fiction, a lot of it is based on real events. Trin has also fearlessly used real names here too. I say fearlessly, because I personally wouldn't have to courage to name any one having anything to do with the Russian mafia.

We follow Yalen and Briana's encounters with the Russian mafia, MI5, MI6, Scotland Yard, CIA, FBI and other agencies in this fast paced book. The characters are all multidimensional, they interact well together and are all essential in the progression of the story. The good characters, I loved, the bad ones, I hated. The story was so intense at times, I think my blood pressure must have risen considerably. There are so many ups and downs and twists and turns in this book, I never knew what was going to happen next. It's not at all predictable.

If you are looking for a book that will engage you and thrill you, with a red hot romance at it's heart, this will fit the bill. But........be warned, do not start this at bedtime. I couldn't put this down once I started it.

This is on my re-read pile. I feel a second reading will enhance the story for me as there will be no pressure to find out how the book ended.
on 8 December 2012
Beautiful kick ass women, Russian mafia, C.I.A and loads of action and in amongst all the action two women falling in love.
The author's description of the workings of the Russian mafia is excellent.
It's a great story and very well written.
on 22 March 2013
Okay, so I just finished this book this morning, I loved it and it's quite sad but I think I'm going to miss it a bit! Anyway - why I liked it? Loved the characters and the pure escapism of the plot completely appealed to my secret desire to be an international spy (come on we all have that thought from time to time surely?!) I liked that despite the main characters in this book being gay, that wasn't all there was to the story. It was interesting and well thought out and seemed pretty well researched on the most part. It didn't treat me like an idiot and made me concentrate on what was happening. I also couldn't put it down! My only criticism? Working in British law enforcement myself - I'm not so sure about some of the British dialogue. British coppers might swear a lot but it didn't ring true that we used a double swear in every sentence and put the word 'bloody' in front of everything. A minor criticism I must say and it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the book. I will definitely be checking out this authors other work.
on 4 January 2013
I was absolutely riveted to this book from the start. The descriptions in the story enables the reader to feel like they are actually there. The CIA gadgets used by Yalen are brilliant and yet leave you considering your own internet security devices. The brutality of the Russian mafia knows no bounds however, the author uses this in context. This book has it all, deception, humor, violence, action with a capital A, and to top it all romance!! I hope that we will be seeing Yalen and Brianna again in another adventure very soon!!
on 19 March 2013
I don't know how Trin Denise does it, but she continues to turn out high quality, well researched books, with seemingly, great ease. It was nice to see some action on this side of the pond, just to show we have some bad guys too! The characters are believable, as are the situations, and not only that, I got to find out how my computer worked! I heartily recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good read. Fabulous!
on 23 December 2012
I just could not put this book down. I stopped reading my previous choice because this one gripped me so much. This is the first book I've read by Trin and cannot wait to start reading the next. What more can one say, the next best thing that could happen with this book would be to make it into a film.
on 4 February 2013
Loved this book from start to finish. Not just a wonderful story where you witnessed the intense pull between two great characters I also found this book very educational from learning a lot about the Russian mafia and some really great information on online scamming.
on 1 November 2013
I loved it... The story is enthralling, engaging and at times unbelievable and then.... You find out how much is actually true.... The central relationship is well written and credible and the slow burn is well crafted. I liked the ancillary characters especially Rheyna popping up again from Worth Dying For. The book is a thriller, a mystery and a page turner. The dialogue is "real" and it was good to see a London setting for part of the book and I enjoyed the Reading and Royal Berks connection as I used to work there briefly.... Just hope Trin doesn't stop writing.... If you want escapist entertaining fiction to take you away from the everyday routine, this book (and any by Trin) won't let you down....
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2012
A thoroughly great read from cover to cover. The action, suspense and romance are all there for your enjoyment. The characters are sound and true to life, cleverly written and backed up with fact. The story is very well written and the suspense, action and anticipation is held throughout with the romance inter-weaved into the plot seamlessly and with care to please any girl ;-). If you are looking for a bit of suspense and action, physically and romantically, this is the book for you...