on 27 November 2012
I read the first book Killing Hope and loved it so much I had to read the second book. However as the first was so amazing, with such a great twist and original story I was a bit worried if the second could live up to the first. I really needn't have worried and won't in the future, Crossing Lines is superb.
You know with some films that have a twist at the end you instantly want to re-watch it with the knowledge of the twist, well both Killing Hope and Crossing Lines are like that! I finished Crossing Lines a few days ago and keep thinking about it. I don't want to start a new book whilst still bathing in the afterglow of this one.
The character of Gabe Quinn is very realistic, likeable and deep. The other characters are similarly written with real personalities and dialogue. I love the author's style of writing. He has a unique voice in a crowded genre.
I also love the humour and British wit. You really won't regret either of the Gabe Quinn thrillers, if you are new to them start with Killing Hope and if you've read Killing Hope -what are you waiting for?? ;)
I just can't wait for the third installment!
on 4 December 2012
An excellent sequel to the Quinn saga. Houghton keeps the action moving fast while reserving enough time to fill out the characters nicely. Some were seen in the prequel, Killing Hope, but gain more depth here along with the new players. The storyline keeps you guessing all the way up to the end (with another amazing ending) and sets up for the next book in the Quinn line. I don't often read thriller detective stories, but I found I couldn't stop reading this one once I started.
I would recommend reading Killing Hope first, there are one or two parts in Crossing Lines that will leave you wondering otherwise. It's not required but if you read them out of order you may spoil the ending of Killing Hope (fair warning!)
on 6 December 2012
...What can I say? You've done it again. A masterpiece of crime fiction, yet again! A very worthy successor to the wonderful Killing Hope. Again, the tension is palpable. The sights, smells and sounds assault the senses on every page. Another remarkable novel that everyone should experience. Congratulations. PS: I would have given it more than 5* if I could!!
on 30 October 2013
This book totally outperforms the first book. It's difficult to get a sequel to be so much better but that's exactly what this book does. From the characters and location to the writing and the story this book is fantastic. I went through all the emotions while reading it and the author has made the story much more realistic unlike Killing Hope which in my opinion was very unrealistic. It's a shame that you have to actually read the first book to follow on the story but this totally excels and is a fantastic read. Well done to Mr Houghton.
on 20 December 2012
Superb! I expected a follow on from the first novel, Killing Hope, whose ending left you desperate for the follow up. Crossing Lines did not disappoint - excellent thriller with twists and turns and another great ending. The fact that it did not directly pick up from the ending of the first book leaves the door wide open for book number three - can't wait!!
on 24 October 2013
Superb book, can't wait to get into the next book. Keith Houghton is so good I only came across him by chance ( one of Amazon's offers ) so glad I did but then again I have not
had much sleep since, I just can't put the . Kindle down once I start to read his book. So here's to more sleepless nights , cheers Keith x
on 24 May 2013
Brilliant storyline with unexpected twist after twist. Very well written. Fast paced good descriptive action. Would highly recommend. Just brilliant.
on 15 January 2013
I finished Killing Hope this morning and was compelled to buy this sequel, which I started right away. I couldn't put it down and have just finished it.

Please tell me that there will be more Gabriel Quinn books. You can't just leave things as they are.

Excellent and thrilling story.
on 28 February 2013
If you're looking for a fast-paced thriller then look no further! The main character is everything you want in a tough-guy detective and the writing style is very Raymond Chandler. But the best thing about this one and the first one is the plot. Just great stuff. Really enjoyable books.
on 30 May 2013
What a great read this book was I would recommend it wholeheartedly, first grab the first book "Killing Hope" which starts the story of our sort of hero Detective then read this follow up. Well written and difficult to put down I will be looking out for the next book from this author.