5.0 out of 5 stars Ending Nearly Killed Me
I actually didn't know this was published until my friend sent me text saying so - it got released as an eBook on 3rd December.

Published 19 months ago by The Teen Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Addictive
I won't claim that I'll remember this series for the rest of my life, but the author's certainly talented.

The Lux series is really addictive, I know I said that about the first and second book...but that's the point, they really are more-ish.

Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Ending Nearly Killed Me, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Opal (Lux Novel) (Paperback)

I was pretty shocked at the end of Onyx. And frustrated. However, luckily for me, I didn't have to wait long until the next book, but I feel for those who do. This series is so original. I was a bit put off by the fact that its about aliens, but I don't even notice that anymore.

This installment in the series focuses quite a lot on Katy and Daemon. The characters are what makes it so engaging. Katy's the kind of person I know that if we met in real life, (that is, if she were real) we'd get along well... and how can you not like Daemon? I have to admit that Daemon's sister Dee, got on my nerves a little bit. If you've read Onyx, you might be able to understand why.

Reading Opal, it's impossible to say some things won't shock you. A few new characters were introduced, and we discover a different side to some well-known ones...

Now this brings me onto the plot. Honestly, most of the time it was kind of just Katy and Daemon making out. Not that that wasn't good to read, but at times it did get kind of predictable. Especially because Armentrout writes them all in the same way. With all that aside though, about 60% of it focuses on trying to save Beth and ways to do so. Not bad in my opinion.

I love the whole idea of Lux. It's probably pretty high on my list of favourite series'. The ending to Opal nearly gave me heart attack. I could've died. Or killed someone. Jennifer L. Armentrout really does know how to create a cliffhanger ending. So if you're planning to read this book, DO NOT READ THE LAST LINE BEFORE STARTING THE BOOK. Or anytime during the book, for that matter. I'm guilty of doing so with practically every book I read, but I managed to contain myself this one time. It was worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. Just wow., 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)
I genuinely have never cried so much at a book. That's it. Its done. It's over. I never expected such a beautiful and heart wrenching ending. Because it was truly, deeply and irrevocably beautiful. It depicted a true love, one so real that it made you feel a part of everything. In some ways, I'm glad it ended the way it did, because Luc was right: You can't trust anyone, when everyone has something to gain and something to loose.
It showed the honour and courage in a person. The longing and wanting to be able to trust someone no matter what. The deep urge that compiles you to keep faith, when deep down you know everything is on the line. This book shows that sometimes, you can gain from that raw emotion, but other times, you loose everything you have and everything you wish for. And when you find that one person (or alien as it may be in this case), it depicts such a love and understanding, that shows no matter how annoyed you get, you'd give everything to save them, because they ARE your everything. It shows the jealousy that is underneath everything, the protective streak that runs through your veins even though your at a bliss with everything you have. This novel shows that you can't always be entirely happy, too many things get in the way of that, but sometimes, love is enough to keep you hanging on.
But most importantly, Opal tells the story of a real pain that comes from never quite getting your happy ending.
Because no matter how alien you may feel, you're still only human.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Simmer down,Kitten, before I have to get you a ball of yarn to play with.", 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)
First things first. (stands up and starts to clap... doesn't stop for a long while) Jennifer Armentrout that is for you. You are simply amazing. There is no doubt that you have very quickly and very deservedly become one of my favorite authors. I have said this before and I will say it a thousand more times to anybody who will listen. I would happily read the phone book if you were the one writing it. Your talent continues to amaze me with each new book... may you never retire!

Now, with my major author obsessed fangirl moment out of the way I shall continue with my review of Opal. (reverts back into fangirl mode, man that was quick) Holy crap this book was completely awesome. I had originally booked December 11th off from work so that I could be at home to read it the day of release. Imagine my surprise when on December 3rd night I get an eMail from Amazon saying it has been released early and that it would be wirelessly sent to my Kindle... like right that moment. I went insane and my husband now knows how crazy I actually am. Darn it. I thought I was doing such a good job at hiding my crazy.

