5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro stayed clear of fog, bigger camera didn't
I bought these to use in my Hero 3+ and Powershot S100 on a recent trip to Antigua.

Before leaving the UK I followed the instructions, drying them out in the oven, before sealing them in a small airtight sample container.

Published 13 months ago by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Go pro fog inserts
Not bad definitely need to bake them first!!! I still got some fogging with cam on my mtb helmet going through a plantation but after 2nd bake worked much much better.
Published 12 months ago by Quikrex

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro stayed clear of fog, bigger camera didn't, 22 Nov 2013
Chris (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: FogLess Anti Fog Inserts - for use with Go Pro Cameras (Electronics)

First, the GoPro. I used the same 2 inserts for 2 weeks in Antigua, where it was pretty humid, and 30 degrees in the shade. I never once had a fogging issue, despite opening and closing the housing frequently, including when it was still a bit wet. As such I think the inserts worked as intended!

However, I also tried using the inserts in my Powershot S100 with its housing. After about an hour in the water with the camera on, I'd get fogging on the lens, despite 2 inserts being positioned around the lens barrel. I had the same problem using up to 6 fresh inserts in one go. I guess that these bits of card are quite capable of sucking out the moisture in the small airspace in the GoPro Housing, but don't expect them to be up to the job of working on anything with more air trapped inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues since!, 28 April 2013
Initially I had thought these were official Go Pro anti-fog inserts so when they arrived I was a bit dissapointed. I gave it a go anyway, and since using them have had no issues with fogging. I haven't put them in the oven since the first use- which has been long after the suggested time, but am still not having issues. A cheap alternative to the overpriced GoPro inserts, but I can't hold a fault against them. Will be buying more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 20 Dec 2012
The product works fine and it is good value for money. Speedy service. Instructions included but the inserts are very easy to use anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more?, 25 Feb 2014
Mr. G. P. Lowe (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I was getting fed up with the camera fogging up in the cold weather. Found out this is due to the battery warming up in use and creating the fog to build up in the case. Thought I'd try a cheaper insert as against the official Gopro inserts. These delivered...simple to use, cost effective and no more fogging. Reusesable and can be re activated in the oven. I found 3 inside the case, slid down the side of the camera does the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Go pro fog inserts, 25 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Gopro anti-fog inserts, 13 Jun 2013
They fit neatly and seem to work well. I've used 1 strip about 4 times (without drying it) with each dip lasting about 2 hours and I've not seen any fogging. I've been using the gopro for snorkeling & diving in the sea around Anglesey (10 to 12°C). I would recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service and Value, 14 Mar 2013
Very fast delivery. Bought for a Sony HDR-AS15.
Can't comment on life expectancy but at this price even if not great will still be good value. Sems to work as well as the offical Sony product - using two in cold damp UK winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 24 July 2014
Does what it says!
I used these on a trip to Sri Lanka and Maldives and had zero fogging! I used it under water, on the water and in humid conditions and still had a clear image.
Easy to use instructions meant I was able to capture every moment perfectly & with confidence that my casing would be fog clear.
I'd recommend using these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly!, 27 Jan 2014
I used it at about 24mts under water and the camera did not fog at all. Added to little inserts, used it about 3 times before I had to
dry them up again and it worked again after that,,, Fantastic product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and exactly what I needed., 16 Aug 2014
The fogless inserts work great. They were shipped with instructions which state to pop them in the oven for 5-7 minutes. They can also be reused over and over.They actually work and I was thoroughly impressed that, even in the water, there was no fog present on any of the photos.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›