5.0 out of 5 stars all in one
Great addition to the car, installation was easy and set up is just as simple.
sat nav is as good if not better than my old garmin, but screen is much bigger. Radio tuning is easy and takes a couple of minutes, clarity is clear. CDs are just as sharp, the screen shows cd artist and tracks.
Dvds are at home with this unit, picture clear and no distortion on...
Published 14 months ago by george

1.0 out of 5 stars An Expensive Mistake
After spending £400 on the device and £50 for professional instillation (A guy who has been doing it for 20 years) and parts, I was very excited to try out my new device.

I was horrified to discover it's a terrible, terrible piece of kit and barely does anything that's advertised.

1) Bluetooth won't connect to my Sony Xperia Z1 Smartphone and despite...
Published 25 days ago by Denton

5.0 out of 5 stars all in one, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Philips CED780 Navigation System with Bluetooth (Electronics)
Great addition to the car, installation was easy and set up is just as simple.
Dvds are at home with this unit, picture clear and no distortion on sound.
All in all very happy with my buy at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic all in one system!, 11 Mar 2014
Can't recommend enough! Brilliant unit with endless connectivity and functionality. Easily tweakable(speedcam warnings on sat nav etc). Nice to customise. Update to overide phone screen when in nav mode is only extra needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant device, 28 Nov 2013
My partner loved this. Bought as a gift for his birthday and he and a friend fitted it. He is extremely pleased with it. It arrived very quickly, was well packaged and was as described.

1.0 out of 5 stars An Expensive Mistake, 2 Dec 2014

1) Bluetooth won't connect to my Sony Xperia Z1 Smartphone and despite trying almost 20 apps, I've had no luck. It's definitely working as the CED 780 recognizes other devices in the house. I tried connecting a phono wire into the AV socket and get a really nasty high pitch whine in the background. It doesn't even connect without issues via wire? So, no music or phone calls for me

2) The radio sound swells and has a slight echo, every 2 mins. It's infuriating. So, no quality radio for me.

3) It took a while to find the settings to correct faults with the Sat Nav, which now appears to work, but it's slow so I now still use my Garmin I bought last year. For updating the maps you will have to pay another $60 and finding instructions on how to do it is basically impossible. It will be trial and error.

4) The touch screen is horribly laggy. I've had to reset the device twice in two weeks because it crashes. This means you lose all settings, like programmed radio stations.

5) Some people may think it's a plus, but the sat nav switches off the radio or CD and tells you when you are over the speedlimit. You can set it to only warn when doing 130% speed limit. You won't be one of the people in the outside lane doing 90 anymore. I know this feature is designed for safety, but I'd be happier without it.

6) I bought a new flash drive to play MP3s and MP4s. The device doesn't recognize it. Perhaps that's because it's 64GB, but still. Another waste of money.

7) The device also doesn't recognize many file formats. It says it recognizes MP4, but only about 10% of mine work. I discovered this after spending another £20 on a 32GB SD card, so more money wasted.

8) The DVD player...IT WORKS!!!! Philips managed to provide a piece of technology with this clanger that actually works. I was absolutely astounded when the screen actually played a film. It does however automatically display DVD subtitles and won't work while driving, so your kids won't be silent as you'd hoped and you have to fiddle to rid the subtitles, but It WORKS!!!

In summary, I've spent almost £550 to get rid of a stereo that worked fine for a piece of shi...

Philips CED780 Navigation System with Bluetooth