We shall get the series warning out of the way now. I do my best not to post spoilers but there may and probably will be spoilers from earlier books in the series so proceed at your own risk.

Kat has grown up so much over this series and I really feel she has come into her own in this book. Her thought process shows a lot of maturity and thinking about it now I really can't think of a moment where I didn't understand or agree with a decision she was making. Well maybe her jealousy toward Ash was a little annoying... I mean yeah Daemon and Ash used to date but it would take a fool to think he was interested in anybody but Kat. I love how she interacts with Dawson. He is going through a lot (more on that later) and she is so gentle with him. She has so much to do with him getting better and again this just shows how much she has grown up. She is coming into all of her powers as a hybrid and really tries hard at practising everything so that she can defend herself.

Daemon... *sigh* Daemon... We have already seen so many sides of Daemon and yet again we are introduced to another. This is romantic Daemon at his finest. He is still protective over Katy but they actually talk through their feelings with each other and work through problems together. They do not always see eye to eye but this is normal. But rather than blowing up at each other non-stop they talk and decide how to proceed as a couple. These two together really is something to behold. They are so playful, sweet, caring and loving toward each other. But please don't get me wrong. If you are in love with the snarky, cocky and ego filled Daemon there is still plenty of him to be found in Opal.

"You're amazing."

"I know it didn't take you this long to realize that."

"No. I've always known it." I watched him root around for another strawberry. "Maybe not in the beginning..."

He peeked up. "My awesomeness is all about the stealth."

Dawson is as lovely as ever. I really did love him in Shadows and I am so excited that he is back. Well he is back but not quite all the way back. To say he has been through hell over the last year is an understatement. He becomes obsessed with finding and rescuing Beth and ultimately that is what Opal is about, finding Beth. Obviously nobody is overly excited about this, they only just got Dawson back from the DOD/Daedalus. The last thing they want to do is have him get captured again. However neither Daemon or Kat can deny Dawson this. They both know that there is no way that if either of them were captured that anything would be able to stop the other from going after them.

"Each time I felt the worst kind of fear. What if it didn't work? What if I failed Beth? I'd..." He moved his neck, as if working out a kink. He'd never be the same. Tears climbed up my throat again. I wanted to cry for him, for Beth, but most of all for all, for the people they once were but never would be again.

All of the same side characters are still here... including Blake! Yep he is back and is as much as a douche as ever. Blake/Biff/Bart/Barf, etc... is hated by everybody and honestly how could he not be? I just think he is so creepy and he makes my skin crawl.

Okay back to Daemon because there can never be too much Daemon (man that really sounded like something he would say). I can not even begin to express how much you will fall in love with him even more after reading this. If you have read the other books we all know you will already love him but that love will turn into an all out obsession.

"A slow, wry smile teased Daemon's lips. "Simmer down, Kitten, before I have to get you a ball of yarn to play with."

Snarky Daemon, romantic Daemon, cocky Daemon, possessive Daemon... who cares which one it is at that very moment in time because you will love them all. Just as I do.

Now the ending. I am sure you already know (unless you live under a rock) that there is the mother of all cliffhangers at the end. I am here to confirm that yes this is true. It was 2:00am when I finished reading and I just sat there staring at my Kindle mumbling 'Oh. My. God.' over and over and over and over again. I have no idea how I didn't wake my husband up. Then I started texting my friends to tell them how amazing it was and that they all better hurry up and read it so that we could all gush about it. Yes I know it was 2:00am but they are used to this level of crazy from me, it is part of my charm.

Now the dreaded wait begins... Origin is due to be published in 2013. Armentrout actually mentioned on Twitter today that it is actually July 3013, no exact date as of yet. So really that is not a horrible wait, it could have been much worse as it could have been the end of 2013. For that I am very thankful.

Now off you go... if you have read the Lux series then pick up Opal today! If you haven't yet started this series then I suggest it moves to the very tip top of your to be read pile. Then after you are done with them I strongly suggest Armentrout's Covenant series because they are also simply amazing. She is simply amazing.

"His eyes searched mine. "Thank you."

"For What?" I loved the feel of his arms around me and how I fit against him, hard against soft. He trailed his fingers over my arm, and I was amazed by how he could make me shiver.

"For everything," he said."

Christine
Rainy Day Reads

5.0 out of 5 stars Scream!!!, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Opal (Lux Novel) (Paperback)
I finished this book last night and actually screamed at my Kindle due to the cliffhanger that it has been left on, so much so that I sat up last night googling to see if there would be more, I here there will be another this year maybe July?? PLEASE could someone confirm this to me!

All of the books in the Lux Novel`s have been fantastic, I have not been able to put them down, so I`m very much looking forward to the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Opal, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)
I can truly say that my heart was in my mouth so many times while reading this book!! Best book yet and it ends on an incredible cliffhanger. How I will manage to wait for the next book in this series I don't know. This was probably the most exciting and emotional of the series yet. Full marks once again Jennifer. Loved it :-))

3.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)

In Book One, Obsidian, Katy and Daemon were always arguing, and in the moments that they weren't there was a lot of sizzling attraction going on. Katy learned about the evil Arum and the history of the Lux, and I really liked her character and felt for her having to go through hi

In Book Two, Onyx, Katy and Daemon's chemistry strengthens, but sometimes they admit their attraction and sometimes they reject each other. Mix into it Blake who makes Katy wonder if she could be with a 'normal' guy and there's a lot more tension. The annoying thing is that Katy also starts to get frustratingly stubborn. She ignores her intuition, keeps things from her friends and seems to argue just for the sake of arguing...sigh. However, in the background we get a better inclination that the Arum aren't the only 'bad guys' in town.

So now we're up to speed, in Opal Katy and Daemon are more a pair than they've ever been before, although that doesn't mean they don't still bicker, there's lots of heated 'debate'. Their relationship though is much sweeter now, with each reassuring the other more often now, rather than letting mutual insecurity get the better of them.

The characters start to show different aspects of their personalities here, with Daemon showing more consideration and Katy's powers are growing. She's also less frustrating in her actions. Katy's relationship with Daemon may be improving, but her friendship with Dee took more than a knock and here we get to read about how each girl is affected.

I don't want to ruin the plot so I'll just be vague and say that Katy and Daemon go on a rescue mission. In order to break into a secret facility they have to work with questionable characters, and the question isn't really whether they'll be singed along the way, the real question is who's going to be doing the flame-throwing - metaphorically - and just how deep will the burn go.

Overall: A mix of sci-fi, rom-com and action-adventure means that Opal like the first two books is a page-turner.

Favourite quote: "You really shouldn't trust a soul in this game. Not when everyone has something to gain or lose."

5.0 out of 5 stars You need it, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)
The story just gets better, kept me interested the whole way through, the writing continues to be amazing and if you've read the others this is a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a cliffhanger, 7 Mar 2014
Mrs. Barbara Weir "Lyn" (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)
What a cliffhanger! I can't believe it. I admit the story went so slowly throughout certain parts but then the ending made up for it and left me gasping with horror and wanting to find out what happened next, so it was devastating to turn the page and realise that was it, and I would have to go get the next book. I sort of knew what would happen in the ending, I had an idea about it which was proved right, but Armentrout took the story even further than even my idea on it which was what shocked me. So if like me you find the book going a bit slow, stick it out and keep reading, it will be worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic read as usual can't wait for the next book and beyond highly recommended author daemon black is my dream man/alien!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing book, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Opal (A Lux Novel) (Kindle Edition)
Straight on to the fourth book I need to no what happens this is an amazing story and I have enjoyed them all

Opal (A Lux Novel)